Scratch that, using a filter did not work

I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
0
Ben1 (161)

You have replies at your first post.

It's better to stay within the same thread.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You have replies at your first post.
>
> It's better to stay within the same thread.
>
> Ben wrote:
> >
> > I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1
> >
> > HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Ben1 (161)

Using the Connection filtering
I read the article KB823866 "How to configure connection filtering to use REaltime Blacklist" and followed the directions for my 2003 exchange server. When I test the configuration using telnet, I do not get an access denied message. It says that it will accept mail from the made up recipient from the domain that is supposed to be denied from connecting to our server. Any suggestions? Reagrads, How are you testing Connection Filtering using telnet?, you would have to simulate the IP address of the SMTP server being blocked? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchanget...

How to use VLookup with a range of numbers?
Hi I'm trying to solve this problem I have and could use some help, I was wondering if its possible to use VLookup to check through a range of data in one cell, ex: 89-100 or 71-74. But I'm not sure if there is a way to make excel understand FROM 89 TO 100 0r 71 TO 74. (Yes I've just started learning excel on my own) This is the problem I'm trying to solve: To calculate the data in the 20 Point Scale column, enter a formula that converts each student’s Final Percentage to a number grade on the 20 Point Scale as outlined below:- 80% and above = 1 75-79% ...

using SetBitmap
Hi, I wrote a program that is a dialog box and has a callback function. In the callback function i need to change a picture that is in the dialog box. Since the Callback function isnt in the same class as the dialog box i cant use -(CStatic*) GetDlgItem( IDC_IMAGE); and have to use - (CStatic*) GetDlgItem(g_hwnd, IDC_IMAGE); In the first case it works... In the second case (which is what i actually need) it throws an exception. the code looks like this - hBitmap = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage( NULL, "c:\\tactix.bmp", IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_DEFAULTSIZE | LR_LOADFROMFILE); pImage = (CStat...

Forecasting using SUMPRODUCT and dates
I am having a problem with counting data that is within a certain date. for example, I have 4 columns. SERVERNAME, LOCATION, TYPE LEASEENDDATE. I am currently using SUMPRODUCT to count the number o servers I have for a particular location and type. A B C D SERVERNAME LOCATION TYPE LEASEENDDATE Server1 MN Web 6/30/2004 Server2 CA App 8/15/2004 SUMPRODUCT((B2:B200="MN")*(C2:C200="Web")) On another sheet, I would like to forecast of how many servers I hav that are not expired...

Out of Office Assistant Doesn't Work
Hello, I have one user who put their Out of Office assistant on, but it is not replying to any incoming messages. She has no rules setup in her Outlook. The config is Exchange 2003 and she has WinXP with Oulook 2003. Thanks, George In news:s5lig2lbgkkppca0ktp0i2b5nbi1l5msct@4ax.com, George <George@Geo.com> typed: > Hello, > > I have one user who put their Out of Office assistant on, but it is > not replying to any incoming messages. She has no rules setup in her > Outlook. The config is Exchange 2003 and she has WinXP with Oulook > 2003. > > Thanks, > Geor...

using combo boxes to sort
I need to make a spreadsheet for work with several fields. I have inserted combo boxes into certain columns (last name, first name) so that data can be easily found. The problem that I am running into is that when I choose let's say a last name, it separates from the rest of the data but the rest of the row (first name, date of birth, etc) stays in the original spot. How do I make it so that I can find data in one column but have all the information in that row move? I have also seen charts where when the requested data comes up the rest of the data "hides." If anyone know...

Search not working
does anyone every get the message "Your query for 'xxxxx' did not return results" when you have put in valid search data (replace xxxxx with the string your searching for). I'll put in the word Report and hit go and I get back the above message. I've tried other words and none work. Is something wrong with the search function on the MS site. ...

Linking .JPG files using VBA
I have a Table that includes the field "FileLocation" which contains the full file name of various JPG files. I wish to preview those files on an Access Form but I do not wish to manually insert the protographs one-by-one: rather I wish the photo to be displayed or, create an additional OLE Object field in the Table and, using VBA, populate that field with the required linkages. What version of Access is this? In Access 2007, you can bind an image control to a field. Dead simple. Even works even on continuous view forms. In older versions, use the Current event of the form t...

Cant use Import-Module in Powershell in SQL Server 2008 SQL Agent
Yo Geeks, SQL 2008 SP1 CU 5 Enterprise x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Wrote a basic Powershell script to get Membership of Certains Groups from AD using the ActiveDirectory Module new in 2008 r2/ Windows , and insert into a SQL table required for some old dodgy app. Tested outside of SQL Agent - all fine. Want to use as SQL Agent Job / Powershell step. Created a job and got message like "Import-Module is invalid command" Thought SQL might be running Powershell 1.0 , but $Host run from SQL Agent says 2.0 From same SQL Agent job do a "Get-Comm...

Using expressions in a report to calculate pay
I have created a report utilizing data from a query and a table that shows how many hours worked each day utilizing the expression: Expr1: Sum(DateDiff("n",[Schedule]![TimeIn],[Schedule]![TimeOut])/60) With that expression it gives me the answers that I need in the query. However, when I put it into a report it does not show any of the data from the schedule table that I utilized to create my timeclock. The other problem that I am encountering is that I am trying to calculate pay utilizing the expression: [Expr1]*[Hourly Wage]/60 When I create this expression ...

