Security in Document Control

Hi experts,

Could you tell me what facility Excel has for document
control.  I am aware of sheet protection and passwording
etc but is there any way of doing the following:

1. Making the file unsavable (even with a different file
name) so changes can be made, printed out and submitted for
inclusion in the master file.

2. Having the file self delete after a certain period of time.

I just only want one copy of this file in existence, bar
backups.

thank you

Lisa

0
anonymous (74725)

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel A
Boolean)

If SaveAsUI = True Then
MsgBox "Restriction on FileSaveAs location!", vbCritical
Cancel = True
Exit Sub
End If

End Sub

there is no way to prevent someone from copying this file from th
explorer. this macro will only prevent saving it at another location o
another file from within excel.

mac

Custom Record Selector Controls that don't work like the built-in ones
Hello, I've created my on 'Previous' and "Next' controls for record selecting over Access's built-in record selectors.because I wanted to get rid of (hide) the selector bar at the bottom of my form. My controls work fine up until I add a new record (using a custom control for that too). Once I add a new record, my 'Previous' and 'Next' controls no longer toggle through the existing records that I have. If I use the built-in selectors I do not have this problem, as everything works fine. I figure its because my record source for this form is...

Why can't I type beyond the first line of WORD document?
After months of working normally, new document in Office WORD 2007 will not allow me to type beyond the first line. I must have accidentally hit some function key which has thrown off the template? I've tried rebooting. I'm able to type more than one line in WordPad, paste it into a new WORD document, and continue typing normally. How can I restore normal function? What happens when you get to the end of the first line and continue typing? Does it still happen in Word Safe Mode? From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in winword /a and press Enter. Word will open to a ...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Using a Check Box as a control item
I would like to use a check box to copy and paste from one sheet to another... only if the box is checked. On sheet two I will place all the check boxes in colume A, row 3.. if the box is checked I would like cells b,c,d,e in row 3 copied to another sheet in the document, but only if the box is check. Does anyone know how I would create this?? I do not have much excel experience.... yet! Thanks Dan Can I offer an alternative? Instead of using a checkbox, use the cell in column A and format it to show a check if there's something in that cell. Select column A (A2:A65536 if you hav...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Emailing Publisher documents with multiple pages....
I'm using Publisher 2003 for our department newsletter. Most of our agents do not have Publisher so I need to either email the newsletter as the body of the email or as an attachment they can open. I have figured out how to both put it in the body and save as another type of file however, the newsletter is 3 pages long and when I use either of these options, it only does the page selected not all three. Can you help me? Thank you so much! Use .pdf files. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

how to add textbox in protected document
when one of the sections in word file is protected, i am unable to insert text box in other sections. when protection is enabled, so many options are automatically disabled. textbox is one of the feature which is disabled when protection is enabled. how to add textbox in the sections which are not protected Protection imposes limitations. You can probably create a macro to perform the task, but for documents that require free editing, protected forms are rarely the answer. Investigate instead userforms, which together with docvariables are a simple way of gathering and inserti...

Increasing number of documents in recent document list
In Excel, as in most MS programs, you can click on File and see a list of recently opened documents for that program. Is there a way to increase the number of documents viewable in this history with a reg key or something? Tools>Options>general, and set the value in Recently used file list -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Ross Taylor" <ross@advancedshading.com> wrote in message news:5CAE4A8C-FB0A-4CC6-BC55-BD381CDBA004@microsoft.com... > In Excel, as in most MS programs, you can click on File and see a l...

Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Office 2004 for Mac?
Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office 2004? There is no such add-in, sorry. For the time being, you will need to use an application that can read ODF files, such as OpenOffice, NeoOffice, or even TextEdit (in Leopard), and save the files in a format that can be understood by Mac Office. On 19/11/2007 19:40, in article 4fd31d29-e4ff-4afb-ad53-548a84b2d56e@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "amador" <albertoribas30@gmail.com> wrote: > Where can I download an open-document format add-in for Mac Office > 2004? -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Off...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Can't edit my word document!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a new document, saved it. Went back to edit it and make changes and I can't. No curser even appears for me to select a word to change. I can add and remove text boxes, but nothing else. It's behaving like a PDF... but it's saved as a doc.x <br><br>Please help! Thanks! Answered elsewhere... Please stick to your original thread so we can keep track of things. On 7/04/10 11:02 AM, in article 59bb6991.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunmarin@officeformac.com" <sun...

Saved to invalid directory-is there a way to access the document?
Hi There I'm using Word 2007 and attempted to review an interview document only to find I had saved it to an 'invalid directory'. The document I need was saved to a document I had been reviewing previously so now the file name has both ..doc and .zip listed in the file name. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Do you know if it's possible to change the name of the file so I can access it? Any help you can provide would be appreciated more than you know. LaniesMom wrote: > Has anyone ever had this happen before? Do you know if it's possible to ...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

HELP trying to open Microsoft Works document from PC on a Mac
My daughter has been given a .wps document from the PC version of Microsoft Works. Does anyone know how to open and view this document on a Mac? I've tried Appleworks 6, Office 2004, OpenOffice, TextEdit. Thanks! The Microsoft Works format is slightly obsolete, as the Microsoft Works word processor has been gradually phased out over the years to be replaced by Microsoft Word. One solution would be to find a Windows PC with Microsoft Word on it, since Win Word has a .wps converter, if I remember correctly. Or better yet, you could ask the person who sent you the document to save it in...

Button control to run a macro?
I am sure there is some way of doing this, but the "Help" feature has the solution pretty well hidden . . . I am trying to create a spreadsheet with a button control that will "show all" lines once the user has finished using a line selected by using a filter. I know how to add a button, I know how to record a macro, I just can't figure out how to run the macro when the button control is clicked. Any Help? Thanks, Dick Prenovost Hi When you add a button from Forms toolbar into worksheet, you are asked for assigning the macro attached to this button. -- (When sen...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Better control of axis ranges
I would like to make x-y charts in Excel 2000 with dynamic source data. That is, the user can select what data set he wants to display. To do this, I need better control of how the axis limits are defined. This can be achieved in one of two ways: 1. Use numbers from cells to define xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax. 2. Define in some way how auto-scaling decides what the min and max values are (I often find that the data gets "scrunched" into a small portion of the plot area). Method 1 is preferred, but 2 may also work. I would prefer to do this without writing a VBA macro, if possib...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Problem Inserting new Column in DataGridView control
I have a DataGridView control on a form. The columns are pre-defined in design mode. I now need to insert a new column in the middle of the existing columns. I click on the right arrow in the upper right area of the control in design mode and the DatawGridView Tasks sub-window opens. I click on Edit Columns, add the new column, position it and click on OK. ALL COLUMNS DISAPPEAR!!! I undid the changes to recover the original form from source control and tried it a different way. I clicked on Add Column and added the column. But since a new column added in this manner is added to the ...

Lebans Transparent Image Control
Hello all- I am working with Mr. Lebans' Transparent database and it appears that the object becomes an embedded image in the database. To avoid database bloat, I have linked all other images and at run-time, link each one to a file from a local directory. I am wondering if it was possible to link to this transparent image rather then having it embedded in the form? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Regards, CF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 Your assumption is incorrect. The Transparent solution ...