Select alternate rows to copy

I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy
to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this?
--
Christina
0

Christina

Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy
down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE

=MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0

Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one
you want.  Copy that data and pate to another sheet.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy
> to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this?
> --
> Christina

One fairly easy way, assume the date is in A2:A200 and you want to copy A2,
A4, A6 and so on, insert a new column adjacent to the one you want to copy
(if it is empty already no need to insert a new column), in this case in B2
you would put

=MOD(ROW(1:1),2)=1

now copy down using the fillhandle to B200, select both column and apply
data>filter>autofilter, form the dropdown in B select TRUE, select the
visible range and press F5, select special and visible cells only, press ctrl
+ c to copy and then paste into the other sheet, finally remove the help
range from both ranges

Or from the other sheet use a formula like

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,ROW(1:1)*2-2,)

copy down

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Christina" wrote:

> I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy
> to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this?
> --
> Christina
0
PeoSjoblom (790)
1/26/2005 5:25:05 PM
Thanks Nick. That is exactly what I needed.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Christina
>
> Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy
> down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE
>
> =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0
>
> Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one
> you want.  Copy that data and pate to another sheet.
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy
> > to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this?
> > --
> > Christina

0
Christina (58)
1/27/2005 1:05:01 AM
Thanks Peo. That is exactly what I needed.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> One fairly easy way, assume the date is in A2:A200 and you want to copy A2,
> A4, A6 and so on, insert a new column adjacent to the one you want to copy
> (if it is empty already no need to insert a new column), in this case in B2
> you would put
>
> =MOD(ROW(1:1),2)=1
>
> now copy down using the fillhandle to B200, select both column and apply
> data>filter>autofilter, form the dropdown in B select TRUE, select the
> visible range and press F5, select special and visible cells only, press ctrl
> + c to copy and then paste into the other sheet, finally remove the help
> range from both ranges
>
> Or from the other sheet use a formula like
>

> =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,ROW(1:1)*2-2,)
>

> copy down
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Christina" wrote:
>
> > I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy
> > to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this?
> > --
> > Christina
0
Christina (58)

Run report on multi selected records.

Multiple copies of messages, sent as attachments
I've been getting an error once and a while using outlook. It seems that some of my emails are duplicating themselves, and my friends/co workers get up to 98 messages from me, when I've on.y sent one. IT appears normal, but as if they have an attachement, even if there wasn't originally an attachment. HELP!! Thanks ...

move row data to columns
We had a problem with some test data and instead of test results being recorded in multiple rows 5 columns wide, all of the data was recorded in one row multiple columns wide. The data consists of 5 readings taken every second for a period of 2 hours. Each reading is in it's own cell (no cell contains more than one reading). Do you know of a way that I can move each set of readings (5 test results) into it's own 5 column wide row? i.e. currently shows in single row as: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128, 128, 128, 128, 128, 234, 234, 234, 234, 234, etc. and I need in 5 column wide rows: 0, 0, 0, ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Autofilter header row
My experience has been that the first row is where the controls (down arrow) appear when autofilter is invoked. But I've now been sent a spreadsheet (just unformatted data in a large table) where the autofilter chooses the second row. I've compared the new spreadsheet with previous versions and don't see any difference in layout, etc. What can be causing this problem? Is there something "invisible" that tells Excel which is the header row for the data to be filtered? If I select row 1 and then click autofilter, the controls do appear on row 1 but otherwi...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

Lost row height format?
My boss is working in a workbook with numerous sheets. He saved the file and then reopened it after his HDD was replaced. When he reopened the file, all of the row heights were off a little bit, but since this is for a large financial report, it is a big deal. Does anyone know what could cause this and have any idea how to fix it. He swears he did not change any of the settings in excel, or manually adjust any of the rows. Prior to re-opening, all rows were set at 11. Now some are 12, some 11, some 11.5, some 10.??. This happened on every sheet. Help!!! Thanks, Mac Highl...

how to filter html part of a mutiltipart/alternative message ?
hello, I created rules to filter message based on their content. for text/plain or text/htlm message, no problem. but for multipart/alternative message, Outlook2K seems to read only the text/plain part, not the text/html part :( and some mailer/spamer send emails with an empty text:plain part and somthing in the text/html part. how con I tell Outlook to read also the text/html in case of a multipart/alternative message ? TIA, Pierre. ...

select text in Calendar

My copy of MS-Publisher is not working
My company(Warner Brothers Publications) purchased MS- Publisher 2000 for Servers but I do not have the software. It seems that a few years ago it was downloaded to our server by the people that were here before my time and even though I have the product Key for it, I do not have the software and I need to install it on two users that have new computers and used to have it and need it for their everyday work. How or who do I contact in Microsoft since this is a product that we own. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Gerry Lora <gerry.lora@wa...

Copying a formula to another page
Hello, I am a new user to Excel. I am working with a spreadsheet that and I want to pull the formula for one spreadsheet to another. What are the procedures for copying the formula. Thanks, Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I am a new user to Excel. I am working with a spreadsheet >that and I want to pull the formula for one spreadsheet to >another. What are the procedures for copying the formula. > >Thanks, >Lisa >. > Lisa, Try entering the tab name of the sheet from which you want to copy the formula from in a cell in the sheet you want ...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

inserting rows #7
is it possible to insert rows at a regular intervals by using one command? like i have to insert rows after odd rows number....1,3,5,.... thanks Ankur, Insert a new column, and use the formula: =ROW() and copy to match your table. Then below your table, in the same column, insert a 1 in the first cell (or the number of your lowest numbered odd row in your table), then below that the formula =??+2 where you replace the ?? with the cell address of the cell with the 1. Then copy down that formula until a number matches your highest row number. Then copy that column, and pastespecial valu...

Copy Shortcut
Hello, I have the following code which works fine to copy files: Dim SourceFile, DestinationFile, Username SourceFile = "\\[MyServer]\[MyFolder]\[MyFileName].[extension]" DestinationFile = "c:\Temp\[MyFileName].[extension]" FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile However I want to copy a Windows shortcut file and this doesnt have an extension so when I run this it states it can't find the file however the shortcut is there. Can anyone help on this? I have tried to find a extension for shortcuts but there doesnt seem to be one? Many thanks in ad...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

macro: sort list, then print w/out blank rows
Hi, i have been trying to write a macro (see below) that can do th following: 1. Sort a list based on two columns. 2. Print the list including header row. I have encountered the following problems: 1. The first column by which I sort is sorted in Ascending order. I a sorting a selected range (see below). This resulted in those rows i that range that were left blank to come up first. I want to ignor those rows. 2. When I let the macro print the range, it prints the whole range What do I do to have only those rows printed that are non-blank? Range("A6:F10005").Select Selection.S...

totaling rows
New at this hope this makes sense: I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant column. What formula would add the numbers in each of the demographics and insure that the different ranges equal each other and the total participants for each row. Thanks, Mel "Mel" wrote: > New at this hope this makes sense: > > I have rows of data that include entering demographics, 6 columns indicate > race, 2 columns gender, six age range columns and a total participant colu...