What categories do I use when I reimburse owner for using his own
My husband and I have a small business. He prefers to use his personal American Express card to charge everything for the business and for personal items. He wants the points. However, at the end of the month, he pays Amex with a check out of his personal checking account and I add up all the receipts for items he charged for the business and write him a check from the business to reimburse him. This is probably Accounting 1-0-1 but what are the proper categories & sub-categories to record this transaction? I use MS 2005 Small Business but own practically every year prior. ...

does outlook 2007 use XML for contacts and messages?
I had read somewhere recently that the replacement for outlook express uses XML for each contact record and for each individual message instead of using wab or whatever the default format is. I was curious to know if outlook 2007 has improved similarly. No. Outlook uses the contacts folder in either your pst or exchange mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@list...

XML -> Access -> XML plus useful validation
I have an XML file that needs to fill 4 MS Access tables and then later after processing I need to export back to the same structured but different XML file. I also have to validate the XML file before importing and after exporting, and log errors. I would like the validator to tell me which fields are not validating and why so I can log rich error information. I don't think MS VS. NET gives me this with XML Validator. What is the easiest way to do this? (I have a tight deadline - am open to purchasing a good component if .NET can't do this easily) I use Paradox tables for all my...

Using find and replace in different fields
Hello everyone. I am trying to use access to see a word in one field and write a number in another field. Like if agree =3 , disagree= 1. I want access to see agree in a field and write 3 in another field. How can this be done? In news:17904967-C3A7-42E4-8AEE-583B62E38DD6@microsoft.com, lostinseganet <lostinseganet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello everyone. I am trying to use access to see a word in one field > and write a number in another field. Like if agree =3 , disagree= 1. > I want access to see agree in a field and write 3 in another field. > How can this ...

Use CPalette in CtlColor
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

wondering if it's possible to create some sort of form I can use to create an XML document

How do I define production planning using Visio flow charts
I need to produce a flow chart to 'specify' the stages of manufacture. Can anyone show me the basic layout please? That sounds like a Value Stream Map. Look here for an example and instructions. Even if you don't have Visio 2007 Professional, this may give you an idea. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx?pid=CH100985561033 -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George" <George @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

left(string, number) with linked data to SQL2000 does not work
I am converting a client's program to work with data in an SQL 2000 database. Previously the data was linked to a separate Access mdb file. now it is linked via ODBC to SQL 2000. The following snipet works if the data is in an Access table but once the table is in SQL the function left(string, number) stops the Access engine from even entering the procedure. I put a msgbox "Hi" at the beginning of the funtion and it did not even come up. I do not get any error msgs it just does nothing! Any Clue?? If Left(Me.CUSTID.Value, 3) = "IDG" Then Dim valoare2...

Macro not working properly when run automatically
Hi there, I thought I posted a thread about this, but can't seem to find it. Anyway, the problem is I have the macro below. It works when I run it manually from the macro menu, but bugs when I use VB to edit it into running automaticaly (tried Wookbook_Open and Wookbook_BeforeSave). Using Ex2003 by the way. It's supposed to sort all sheets according to High, Medium, Low by: 1-Convert High, Medium, Low to 1,2,3 accross workbook. 2-Sort each sheet according to 1,2,3 3-Convert 1,2,3 back into High, Medium, Low. Now when I run it automatically, if there is High, Medium, L...

Complex (to me) filter/criteria for a report
Hello, Hope you can help me figure this one out. First, I've inherited a database, and I can't change the table/ structure. This I'm sure complicates the situation, as the tables are not normalised. I need to run a report, but limit the entries based on several criteria, and I have no idea how to write that. The report uses a field called [Assistant]. I have the following filter onopen: Assistant<>"None" This limits the report to the query results where Assistant is comprised of a first name and a last name. Next, and this is where I have a problem, I need t...

Use these package
--zjkumckvlsg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ttdpedsquerzgnhx"; type="multipart/alternative" --ttdpedsquerzgnhx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pktzepulojt" --pktzepulojt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

starting from scratch
Hi. I've been using RMS for a few months now. Now that I am comfortable using it, I am ready to stop playing around and officially go live with it. However, my database is full of useless configurations, bogus transactions, messed up receit formats etc. So I want to start again from scratch with a new database. I want to create a new database through the Administrator program and just import the stuff I need. The only problem is that I want to retain my item,category,department,customer and supplier list, which is for the most part correct. i don't want to have to re-enter a...

Using a ComboBox for parameters for a query
HI, I have a form that i want to show query results based on the parameters of names, or dates. I was wondering how to make the query change based on what i chose from combo boxes. Also, how do you make the results show up on the form itself. Thanks in advance. ...

Can you use an in-line method like this in C#?
Can you do this in C#? FKCreatedBy = (aspnet_Membership.Key != null ? aspnet_Membership.Key : GetGuestGuid()); (this is the method GetGuestGuid) public static Guid GetGuestGuid() { // Guest is declared as a private const elsewhere aspnet_Membership am = aspnet_Membership.GetUser(Guest); return am.UserId; } When I run the code in debug mode I can see that it's returning a GUID in return am.UserId, but this is never assigned to FKCreatedBy. Thoughts? Thanks Edward And this FKCreatedBy line is called fro...

How do I return the table structure using an SQL command in a quer
In a VBA function, I need to fill a combo box with the table fields name. Could you please help me on this? -- Wagner Mokva You've described "how" you are trying to do something. If you'll describe "why" you want to do this, the newsgroup readers may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Wagner Mokva" <WagnerMokva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40D27041-8E53-4BAB-B31D-C75FA935B28A@microsoft.com... > In a VBA function, I need to fill a combo box with the table fields...