Search / Modify / Delete . . .

In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address
and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr�
form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t
�Sheet1� (for storage).

How can implement a search for a record and return the result t
�sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas
(�sheet1�).

Thanking you in advance

--
Fabl

Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26274

Maybe you could just use the data in Sheet1 and use Data|Form.

If you find it not quite useful enough, John Walkenbach has an enhanced version
at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm
that you may want to try.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Disable Adding or Deleting Rows and Columns
Is there a way to disable a user from adding or deleting rows and columns but still be able to enter information and run macros? You can put a value in cell IV65536 to prevent the user from adding rows or columns. Deleting would require some VBA. MVP John Walkenbach has some here using "undo": http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable a user from adding or deleting rows and columns but >still be able to enter information and run macros? >. > ...

deleting messages in M drive
Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? Thanks, Mario general consensus is to not touch the M:\ drive - pretend it does not exist...don't virusscan it, don't back it up, do not touch it... "Mario Santonastaso" <santonm@campbellhall.org> wrote in message news:vtn7a0tu88fl61lj2h8nivkujr5sct1cim@4ax.com... > Has anyone tried to delete messages from the M drive? Is this a good > way to go to clean out spam or other unwanted messages? > Thanks, > Mario Susan is right. The...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

deleting a form
How do you delete a form from the organizational forms lib? Use Outlook, and go to Tools / Options / Other / Advanced Options / Custom Forms / Manage Forms -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "scavngr" <aaa@winn-dixie.com> wrote in message news:020b01c3c9a2$e7485cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you delete a form from the organizational forms lib? ...

Search engine optimization

DoCmd to delete records
Hi I have a command button that when clicked deletes certain records from a subform based on an application number being equal. It deletes all records with the same applciation number as currently shown on the main form, see code below: DoCmd.RunSQL ("DELETE FROM tblAdultDetails WHERE [frmAdultDetails2].Form![ApplicationNum]=" + Str(Me.ApplicationNumber)) However I would like it to only delete records if the fields [MainApplicantFlag] =1 or [PartnerFlag] =1 as well as ApplicationNum being equal. These are both number fields btw. Can someone tell me what I should add to my code in...

Best way to delete e-mails
Imagine user has mailbox at 230MB. User wants to delete all e-mails. She uses webmail only (she works remotely, no Outlook applications installed). What is the best way to delete her e-mails? As far as I can tell Outlook webmail makes people highlight maximum of 14 items and hit the delete button. Should I just delete her mailbox in Exchange and recreate it ? you could use exmerge in "archive" mode to empty it out... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Marlon Brown" <MarlonBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eD5cwjXSHHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

CTreeCtrl and deleting items
Hi, I am having troubles with the CTreeCtrl class. Here is what I do (tested under VC 6, VC .Net 2002 and 2003) : 1. Wizard -> new dialog 2. Add a tree control & add variable for that control (m_ctrlTree) 3. Add a new button and implement the event corresponding to a click on that button with that code : m_ctrlTree.InsertItem( "An item" ); m_ctrlTree.DeleteAllItems(); m_ctrlTree.InsertItem( "Another item" ); With VC 6 everything is well, I see "Another item" in my tree control. However, with VS .Net 2002 and 2003 nothing ap...

Retrieving delete email
How do I retrieve a deleted email after the window of time has passed that the email is still able to be restored through Tools->Recover deleted item? I am trying to recover an email that was SENT from my email address about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for all your help ...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

How do I delete an entire document in excel 2007?
Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing. Same way you delete any file. Close the file. Select the file through any means you wish. Right-click and "delete". Answer "Yes" and off it goes to recycle bin for your disposal. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, meghan <meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not cells,rows,columns,sheets, the entire document, delete the entire thing. You can do it with a macro using KILL -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Soft...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

recover a deleted folder in outlook express
I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook express. Is there a way to recover those? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted email folders in outlook > express. Is there a way to recover those? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

[delete everything between]
Hello from Steved I would like to replace [what ever is between the bracket] and including the bracket leaving nothing. It is placed in a formula hence the reason to delete the brackets and what is between the brackets. Yes I copied the formula from another worksheet, and the brackets and in between refers back to that worksheet. Thankyou for your time ps is it possible to copy a formula from one sheet to another. Hi, Select your cells containing the formulas then go to Edit/Find, in the "find what" box type and leave the "replace with" box empty, hit "Repl...

Modifying SOP Blank History Invoice to look like SOP Blank Invoice
I have spent a significant amount of time modifying the SOP Blank Invoice and the client has requested similar changes to the SOP Blank History Invoice. I know the tables the reports are referencing are different but is there a way to make the modifications without starting from scratch? Thanks. Zack, Not uncommon at all! Go to the Customizations Maintenance windows (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Customize > Customization Maitenance), highlight and export your SOP Blank Invoice report to a package file. Open the package file with Notepad and make the necessary edits and import...

Can't delete a page break
Hello, A user send me a excel sheet about 230 pages soft copy, at page 74 there is a page break and I can’t take it out or move. This page break is in the middle of page and when I look in to page break view from preview I can see that line but it is showing as one page, but when we print that page it is printing in 2 different pages. We are using office XP (2002) with SP 3. Any idea how I can delete this specific page break, I have tried highlighting that specific page and deleted the page back but it just deleted the page break from top and bottom not the middle which is just stuck t...