Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?

In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are
separated by spaces.  I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers.

The logic statements do not seem to work.

How do I do this?
0
Rosiest (1)

If Cell has x then 10 other cells get automatically filled
We have a form made in Excel that we want to have automatically filled in. We have a drop down box in Cell A1 with 5 selections. If we select choice 2 from the drop downs we want to automatically pull a set of data from another worksheet and populate 10 different cells in the form with the data pulled in. If we select choice 5 from the drop downs we want to automatically pull a set of data from another worksheet and populate 10 different cells in the form with the data pulled in. Hi Hardcourter, On sheet 2 of the workbook, A1:A5 holds the same list as the drop down list on sheet ...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...

How to response to the event of dynamically-created and indefinite-number control
I need to dynamically create controls according to the input of user, and reponse to user's operation on these control. For example, when user input 10, I need to create 10 checkbox and reponse to the click event of these checkbox. As far as I know, if the number of control is definite or determined, I can use ordinary message map to satisfy this requirement. But in my project, the number depends on the input of user, and I can not associate a ID with a event I have tried to reponse to the WM_LBUTTONUP message in pretranslatemessage, but to my disgust, when user press the mouse button insi...

Copying different sized cell width & height onto another worksheet
My problem is i have made a worksheet for work to enter data for testin we perform, but on this worksheet i need to copy a graph from anothe worksheet. Problem is the graph worksheet cell widths are vey smal like 1.29 (38 cells) and height is 3.75 (93 cells), now if i copy the onto the other worksheet it will resize the cells to that worksheet and the graph will be huge like over 5 pages, and if i manually resiz the cells back to 1.29 you will be able to see the graph but wont b able to read the data, as the cell width is way to small. Is there way to copy a selection from a worksheet to ano...

Linking cells in a worksheet to other worksheets in a workbook
I'd like to be able to link a cell in one worksheet to another worksheet, so that when I click on the cell in the first worksheet, the other worksheet opens up. I have a spreadsheet where the first page (worksheet) has a listing of items contained in other tabs (worksheets). I'd like to be able to click on the first worksheet "index" and have the appropriate worksheet pop open with the contents of the index. Thanks for your responses! (In Excel 2003) Select a cell to which you would like to add a link. Select Insert->Hyperlink. Click the "Place in this doc...

Serial number notes
We would like to have Serial Number level notes to track particular issues with that item/serial number such as warranty support issues, part replacement and warranty registration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

Searching for Newsgroups

Creating more than 1 line in a cell
Is there any way to create more than one line in a cell? You cannot use the RETURN or TAB keys since they take you to another cell. I tried using three cells and then merging into one, but then it only keeps the information form the uppermost cell and then deletes the data in the other two cells. Text-wrapping doesn't work because if the word(s) on the top line is long enough, then I have to add several spaces before it will be forced to go down to a second line. I've tried Excel Help, but it goes to autoformat and none of the formats are the ones that I want. Thank...

Search & replace in formulae

Cell formatting showing thousands!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Cant figure this out, trying to format cells to show thousand (rounded). The number 12800 should be viewd as 13. The help suggested the format #. but that just delivered 12800. (dot). In article <59bb32b5.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, frejafridolin@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Cant figure this out, trying to format cells to show thousand (rounded). The > number 12800 should be viewd as 13. The ...

unselect nonadjacent cell
Once I select nonadjacent cells (using ctrl) how can I unselect just one cell without starting over? Hi Dee AFAIK it can't be done :( but i will be watching this post to see if someone can come up with a way as its something that bugs me too! Cheers JulieD "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E508844-0D09-495C-B125-C4A67BD14B14@microsoft.com... > Once I select nonadjacent cells (using ctrl) how can I unselect just one > cell > without starting over? Dee and Julie Cannot be done without using VBA. Chip Pearson wrote some code f...

Search engine optimization

count the occurence of number in a column
hi, may i ask: how do i count the occurence of a number in a column? an example: 1 5 8 1 3 4 1 5 1 occurence of 1 = 4 occurence of 3 = 1 occurence of 4 = 1 occurence of 5 = 2 occurence of 8 = 1 what would be the formula for that in excel, please? i have no clue at all. i tried google and it came up with something but i could not really find the answer to my question. tks, l. Hi =COUNTIF(A:A,1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Laura" <no@spam.pls> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bzSbd.279333$vf1.14290064@phobos.telenet-ops.be... > hi, > may i ask: how do ...

Change cell colour if.....
Looking to have certain cells that are unlocked, to change to yellow background - Else, stay or change to standard white background. To check / apply to complete work area of worksheet. This should allow me to run macro whenever I want, in the event that cell locking or unlocking was changed. Assuming this would be a macro, I would set this up to to operate from a button on my custom personal macro toolbar. John F. Scholten Hi why don't you check in a macro directly the locked state of the cells? or even unprotect the sheet before executing the code? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

copying a cell for output-only format changes...??
I want to change the format of date data for writing out to a file, without changing the original data. How can I create a temporary copy of the current cell to do this? I have tried a couple of things but they always reference the original cell. I have a workaround, which is to save the original format, change to new format, write out date, then change back to saved format. There must be a cleaner way, but I have already floundered enough. Can someone help me? I am new to VBA (obviously...) Thanks! ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Busines...

Sorting numbers acts like text sort
We have a worksheet (Excel 2000) that was e-mailed to us. When we open it, it says there are macros, which there aren't. No matter if we say "Disable" or "Enable" macros, all cells are formatted to "General", and when sorting, the numbers 10000, 7102, 1169 sort as: 10000, 1169, 7102. We can try to format as number, but to no avail. Sorting still isn't right. Have seen this many times before, but don't know how to resolve. Can you help? Thanks. Never mind. Sorry to waste your time. Saw two suggestions below on this page. Missed them the first ...

Maximum number of data points
Hello, I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point limit. Thank you Harish Kukreja Hi AFAIK: no -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Zero" <Zero@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:63C8D5A1-8085-4552-8F8A-DC3E8589C799@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I'm wondering if there are any downloads to increase the maximum number of > data points for Scatter plots in Excel. I'm restricted by the 32000 point > limit. > &g...

excel VBA

How can I reference a cell using a variable?
How can I reference a cell using a variable? Example: Sub Help() For x = 3 To 7 For y = 5 To 9 Range(x, y).Select 'THIS LINE DOES NOT WORK. WHAT IS THE PROPER SYNTAX? ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = x + y Next y Next x End Sub Hi You use Cells(r,c) Range expect a column label like Range("A" & y) No need to select the cell to put a value or formula in it, see below. As you are just putting a value in the cell I would use: Cells(y,x).Value=x+y Sub Help() For x = 3 To 7 For y = 5 To 9 Cells(y, x...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Click cell to print?
Is it possible to have something in the corner of every page break (being71 rows a 8 columns) that if clicking it will print down 71 rows a 8 columns Something that wont print out either! -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Hi Write a procedure/macro, which will print wanted range relatively to cell reference parameter Insert command buttons from Forms toolbar into worksheet (one for every page break), and attach the procedure to them (with different cell reference as parameter for every call) -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets...