scrolling text

is it possible to have scrolling text going across a
spreadsheet like a screensaver until a button is pressed
(or a short key)?
please help
thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

I thought that was a "given" with any mouse that had a wheel.

Depress the wheel and see if you don't get a .four directional arrow icon.
Move the mouse in the direction you wish to scroll.
--

HTH,

RD

"ash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
is it possible to have scrolling text going across a
spreadsheet like a screensaver until a button is pressed
(or a short key)?
please help
thank you

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Help needed
hi all, new to the forums as i need help! running excel 2000 under advanced server 2000 (intel p4 2ghz hp compa evo pc) and having a problem with the text import wizard ; trying to import a fixed column text report with three number column that include negative values in the format 320.06- problem is that they have to be imported as general type as there is n number option in the import wizard which then means that excel appear to treat the negative sign as text pushing the cell justification ove to the left and if i try to create a cell which displays the sum o these three negative values...

Scrolling with CScrollView
Hi everyone, Let me start by saying that I'm rather new to scrolling. I have come accross the following problem. I created a new SDI MFC application that uses CScrollView with Visual Studio .NET 2003. Then I have increased the size in CScrollView::OnInitialUpdate() to 1000 by 1000. Finally I have added the following code in CScrollView::OnDraw(), // TODO: add draw code for native data here CRect rect; GetClientRect (&rect); CString str_scroll; str_scroll.Format(_T(" x = %i y = %i "), GetScrollPosition().x, GetScrollPosition().y); pDC->DrawText(str_scroll, -1, &...

Leading zeros with text
Hi, I need to figure out how to format my text to include a set character length for each field in a column. Additionally, if the text does not meet the maximum length for the field, then I need leading zeros to make up the difference beteen the number of characters in the text and the maximum allowed for the field. i.e. if I have a name such as Gray in the field and the field needs to be exactly 13 characters then I need it to be 000000000Gray. Hi AFAIK this is not possible with formats. You either need a helper cell or VBA (an event procedure). For a formula solutuion with a helper ...

Lining up columns of text
I'm finishing up my book and I have a huge problem. I am using two columns throughout my book, Line spacing 1.25 between lines, 3 after paragraphs, Times New Roman 12pt and numerous photos. The text in my two columns is not lining up left to right. So say, the text in the left column is slightly higher than text in the right column. My publisher says this has to be fixed, and now I'm wondering if I might have to rework this in another program. Help! Thanks, Tim MountainMan <MountainMan@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > The text in my two c...

formula OR text
1. Why does a formula SOMETIMES act as a formula and in other work book/sheet act as text? ie will produce "Joe Bloggs" if A3="Joe" and A2="Bloggs" but in another worksheet will remain "=CONCATENATE(A3," ",A2)" 2. How do I lookup a column of text which are a result of formula? eg. =VLOOKUP(A2,NAMES,2) where A2="Joe Bloggs" and NAMES=Array of results of formula "=CONCATENATE(A3," ",A2)". Currently produces "N/A" even though I KNOW that Names contains "Joe Bloggs". Any help with this would be gre...

Find Text and Insert Row Above
I lost my train of thought and now I’m stuck. I’m trying to figure out a way to insert rows dynamically. The logic is to look for this text: ‘Enter non-listed privately held securities or groups of assets by asset class.’ Then I need to go up to find the first cell ABOVE that contains this text 'CUSIP', then offset (1,0) . . . ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert AND copy the format from the row above. I have CUSIP in ColA with DataValidation on this cell. I want to copy that format down 1 row and I have a few other cells to the right, with other formatting, all on the same r...

Scrolling sync subforms
Hi all I have a continuous subform which shows all claim details, that have Part(s) against them. The claims are a one to many with the Parts. I wanted to show a count on the form of parts against each claim. If I add a count to the recordsource query then I lose the ability to edit the data in the subform. I need to do this to add a Selector code if the user wants to mark the claim as a selection. Instead I have created another continuous subform, this has just the claim ref and the count of parts. Each form has the same sort order and a vertical scroll bar - is it possibl...

Inserting a new text box into a report
Hi, I looked through your forums and didn't see this question answered. Forgive me if it is already there and I couldn't find it. I have a report that I want to add a new text box to. When I create a form there is no problem choosing the different control sources of data that I want to put into the text boxes on the report. However, once I have created the report I can't seem to go back and make the data come through correctly if I am adding a new text box. Example: I want to add a text box that is pulling through data from a field named "Duty" in a table named "...

Merging Columns of Text
I have 3 columns of text (address info) that I need to merge into only one column. I have over 400 rows that need the same columns merged. Is there any easy way to do this without entering a formula for each cell? Buddy If I understand correctly, we'll say the data is in A1, B1 and C1. In D1 enter =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 and drag the 'fill handle' down the 400 rows. (Note: There is a space between each double quote) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Buddy" <B...

Sorting data that has both text & numbers.
I have a spreadsheet that has a column that contains both text and numbers. ex 1, 100, 101, 100A, 111B, 1251 etc. How do I get this to sort where the alpha letter that follows the # is in # sequence? 100, 100A, 101, 101A etc. The #'s containing the alpha letters sort at the end. I have tried formatting the cell, general, number and text and I'm still having problems. Hi, You will have to insert a column and separate the text from the number then sort. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet that has a column that contains both text and numbers. >...

