select all non-blank cells from different workbook

hi again,

I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one
workbook, then paste these cells into a different workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1.

 thanks much!

Just to clarify,

is the data in sheet1 in orderly manner and what do you mean about sheet2?
How does the data need to be on the sheet2?

Rgrds,
Kristiina

--
I help with Excel and PowerPoint
Office ToDo

0
Kristiina

Project Owner Blank in Edit Project Properties
When in Project Center (2007) and in Edit Project Properties window, some of our projects have a blank in the Project Owner Field when first published. After trying to change it to the proper owner (manager), and try to save it, it displays a few error lines (unknown error has occurred) and it won't allow changes to anything. Other projects are populated fine with the Project Owner. Project Proffesional is working fine (can edit and publish changes to the "Project/Project Information" Window. Any ideas how to fix this strange "blank project owner" ...

histograms not counting blank cells
how do i get a histogram to accept an input field that has some non-data fields in it? the fields are mostly blank cells, but the histogram doesnt like them and wont produce a chart/graph. if that doesnt work, is there another way to count how many scores fall within specific ranges and then graph those counts? ...

Run report on multi selected records.

When shading cells using the 'pattern' option, they print in grey.
When trying to print a 'pattern' in cell shading, it prints only as grey-scale solids. Do the patterns not print, or is it "averaging" the pattern into a solid? Printer dpi is 600, and appears as a pattern on Preview. ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

How do I disable the workbook close method
If I have multiple workbooks open, how can I programmatically prevent the users from using the close button (or file option) to close the workbook? I need that all to be done through my code. Is this possible? ~Jenny Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Not MyClose Then Cancel = True Endif End Sub The myClose variable should be a global Boolean, which you set to True in your code. This code goes in the Thisworkbook code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

buggy cell miscalculates SUM function
Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells correctly. It gives a valu of 9 when it should be 42. The problem might be with cell B16, which it seems to pass over. TIA Spreadsheet attache Attachment filename: calwin foster care training analysis - demo.xl Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=58266 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try formatting that B16 cell as General and then reenter the value. (excel may have been seeing your value in B16 as text) "lindasf <" wrote: > > Cell B19 does not SUM the preceding 5 cells corr...

Referencing a referenced cell
Sheet1!C4 contains the formula =Sheet2!A1 I want Sheet1!D4 to find out what cell Sheet1!C4 is referencing an then return the value two columns over. (Offset will take care o returning the value two columns over). My problem is I need to kno which cell Sheet1!C$ is referencing. If I use the formul "=OFFSET(Sheet1!C4,0,1)" I get the value from one column to the righ of Sheet1!C4, I need the value of one column to the right of the cel being referenced by Sheet1!C4, (Sheet2!A1) How would I do this. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your post in Excel.mis...

select text in Calendar

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

How do I add different ranges in a column together?
I have a large column of numbers and need to select random numbers that I need to total. Rather than adidng one cell at a time. How do I add multiple ranges within the column together? Thank you If they're ranges (as in groups of consecutive cells) you can use SUM, as in =sum(a1:a5,a20:a43, ... ). If they're cells that are selected based on the value of some other cell in the same row, you can use sumif: =sumif(b:b,"Selection",a:a) would add the values in column A of the rows where column B is equal to "Selection". If it's really pretty random, I'...

balance difference
The balance for my checking account on the home page and account list page is $1.38 more than the balance listed in the account register. The register balance is right. Where is this 1.38 coming from, and how can i fix it? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Joey wrote: >The balance for my checking account on the home page and >account list page is $1.38 more than the balance listed in >the account register. The register balance is right. Where >is this 1.38 coming from, and how can i fix it? Thanks. Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" w...

Dragging and dropping cells with the keyboard
Is there anyway to drag and drop cells using keyboard shortcuts For example in Word you can highlight text, press F2 and then move the cursor to the desired locatiion and press enter I know you can copy/cut and paste but dragging and dropping cells with formulas maintains cell references without having to input '$' holding signs. This would be particularly helpful for large ranges Thank you for your time Tom You can cut (Ctrl+X), then use the arrow keys to another cell, and paste (Ctrl+V). The original references are maintained. Or, select a cell, and press the F2 key to enter Edi...

Link select with a blast

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Select Case in a Change Event

how to i creat page with text "this page is intended to be blank"
I want to make the page with taxe " this page is intended to be blank" but when I print this page, i want it blank, pls help me and, I have an document with some section, i want some section with setting difference odd and even page in page settup, but it not work, how to do See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/InsEvnPgEndChap.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FFE0A4-7805-43A6-B458-5161DBBF0ABF@microsoft.com....

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...

Forms Option control cell
How can I control the value of one cell (A15) based on which option was selected in an optionbox on a form? Thanks, You can use the Click event of each OptionButton, like the following: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 1 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() If OptionButton2.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 2 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton3_Click() If OptionButton3.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 3 End If End Sub Or, in a separate procedure S...

Select Records based another table...