Search engine optimization

 Hello all!

 My question today regarding this issue is: I have noticed some sites have
the following on their sites "Source".

meta name= "robots" content="Index, follow"
meta name= "revisit-after" content="15 days" or (30 days)

What does this function accomplish as far as search engines go? and will it
really imporve your results ( rankings) Like for instance "robots" "index,
all" what is the difference between this and saying "robots" "index, follow"

I'm a bit confused about this. Can someone help?

Thanks,

Henry Contreras

Hi
this is probably the wrong newsgroup for this kind of question :-))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Henry Contreras" <HenryContreras@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:6893A57A-6344-4E32-9E4D-22310A60DE63@microsoft.com...
> Hello all!
>
>  My question today regarding this issue is: I have noticed some sites
have
> the following on their sites "Source".
>
> meta name= "robots" content="Index, follow"
> meta name= "revisit-after" content="15 days" or (30 days)
>
> What does this function accomplish as far as search engines go? and
will it
> really imporve your results ( rankings) Like for instance "robots"
> all" what is the difference between this and saying "robots" "index,
follow"

> I'm a bit confused about this. Can someone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry Contreras

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Addon search
I am searching for an addon to do the following. I figured there's somebody out there maybe doing this and somebody on this group might have worked with something like this already. A prospective customer of ours sells linear based inventory. The stock it by the foot. Their current system (which is no longer being supported) has the following feature. The "order taker" can type in number of pieces OR feet OR inches and the system calculates the quantity in feet or fraction of a foot. Is there an addon out there that does the above scenario? They do not want to have t...

Capture search term
Suppose somebody searches for "hello world" in a search engine and my site is in the search results. They click my site. How do I determine that "hello world" was the search term they used to get to my site? -- Everything I do is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. (W.C. Fields) ...

Search Freezes
I posted a similar question before and now I am updating it. Windows XP SP3; Internet Explorer 8 When I make a search from Start > Search it list a number of files but half way freezes. I have to shut it donw in the Task Manager. If I right click the drive ans Search I get a higher number of files and ends normally. I now found out that when I go Start > Search, select Document and enter what I am searching for it will freeze. But if I click on Use Advanced Search Option ( which it already has a red tick on it) and without changing any of the parameter, search will be com...

Searching from one list in another
I have a workbook which has one tab (�Shortlist�) with about 150 rows of data, and a tab (�Longlist�) with about 20,000 rows of data. I need to be able to select a column in Shortlist and a column in Longlist (which I would do manually), then do the following: - for each row in the Longlist column, - compare the cell in Longlist with the whole column in Shortlist, - if the cell in Longlist does NOT match any cell in the corresponding column in Shortlist, hide the row in Longlist, - go down to the next row. I am using XL2000 in XP, and I have managed to produce this so far, a...

Searching in a column of strings
Hi I try to find how many cells have a sequence of charcters. From Cell A1:A50. Exemple for "NY" : cellA1 = NY123 cellA2 = NY3235 cellA3 = NY5434 cellA4 = LA4234 function(NY) = 3 Like Seach but instead to be in a single cell, it's in a sequence of cell? Thanks Jack Jack =COUNTIF($A:$A,"*NY*") Regards Trevor "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:348501c3fd71$700c6c60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi > > I try to find how many cells have a sequence of > charcters. From Cell A1:A50. > > Exe...

Please help! Multifile search...
First off, please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else. I looked but could not quite get anything to work for my issue. I have 2 .xls files. The first file is an order list, and contains the item name in colum c, and the quantity in column d. There are multiple listings of eac item in this file. EXAMPLE: Column C Columd D wireset 8 monitor 2 keyboard 1 wireset 4 CPU 1 What I meed to do is figure out how to do a search for "wireset" an get...

Help with query searching within a string
I want to enter data character by character into a combo box and search the field for matching records. Ex: if I type in "a" any records containing the letter a anywhwere in the string. If I then type "h" the list will be reduced to any records containing "ah" within the string. etc etc. I assume this will go in the criteria box under the field I am searching. Is this possible? Thanks Brad Brad "within the string" is different than "starts with". A combobox can use the AutoComplete property to help you find a row that "starts...

Is Multi-Sequence Search Selection Macro Possible?
Hi: This is the first time I am posting to this newsgroup and if it is not the right place for my question, please point me to the correct newsgroup. If I have three columns with a multiple sequences of numbers, separated by empty cells, is it programmatically possible to have a macro to select a specific pattern in the three columns that meet the following conditions: For example using columns R, S and T. In column S, find a vertical sequence of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, that is followed by a vertical sequence of 1 through 13, directly to the left of column S, the next row down in column R, ...

Still searching for an answer to bibliography problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw an earlier post about a user seeing Uxbek characters &quot;&amp;#1081;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1083;&quot; in their Word bibliography. I didn't see an appropriate solution posted and the thread is no longer active, so I'm trying it again... <br><br>I use the Word bibliography feature to insert the references I make to various documents in academic papers (APA style). I frequently collaborate with fellow students, sharing Word files and merging them to produce a group project...

Showing Search Criteria
Hello, I don't know if this is a easy task or a Hard Task. But I Have a Query That Filters Out a Search Via a Date Field Which A User in a dialog (which has to unbound text boxes) types 2 Dates, and the query then lists all The Projects Between those Dates. That Works Great, And Ive Created a Report That Shows Those Searched Results, What I Would Like Is on the Report To Be able to Show The 2 Dates The User Searched Between, so When any one is viewing the report they know that the projects are only between those dates? Can This Be Done? Regards Dan Simply refer to the criteria...

