search work book in excel 97

how do i search a workbook in excel 97?
in excel xp i click the first sheet then shift click the last sheet to
select all the sheets, then click find, enter the info and it searches every
sheet in the book.
I have excel 97 at work and the same procedure only searches the first
sheet.
is there a different method. in 97
thanks for any help
steve

Hi
this is a change in the later Excel versions. Excel 97 does not support
this workbook search.But you may try Jan Karel Pieterse's FLEXFIND.XLA
from

http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Steve Goodrich wrote:
> how do i search a workbook in excel 97?
> in excel xp i click the first sheet then shift click the last sheet
> select all the sheets, then click find, enter the info and it
> searches every sheet in the book.
> I have excel 97 at work and the same procedure only searches the
first
> sheet.
> is there a different method. in 97
> thanks for any help
> steve

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/4/2004 7:28:14 PM
Hi Steve

> in excel xp i click the first sheet then shift click the last sheet to

You don't have to do that in Excel 2002-2003

In Excel 2002-2003, there is a "Within:" option in the Find/Replace dialog.
Workbook is one of the options

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steve Goodrich" <stevegoodrich@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:cerbhh$5q6$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> how do i search a workbook in excel 97?
> in excel xp i click the first sheet then shift click the last sheet to
> select all the sheets, then click find, enter the info and it searches every
> sheet in the book.
> I have excel 97 at work and the same procedure only searches the first
> sheet.
> is there a different method. in 97
> thanks for any help
> steve

0
rondebruin (3789)

Excel 2000
When I enter a simple formula i.e.3 + 3 the answer "6" should be displayed but the formula should still appear in the cell. However, the formula is being overridden with the answer 6. Another example, I want the sum of two cells (i.e. B3 + B4) to display in cell B5. I enter the formula into cell B5 and again the value of the two cells override the formula. The formula should remain and adjust with any new values entered into cells B3 or B4. Has anyone else had this problem? That is the way excel works, you can see the formula in the formula bar but the result will always be in...

running macros in excel
Does anyone know if I can run a macro automatically when I open the spreadsheet ? thanks. Call the macro Auto_Open, or add your code to the Workbook_Open event. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bobuk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fbb201c3f219$2e99ee50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if I can run a macro automatically when I > open the spreadsheet ? thanks. ...

Search & replace in formulae

Working with windows media player in access
I have added a Windows Media Player activex control in an MS Access form and I want to play a video file when I click on an command button. The file to be played is that of the content of a field on that form. For example, if field A contains the text c:\test video1.iso and I click the command button, then play video c:\test video1.iso. If this value changes to another vodeo file name, then play that file. I can't find how to set the URL of the windows media activex control to read a field on a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. On Jan 27, 9:10 am, TOMAC <TO.....

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

Can a set up a production chart in excel, there may be over run s.
I would like to set up a production chart in Excel, what formulas do I enter? The jobs could over run so this will alter the daily production sheets. I want to be able to alter one job run and then it will rearrange the following jobs. Can this be done and if so how do I do it? I am running mms office excel 2003. I hope some one out there can solve my problem, I do hope its possible too. I work for a printing company with no production sysytem at all!! What I would like to do is to set up a daily, weekly and monthly production sheet for jobs to be worked on. We have three departm...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search engine optimization

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Outlook 2003 multiple issues. Does this thing work?
Had Outlook 2002. Worked fine. Upgraded to Outlook 2003. Now all kinds of problems. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran updates, etc. still no help. Here are problems. 1. Crashed all the time with a ntdll.dll error 2. If I send in Rich Text or HTML format the messages arrive completely blank. 3. Cannot customize any view. The flag column is about the 5th column over and header status is the 1st. I have removed header status and moved flag about 2,000 times and they don't move or go anywhere. Seems they put customize view in there just to give you something to click on so they ...

Customize Outlook Today doesn't work #5
When using Outlook 2000, clicking on Customize Outlook Today doesn't work. I can click the button, but it doesn't take me anywhere. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:dfca01c3efdc$4ee01de0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Jac...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Excel 2003 #12
hi.. i have few questions here regarding Excel 2003. what kind of data can be collected by using excel, find the cost of the program, what kind of organization or how large the organization can use excel to benifit thier company. Look for some example of excel program that deal with communication process, such as data entry, track record, order form, generate collect information on product etc. can anyone there tell me all this please? its part of my big project. thanks. Big question! In short, to do all that, I would suggest looking at Access rather than Excel. I find Excel bett...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Excel dynamic calendar
I have created a dynamic calendar for my employees. each month is on a seperate worksheet with a tally worksheet at the end. It is based on fiscal year from Apr 1st to Mar 31. Any modifications are only applied on the April worksheet (the year) which is automated on all other months, this includes automatic changes for the days of the week, conditional formating for highlighting weekends, vacation days, training days etc. Year is in A1, Month in A2 I have two issues that I can't seem to resolve; 1 - on all given leap year, adding day 29 in the February worksheet. (having ...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

exporting reports to Excel
Is there any way to export our Great Plains reports to excel? TIA TRD Yes, there is a way. It's not pretty. It's not easy. It's a real pain. Print the reports to a delimited file and open up the file in Excel. You'll need to do maintenance on the report. Your best bet is to use SmartList/SmartList Builder, Crystal, SQL Reporting Services, or some other report writer than export to Excel. Or you can wait until v10. Version 10 will offer 75 SRS reports and 100 Excel-based reports, according to documentation I've seen. -- Charles Allen, MVP "TRD" wr...

Outlook stops working after loading outlook connector
After loading Outlook Connector to use Hotmail on Outlook 2003 my Outlook has stopped working with my exisitng mail service. I cannot use the "email accounts" item, it says the operation failed due to an installation or registry problem. Also it will not respond when I select send & receive. I have tried reinstalling outlook, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole office package (2003) with no success. So currently I have no way to use Outlook at all. Does anyone know what may be causing this? What exactly is the entire error message? That message is lik...

Excel Hangs
I have not been able find a solution any where for this problem. When in excel even a new work sheet, when I go to get external data.... New Database Query...... My excel hangs with no response. I'm running Office 2000 SP3 and Windows XP SP2 Does anyone have a solution to this? Linda Hi, Linda. Try this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda" <lindanormann@yshoo.com> wrote in message news:uDZUiYDyFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have not been able find a solution any where fo...