Second window for second excel file

How to open second excel fine in seperate window
0
kvnmurthy (3)

Hi
goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Murthy wrote:
> How to open second excel fine in seperate window
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Excel file association error?
All, Running Excel 2000, if I navigate to a file using explorer, find the Excel file I want and double click on it, Excel appears to try to open each piece of the file name, returning an error then finally opening the file. Example: I have a file named "1st quarter results.xls" Excel will try to open a file name '1st', return an error, I click OK then it attempts to open a file named 'quarter', returns an error, I click OK, then it trys to a file named 'results' ... finally it opens the correct file. I've tried this ... Open any folder and go to Tools\Fol...

Windows Update Failure on KB979906
Hello Gurus, One of my Windows updates failed as follow: The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906) On the Windows Events Viewer I found: Under Application: ------------------------------------------ Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11729 Date: 29/06/2010 Time: 08:01:42 Description: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Configuration failed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/...

Can you print barcode labels using excel or word?
I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto Word / Excel You will need a barcode font - Google is your friend Lot easier to print labels in Word You can use mail merge to take the data from Excel For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource. 50 min MS tutorial http://office.microso...

Initialize Second Dialog
Hello: I have a dialog application that I've created, and I can initialize a combo box on this dialog box before it is shown. I also have a menu in this dialog. A selection from this menu opens another dialog box... CMyOtherDialog otherDiag; otherDiag.DoModal(); However, when I try to initialize a combo box in the otherDiag through the constructor, it doesn't work. I can add a button in otherDiag and once the user clicks it, it will populate the combo box, but the constructor doesn't do it. Any ideas? Saul775 "Saul775" <Saul775@discussions.microsof...

Windows update conflict with Outlook 2000?
(Running Windows 2000 Professional and Outlook 2000) I just performed a Windows update, rebooted my PC, and now Outlook 2000 opens VEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYY slowly (like 5 minutes!). I rebooted again - same thing. I rebooted AGAIN - same thing. I closed it, tried to reopen it - nothing. Tried that 3 more times - nothing. Opened Task Manager - found the process running 4 times and "killed" 'em all. Then tried it - it again took FOREVER to open. I did NOTHING between the Windows update and opening Outlook 2000. Any ideas as to what the deal is? ...

How to create a z chart in excel ?
Can anyone tell me how to create z chart in excel, if it is not possible in excel which application i should use to create z chart. urgent help needed. Hi, Care to explain what you mean by z chart? Cheers Andy Bilal wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to create z chart in excel, if it is not possible in > excel which application i should use to create z chart. urgent help needed. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info i am not sure if i can type in all explanation here but u can visit the following link and this explains it well. http://syque.com/quality_too...

Excel Freezing
All the tool bars, including File, freezes. you can select the cells, but you cant change any value nor do anything on it. Everything becomes ok after your minimise and restore the excel. Can anyone offer a solution to this or pinpoint the prob? Thanks~ Hi rekseah Reboot first and Start>Run Type: %temp% OK Clear all files in this Temp folder and also the sub folders Try again If this not help try this Do you have the same problem if you run Excel in Safe modus ? Try opening Excel without any Add-ins or hidden workbooks: Start>Run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office...

Windows Security Center/Antivirus Problem
For the past couple of days Windows Security Center has been sending pop-up alerts on my husband's computer saying that his Virus Protection is out of date. It is NOT out of date. The antivirus program (Ca antivirus) shows the last product update as today. A virus scan comes up clean. So does a spyware scan (Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes). Any ideas? sharonf wrote: > For the past couple of days Windows Security Center has been sending > pop-up alerts on my husband's computer saying that his Virus Protection > is out of date. It is NOT out of date. The antivirus pr...

Opening saved Excel files
When I open any saved Excel file the program will open a blank 'Book 1' and then open my pre-existing spreadsheet in a new window - how can I stop Excel opening a blank Book 1? I am using Office Pro 2003 and file share on my PC and wirelessly networked laptop - Excel opens files on both the PC where I save my docs and on the laptop in the same way. Ray If you are first opening Excel and then opening the desired workbook, creating Book1.xls is normal. If you're opening the workbook by using Windows Explorer and finding the .xls file and double-clicking to open it direct...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

I need a viewer for Publisher files.
Trying to find a viewer to open Publisher files which have been sent to me. Can anyone help me? Running Windows XP. found viewers for Microsoft Office products just not for Publisher. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...

convert number of seconds to date
I have an integer 1060128571 which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. The number evaluates to 6/08/2003 10:09:30 So my question is given the start date is always 1970 how do I calculate the end date e.g 6/08/2003 10:09:30. if I divide 1060128571/60/60/24 I can get the number of days etc. If anyone has an easy solutions,please send it on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Gordon, 1/1/1970 12:00 AM equates to 25569. Divide the number of seconds by 86400 (number of seconds in a day). Subtract that from 25569 and format the cell as m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. Ba...

