See more than one tab at a time

I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel.
Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or
more tabs from the same worksheet
0
rocky59 (1)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59"
<rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel.
>Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or
>more tabs from the same worksheet

That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking
on the tab would move you from where you are to... well, to where you
already are, essentially.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)
8/28/2004 10:16:05 PM
question was - ???

answer was - !!!!!!! (hank, no offence...)

got me there both ways...

:-)

---

Rocky

You seem confused about what a workSHEET is as opposed to workBOOK

Worksheets have only one tab(each tab in a workBOOK is a worksheet).

You can have Tools>Options>View "Windows in taskbar" enabled which will allow
more than one workBOOK to be displayed on the taskbar.

Worksheets are internal to each workBOOK and cannot be displayed on the
taskbar.

If you wish to see more than one worksheet on the screen you can go to
Window>New Window and create a second(or more) window.  You can arrange these
windows so's you can see multiple windows on the screen at once.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59"
<rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel.
>Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or
>more tabs from the same worksheet

0
Gord
8/28/2004 10:33:14 PM
I am trying to do something that may be similar.

I think I may have found a way. ???

Consider a WORKBOOK [BOOK2.XLS] with 2 WORKSHEETS.[SHEET1 & SHEET2]
Within a WORKBOOK you can select MENU=WINDOW/NEW_WINDOW

THIS WILL CREATE YOU 2 WINDOWS FOR THE WORKBOO
The First window is called BOOK2:1
The Second window is called BOOK2:2

You can arrange the windows as you see fit -say HORIZONTAL
MENU=WINDOW/ARRANGE

The windows are independant.

What I do is I select WORKSHEET=SHEET1 for WINDOW=BOOK2:1
& WORKSHEET=SHEET2 for WINDOW=BOOK2:2

Now I have to work out how to automate this - LOL

Differentiate between a WORKBOOK a WORKSHEET and a WINDO

Can VLOOKUP be used to search for more than one possible value?
I am trying to create an academic progress form for college students that is specific to our department's requirements. We have different categories of classes that need to be completed: chemistry, biology, calculus, etc. Some of these are specific, e.g. Biology 171; for others, students have options, e.g. either Chemistry 151 or 161. We get a report on the courses students have completed each semester, which I put into a separate worksheet. I want the Excel form to automatically fill in course information in the appropriate category spaces based on course report data. I am attempt...

One OE identity hangs OE
My other OE identities work fine, but one identity, when switched to, cannot be exited or switched out of. Instead, its inbox messages get duplicated multiple times. If I end the OE task to get out of this hang, the same thing occurs the next time I enter that identity. If I just let it remain in the "hung" state, eventually I get a window saying a download timed out. I don't know what download is started in the process of attempting to exit out of that identity. It seems that something in that idntity's mailbox has been corrupted. Is there any way to "cl...

delete design on one slide only
I want to keep my slide design for all the other slides but in my presentation I want one slide that has no background design, how can I doo this with PowerPoint 2003? Can you have blank template on one slide, and the rest have a design? Hi Nancy Select the slide then Format -> Background -> tick 'Omit background graphics' -> Apply. You can also change the background colour in that dialogue box too if you want. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsof...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Refresh tabs
Excel is having a tough time shifting from one tab to another and recalculating the page. If however I clikc F9 the tab is fine. Is there anyway to make it when clicking upon the tabs that they refresh automatically? I was considering a macro that would refresh every 15 seconds or something, but I thought I'd ask this first. I'd appreaciate help with either, thanks. -- MACRE0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MACRE0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10848 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Combining two columns into one- Excel 2007
I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc. I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually would be out of the question. Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer? Thanks Steve Clarification What I want to do is insert a blank row every other row, and then move the data in column b1 down into A2, b2 into A4 etc. Original worksheet A B 2/1/2007 45 2/2/2007 49 2/3/2007...

entering time
Is there a way to set up a cell so that I can type in 1330, and have Excel put in the colon so it reads 13:30 (military time)? right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. As written, works on a1:a100 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> Dim InputRange As Range Dim Temp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim Separators(2) As String Separators(0) = ";" Separators(1) = "," Separators(2) = "." Application.EnableEvents = False Set InputRange = [A1:A100] 'or whatever If Intersec...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Using more than one OR Statement
Hi there I am working on producing a time sheet for my work. I have the following function happening in a box : =IF(OR(B12="A/L",B12="S/L",B12="P/H",B12="FLEXI"),7/24,C12-B12-D12) where B12 = time started, C12 = time finished and D12 = length of unpaid breaks. Currently if someone puts either A/L, S/L, P/H or FLEXI it will show the value of 7.00 in the total colomn. What I would like to happen is that is somoene inputs "FLEXI" to the box that the value 0.00 would be shown. Reason being that tthis is time that a staff membe...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

