Search & replace in formulae

Is it possible to do a search and replace which includes
the cell formula contents ? I have a workbook that has
cells which link to the contents of a cell in another
workbook and I'd like to know if the naming has to remain
constant or if I can replace a part of the name
periodically. ie each year.

thanks
0
iain806 (2)

"Iain Rhodes" <iain@pricejam.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to do a search and replace which includes
> the cell formula contents ? I have a workbook that has
> cells which link to the contents of a cell in another
> workbook and I'd like to know if the naming has to remain
> constant or if I can replace a part of the name
> periodically. ie each year.
>
> thanks

In answer to the first part, yes you can search and replace on formalae.

In answer to the second part, as long as the links are valid (ie there's
something to link with), it shouldn't be a problem.

Ian

0
me1 (409)

Excel 2000
When I enter a simple formula i.e.3 + 3 the answer "6" should be displayed but the formula should still appear in the cell. However, the formula is being overridden with the answer 6. Another example, I want the sum of two cells (i.e. B3 + B4) to display in cell B5. I enter the formula into cell B5 and again the value of the two cells override the formula. The formula should remain and adjust with any new values entered into cells B3 or B4. Has anyone else had this problem? That is the way excel works, you can see the formula in the formula bar but the result will always be in...

Format dollars in formula
I have a formula like this ="TO COLLECT $"&SUM(G4:G999)-SUM(H4:H999) The results is this "TO COLLECT $60713.44" I want the dollar amount to look like this $60,713.44 Any Idea? One way: ="TO COLLECT " & TEXT(SUM(G4:G999)-SUM(H4:H9999),"$#,##0.00") In article <eqxW1U5pHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, "Jacob" <jacob.montreal@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a formula like this ="TO COLLECT $"&SUM(G4:G999)-SUM(H4:H999) > > The results is this ...

Formulas: Keeping same row/column reference when columns are inser
I'm trying to create a formula that will return the value of a cell based on its row and column position in the spreadsheet even if I insert another column. Example Formula in Cell C2 is: =A2+B2. I insert a new column A. This moves everything one column right and the formula in cell D2 is now: =B2+C2. What I'd like is a formula that references the row/column position in the spreadsheet repardless of if columns are inserted or deleted so that after inserting a new column A my formula is the value of the new information in A2 & B2. I'd like the formula that moved to D2 to...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Count formula?
I have some cells that i need to do a count on. I can do the count formla but i can not do a specific count. I have some cells and I only want it to do a count on the cells that has a number above 200. Can someone help? hi, use the countif formula. you can look it up in help. =countif("range",>200) Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I have some cells that i need to do a count on. >I can do the count formla but i can not do a specific count. > >I have some cells and I only want it to do a count on the cells that has a >number above 200. > >...

Search engine optimization

formulas #7
i have a spread sheet i use to calculate percentages and then take those to find a rolling average. here is an example of my problem: column "a" is the amount correct, column "b" is the amount wrong, column "c" is the perctage of "a & b", column "d" is the rolling average. a1=10, b1=1, c1=90%, d1=90%...a2=10, b2=2, c2=80%, d2=85% (the average of d1 and d2)...a3=0, b=0, c3=#div/0!, d3=#div/0!...a4=10, b4=3, c4=70%, d4=#div/0! what i need to do is make d3= d2's value and for d4 to average d1-d4 but skip any with a null or 0 value (ie....

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

How can I use dates in a formula?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to grab todays date in an excel formula, and subtract it from another date. <br><br>For example, our quarter ends on march 31, 2010. I want to figure out the number of days left in the quarter. What would even be cooler is to only factor in work days.........anyone know how to do this? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3349185821_330156 Content-type: text/plain; charset=&qu...

how to find and replace a symbol in my worksheet
I need help with finding and then replacing a symbol in my worksheet. In the find and replace box there is no way to insert a symbol there. I have tried to cut and paste as well as to insert the symbol in the find box. If anyone has an idea on how to replace a bullet with a comma please let me know. Thanks TC TC In the Replace What: box you would hold down the ALT key then hit the ascii code number on the NumPad. Bullets are usually ALT + 0149 So.........select the cells. Edit>Replace what: ALT + 0149 you will not see anything in the what: box, but it is there. with: , Replace...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Formula for Capital Letters
I am working on a Validation List In cell D13, I want user to key in only letters A, B, C, D, or E and all should be in CAPITAL LETTERS. I use the formula below in =(EXACT(D13,UPPER(D13))) I got the Capital Letter part, but other letters can still be keyed in other than A-E. Please advise me, thank you. One way: =AND(CODE(D13)>=65, CODE(D13)<=69) In article <442a7d90$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, "Zainuddin Zakaria" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote: > I am working on a Validation List > > In cell D13, I want user to key in only letters A, B, C, D, or E and ...

Printing formulas #3
I have 5 work sheets in a BOOK,each sheet a2:m30, every cell contains formula.Iwould like to keep a hard copy of these formulas I have used.In Tools>options>view tab I have checked formulas,but these formulas wrap each other by which I can't print these formulas.Is there any way to print all these formulas at one go. You could just dump them all to a new worksheet and print that Sub PrintFormulas() Dim cell As Range Dim sh As Worksheet Dim i As Long On Error Resume Next Set sh = Worksheets("Formulas") On Error GoTo 0 If sh Is Nothing Then Set ...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

excel formula 04-11-10
Does anyone know how to create a cell that will calculate whether the number in the orginal cell is above or below 40. If above 40 it will calculate at $69.00 for anything over if below it will calculate at $46.00. Thanks in advance Try this =IF(A1>40,"$69.00","$46.00") Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ You account for anything less than 40 and anything greater than 40 but what if the value IS 40? I'll assume you want: Less than or equal to 40 = 46 Greater than 40 = 69 =IF(COUNT(A1),IF(A1>40,69,46),"") -- ...