Outlook 2003 and Windows CE synchronisation
I've just upgraded to Outlook 2003, and am still using my old Windows CE pocket PC (HP Jornada). I've noticed that periodically outlook now pops up to tell me that a "program" is trying to access my outlook address book and should I allow this. This is slightly annoying. Can anyone tell me if I've configured something wrong? Or if there is an answer to this? Or perhaps it's just me? TIA See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail add...

opening readable format for excel
I recently purchased a used Toshiba with Vista. The system works fine other than when downloading or opening an excel file either via e-mail or off a web page. Word will down load just fine. I use excel a lot and it works fine from scratch when I build a spread sheet. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Jim On 23 Mar 2010, =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEg=?= <Jim H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I recently purchased a used Toshiba with Vista. The system works > fine other than when downloading or opening an excel...

opening a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet saved on disk into excel 97
How can I convert or open a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet (from an older computer which is saved on a floppy disk) and save it into Excel 97 on a different computer? Thanks. ...

How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?
I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different x-axis. I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis, "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data "distorted" or "skewed". I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart or scatter chart??") > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary > next i...

Excel #88
how do u, without manually doing it, insert down a column in increments of 10. pls email me at donlb@hotmail.com Enter 10 in first row, 20 in second row, select both rows, grab th bottom right corner of the selection and drag down. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26549 D.L. Enter first number in top cell of column. Select range to fill. Or entire column. Edit>Fill>Series....

Can I add a borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the one in Excel 2.
Can I add the manual borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the boders toolbar in Excel 2003? Thanks brunscom@msn.com I don't use xl2003, but in earlier versions, I created my own toolbar: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|new... Then dragged a bunch of icons from the Commands Tab (Format Category) to that toolbar. There's a bunch! brunscom@msn.com wrote: > > Can I add the manual borders toolbar to Excel 2000 like the boders toolbar in > Excel 2003? Thanks brunscom@msn.com -- Dave Peterson Dave, Thank you for an innovative answer. I have Excel 2003 on my desjtop and Exc...

Windows Mail Error
Sorry if this has been asked before. When I try to open a previously read or unread email, all of a sudden I get the following message: "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred." Any help, please. Usually, that means that the message has been deleted or corrupted. Sometimes I've found messages like that in the Recovered Items folder. My experience... This same behavior occurred frequently when I closed/copied/moved messages within Quick View. Upon counsel of wiser more experienced folks, I rid myself of Quick Views and now I open (...

Running C# code in aspx file
The row below: <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label4" Text="<%# System.Math.Ceiling((double)(Container.TotalRowCount)/(double)Container.PageSize) %>" /> And it works fine, but I wonder, how to write similar code when I don't have code completion between <% %> tag ? Code above I've finished in .cs file, after I saw similar example, then I copied in a aspx file. On May 25, 2:34=A0pm, "Mario" <mzu...@vup.hr> wrote: > The row below: > > <asp:Label runat=3D"server" ID=3D"Label4&...

Changing the window size of a CFileDialog-derived class
I have a CFileDialog-derived class that sizes itself when displayed. My problem is that if I open a normal CFileDialog afterward in the same application, that normal CFileDialog has the same enlarged dimensions as my derived class. My hack is to override the CFileDialog::OnFileNameOK() function and reset my derived CFileDialog back to the original dimensions before the dialog is destroyed. Maybe there's a more elegant way, but this seemed the only way I could get it to work, that is when I display another "normal" CFileDialog later in the same app, the dialog dimensions are back...

Multiple PST Files #2

Adobe Reader for Windows XP64?
Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64? The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a viable way to ask. Thanks Bob AZ The 32-bit Adobe Reader version 9.3.0 will install and run on all x64 version of Windows. Also check out the information @ http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html On 2010-02-08 17:21, Bob AZ wrote: > Which version of Adobe Reader should I be using for Windows XP64? > > The Adobe site is not specific and there does not appear to be a > viable way to ask. > > Thanks &...

File type on Open document window
At this time the "Files of type:" default in Excel is "All Microsoft Excel Files. I would like to change the default to "Micorsoft Excel Files". The reason for this is that I only want Excel files opening not Excel files and Web files Thanks for the help. I think excel (office?) likes to help. It'll remember the last setting until you change it. You could "prime the pump" by building a macro to display just *.xls files, but I've found it easier to just type: *.xls as the filename and hit enter. Not quite what you wanted, but maybe good enough...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...