tab strip
I AM TRYING TO WRITE VBA CODE FOR A TAB STRIP THAT CONTAINS FOUR TABS WITH THE SELECTION TO BE DISPLAYED IN A GIVEN CELL LOCATION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? -- icebreaker914 You have some suggestions at one of your other posts. icebreaker914 wrote: > > I AM TRYING TO WRITE VBA CODE FOR A TAB STRIP THAT CONTAINS FOUR TABS WITH > THE SELECTION TO BE DISPLAYED IN A GIVEN CELL LOCATION. CAN ANYONE HELP ME > OUT? > -- > icebreaker914 -- Dave Peterson ...

Date and Time form
This should be an easy one... I have a form that is designed to be a log for entering processes and times. There are several Date/Time entries to be made on the form. I created a form(frmTime) that pops up when one of the Date/Time fields are clicked. The user can then input the appropriate date and time. Well, right now it only works for the [In] field. But, I'd like to use the same form to enter different data into other Date/Time fields. Can someone tell me the appropriate technique for this? Here's my code (such as it is): Private Sub Close_Form_Click() On Error GoT...

i need to convert from UTC time to Local -7 hours offset
i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from UTC (GMT) Hi simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com... > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from > UTC (GMT) I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract -7 hour for a time colum...

Time and Numbers
I'm having a problem trying to figure out a formula that subtracts numbers from the time. In Cell G4 I have total Hours Cell A29 total square inches B29 has ? Price per square inch Cell C29 has ? Total Price How do I get my Price Per Sq. Inch based on $80.00 for every 3600 Sq. Inches based on Total Hours? Any help at all! Thanks in Advance. On May 3, 1:56=A0pm, Bob <bobandrich...@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm having a problem trying to figure out a formula that > subtracts numbers from the time. > In Cell G4 I have total Hours > Cell A29 total square inches > B29 has ...

emails in One Inbox
Dear Anyone, Greetings to all, and I am new to this. I am tired of searching for my emails in various accounts. Is there a way of merging all the folder, i.e. all Inboxes, All Sent messages, All Drafts etc...? Is there a rule I cna create that will do this? I am using a Gmail IMAP account and a .ME IMAP account. Thank you for the help in advance. Mokuti -- Message posted via http://www.mackb.com On 2/26/10 8:46 PM, mokuti via MacKB.com wrote: > Is there a rule I cna create that will do this? > I am using a Gmail IMAP account and a .ME IMAP account. Custom View -...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

One-to-Many Connector in Auto Shapes
Hi I'm tring to draw a database diagram in excel. Does anyone know where I can find a 'one-to-mamy or many-to- many connector? Cheers, Lynne Hi Lynne one question: Do you think Excel is the right tool for that :-) It's neither a database nor a design tool. I would suggest VISIO for that (for small scale projects). So AFAIK Excel has no 'connector shapes' Frank Lynne wrote: > Hi I'm tring to draw a database diagram in excel. Does > anyone know where I can find a 'one-to-mamy or many-to- > many connector? > > Cheers, Lynne ...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

How to change time settings for Outlook to download email
How do I change the time intervals for Outlook to download email? Thank you very much for any help here Jerry Tools - Options. "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eEFGtCRcJHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I change the time intervals for Outlook to download email? Thank > you very much for any help here > Jerry > Depends on your version which you chose not to post. Just look for your Send/Receive Settings. They won't be that hard to find--usually in your Tools menu. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jerry" <jerry@h...

Looking for some one doing cycle counts???
I am looking at buying this software for a C-Store but i have yet to talk to some one that is doing cycle counts with the program. If you are doing cycle counts and dont mind me calling and asking questions please email me windman@cox.net . I dont understand why people spend this much money on scanning systems and then dont use them for inventory. I am also interested in learning SQL if there is a good web site you can recommend it would be great. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

TAb forms in Access 2007
I am new to using Access 2007 and I would like to be able to split a large table across many forms using tabs as a way of doing it - like a normal filing system. E.g. tab for name, then contact details, training information, etc. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out, as I do not see a method in 2007. Barry, With you form open in design view, click on the Design Tab in the ribbon. One of the control selection buttons looks like a tab control. It should be on the right of the Check mark, but the tool tip will tell you. Click on it then click on your form. To...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...