Engine and Caboose
I use to use and Engine and Caboose set-up that rolled into a consolidated or summary page. It has been a very long time since I didi this and I cannot remeber the exact formula. Help! Thanks! Kurtis ...

Email Search Help Please
I am using Outlook 2002 with Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000) Recently, I have deleted existing profiles in Outlook on all workstations and created new ones. The only other thing I did is created new POP3 Connector accounts in Exchange 2000 Here is my problem. Before I did what I described above, when I performed searches in Outlook, the search results would appear how I wanted them, in descending order of dates, newest first and so on. Now however, the search is displaying the oldest emails first and the newest ones come up last. Since archiving takes care of the older emails, I ...

Search actual Formula for cell ref?
Other than using Find from the Edit menu, is there any way of (using formula) searching another formula for a certain cell reference? Let's say I have a single column (B) of 100 similar formulas. I want to check that none of the formulas contain a reference to column H, so want a formula I can enter in the adjacent cell to flag if it does, i.e. = IF (columnB_formula_contains_a_ref_to_column_H, "Y","") I've been using Edit-Find to look for !H in the formulas but want to do it using functions as can see some useful applications of the technique (if it exist...

how do i search for a specific name in an excel file
i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it possible to search for a specific name somehow without scrolling up and down the list repeatedly looking for it? Hit CTRL+F to open the find window, and in Look in: select Values. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496546 Did you try Edit > Find ? "cljenkins" wrote: > i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it...

Manufacturing Engineering Change Management
I have been adding Items to an ECN using the Items Affected by change window. These items do not seem to generate warnings when ECN is updating nor appear in Item History window for ECN's. Is this expected behavior? ...

Search Forms
I have a switchboard and a main client form. On the main client form I used the combo box wizard to create a searching combo box-the user selects the client name from the box and is taken to the first match (no filter, uses the FindFind method). I also have another combo box on my switch board as a shortcut. The user can select the client's name from that list and go directly to the client page with the matching last name. That combo is using a filtering method which is causing an error that forces the entire access program to quit. I'm think that if I can search without usi...

Search Program
The Microsoft Search program is killing us. I need to know where I can purchase a product that will search the contents of files. I have over 2,500 pages on out district's Web Site and it is impossibe to remember where I use 192 different field names. Most of my stuff is asp.net Thanks in Advance John Quinn wrote: > The Microsoft Search program is killing us. I need to know where I can > purchase a product that will search the contents of files. > > I have over 2,500 pages on out district's Web Site and it is impossibe to > remember where I use 192...

Lookup / Search Address from Contact Form
It would be useful if, when creating or editing a contact that has a parent record, you could select one of the addresses that is linked to the parent record as the main address for this contact. Ideally it wouldn't default to the main address of the parent, but instead give an option of which address to link to when creating a contact that is linked to an account. This would be similar functionality to that which is found in the quotes/orders area. -- Kev ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To ...

How do I search for disbursments template
I would like to set up A/P and A/R. Are there templates for thest. Start by entering Excel templates into your preferred browser/search engine. Zillions of hits to filter through. One way to filter things down would be by starting at this page; http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx By typing in 'accounts payable' on that page I ended up here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=accounts+payable&av=TPL000 Hope this helps some. "Rita" wrote: > I would like to set up A/P and A/R. Are there templates for thest. &qu...

Search problem in Outlook 2002
I have a user who cannot "find" an email later than a certain date (3/21/06) using the find function in Outlook. This error applies to sent items, deleted items, and inbox. But the search does work if Advanced Options are used. I've confirmed that there is no filter applied in any of those folders. I've also logged on as that user and run searches using the sender's name, text from the subject, and text from the body of an email that is recent. Nothing works directly from the find screen: every email shown is 3/21/06 or earlier, despite the fact that there are dozen...

Instant Search?
How do I make sure I have instant search installed, and if I do, how do I enable it? I can't figure that out from the "help" stuff that comes with Outlook. Thanks. Candy Which OS are you using? It is in Vista, needs installed on XP. Do you see a yellow infobar near the search box? If not, I think its already installed - check in Control panel, add/remove programs. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/default.mspx -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outloo...

Search and populate or add new record
I have a form that will primarily be used as a data entry form for new orders. Only occasionally will an order need to be modified. I want the form to open up as if entering a new record. After they enter the order number and move onto the next data entry box, I would like the form to populate the fields with the data of the order should the order exist, else continue entering data as a new record. Problem is, I would like to limit access to the order data they are currently using, i.e the order number they enter (I have my reasons, trust me) and not be able to easily see additional orders f...

I am searching for DSEXPORT.EXE und DSIMPORT.EXE
can anyone help me? i need this tools for a EX5.5 / EX2003 migration! please send it to sshoxx "at" googlemail.com thanks a lot! dsexport should be on your 5.5 server...if you go to the Exchange Admin program, do you not see the command under "tools", I think it is? "Thomas Eberhard" <sshoxx@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ePosxQb8FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > can anyone help me? i need this tools for a EX5.5 / EX2003 migration! > > please send it to sshoxx "at" googlemail.com > > thanks a lot! > > > ...

** MSN BETA SEARCH ENGINE **
http://sexyhosting.info/search/search.pl - Mikroesoft continually stives to give you better search check out our new and improved beta search and let us know what you think! ...

'search in' and 'find in' search boxes on desktop after closing ou
After shutting down outlook, the grey 'look for: ', 'search in: ' and 'find now' remain on the top left corner of the desktop. What's the best remedy. Outlook 2002 sp3 ...