Publisher
I have prepare a publisher flyer which I will be sending out in a group e-mail. The view of the flyer shows the text boxes as well as the text. How can I delete the text boxes only and not the text. This is the first time I am using publisher. The text box boundary will not print unless you have put a border around it. Have you looked at print preview? Go to view, clear boundaries and guides, you will see how the flyer will look when printed. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ladybug" <Ladybug@disc...

If condition with text
I need a formula for the following condition: If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0 This is the formula I tried to used but is not working =IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=""),0,1) Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the following condition: If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if ( Cell A ) equals 0 then nothing happens. I’m very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks, =IF(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",1, if(LEFT(O2,5)="P...

Scroll-me-down
Hi there, I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, replace for adding text to the end of my rich edit box. However, I have yet to figure out a definative way of making it scroll down as far as needed (bottom of page if page length is greater than height), it sometimes works, if the cursor position is right at the very end of the text when the text is added programatically, but I need a way for when it is not. Could anyone give me any tips? - MR Mark Randall wrote: > Hi there, > > I am using RichEditCtrl and all the associated select, format, repla...

scroll bar gone
hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the category the scroll bar is gone and it only shows me the categories that fit in that window. if i go into split and select the categories from within there the scroll bar is there. Does anyone see this problem or have a fix for it. Thanks, minnoce944 In that nobody else has M05, it would be hard to comment. "Mike I" <minnoce944@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u9aY7B1fEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi have money 2005 premium and in my checkbook area where you pick the > category the scroll b...

Strips text in Emails from Israel
I've just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. All the Emails from a contact in Israel saved in old folders were stripped of all text, and every new mail I now get from a contact in Israel are stripped of text?? The email arrives ... but no text content. The header and sender field is OK???? Any suggestions. ...

SharePoint Scroll Bar
I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wondering how to disable the Scroll Bar in a content query web part. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JQuery and partial views in an ASP.NET MVC application http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8081c04-776d-4322-b403-84508b0ae3b5/jquery-and-partial-views.aspx Try to overwrite it with CSS overflow:hidden Regards, Shady Khorshed - SharePoint MVP <Daniel Arnold> wrote in message news:201015121218daniel.arnold@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk... > I'm quite new to SharePoint and I was wond...

Vertical Scroll Bar #2
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with this... sometimes when i have a lot of data running down my spreadsheet the vertical scroll bar block becomes very small to accomodate the amount of data i have. but then when i get rid of a lot of the data the length of the vertical scroll bar block stays very small despite me only having say 50 rows of data. what i would like to know is whether there is a way to make the vertical scroll bar block come back to bigger, so it's easier to grab than when it is very tiny??? Thanks Nick Nick Select the first blank row below your data, say...

Excel sheet: scroll down, but leave first lines visible
Hi all Have to solve a problem fast: Excel sheet has in the first 4 lines text that i want to have visible at all times ( fix on top ) even when i scroll down on the sheet...... How can i do it. Thanks for your help either here in the NG or to: wette-2(at)ballonfahrer(dot)ch Hans Select the Row under the last one that you want to remain visible and the select Window > Freeze Panes If you want the first 4 line to also print on every page then select File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to Repeat at top enter 1:4 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and ...

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

Graph with too many points
Hi all, I have a graph with a lot of points, so I wanted to create some kind of horizontal scroll bar so I would be able to use a better scale and move around my time line ? Has anyone of you done something like that ? thx -- giselle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ giselle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24222 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378389 Hi, Jon Peltier has written an article on the subject. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Scroll the screen view with the scroll bar
On some of my Excel sheets, the screen doesn't scroll along when I move the scroll bar. It just jumps to the new location when I stop moving the scroll bar. What is the correct setting to change so that the screen scrolls at the same time? Do you use different versions of excel? In earlier versions, when you moved the scrollbar, you saw a little yellow tooltip show you what row you were on. In newer versions, the screen moved. (I've forgotten the version that first added the live scrolling. Maybe someone can chime in with it.) avbs wrote: > > On some of my Excel sheet...

How to change text string?
I have used the CONCATENATE function and obtained the result I wanted but not in the form I need. My results are all joined into one text string (A,B,C,D) however they need to be one beneath the other in the same cell: A B C D Thank you Hi! Try something like this: Format the cell to wrap text: =C8&CHAR(10)&C9&CHAR(10)&C10&CHAR(10) In the above, I'm concatenating cells C8, C9 and C10 Biff "Dajana" <Dajana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58C16654-4112-4B8C-A9F8-B104B5AFFBCE@microsoft.com... >I have used the CONCATENATE funct...

Can you reset size of bar in scroll bar?
When working in a large Excel worksheet, the size of the scroll bar diminishes to allow you to scroll through the entire sheet. After intentionally deleting a large portion of the worksheet, the bar size on the scroll bar remains the same. Is there a way to reset the size of the bar on the scrollbar? You have to delete the rows (not just clear the contents), and then, the easiest thing is to save the workbook. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "vsholl" <vsholl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CF4E91-D282-4FB4-85EC-A19C5343F18A@microsoft.com... > Whe...

Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling
Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please I need to update an MFC project to use Gdi+. Can anyone point me to an example. My IDEAL example would be an undated non-ole version of Scribble which would use MFC GDI+ Scrolling Zooming :) Double Buffering :) :) :) But and other help and or hints even good C# !!! examples would be better than nothing. I tried working from the final (non-ole) Scribble example (VC6) but I could not get the GDI+ DC to display :( Sigh hence my request. Many Than...