Scientific notation #2

I have a rather extensive excel spreadsheet and when I save it into CSV
format and try and import it into a SQL database I cannot due to the number
been in scietific notation. I have foramted the numbers inot number format.
What am I doing wrong?
0
clive (12)

Clive wrote:
> I have a rather extensive excel spreadsheet and when I save it into
CSV
> format and try and import it into a SQL database I cannot due to the
number
> been in scietific notation. I have foramted the numbers inot number
format.
> What am I doing wrong?

Please post some sample data.

Jamie.

jamiecollins (192)
2/8/2005 8:09:43 AM
If you open that .csv file in Notepad, are those numbers really in scientific
notation?

If no, then it sounds like it's not excel's problem.

If yes, maybe you could create that .csv file with a little more control.

Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly:  http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

2 faxes
in the printers folder I have 2 fax icons, 1 says fax(under general tab it says model windows NT fax Driver), and the other symantic fax starter edition (under general tab it says model OLFAXDRV) and both say ready. Is this how it is supposed to be set up? Allen --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.672 / Virus Database: 434 - Release Date: 29/04/2004 You tell us. What operating system? What fax software did you install? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Allen" <allencelsie@Hotmail.com> wrote in...

URLDownloadToFile #2
I found one way to do speed limit with this function : I inserted proper sleep statements in the callback function... Is this the way to do it ? Mike ...

resize chart #2
i want to resize a pie chart in excel without resizing the space around it. ie i want the border around the chart to fit closely to the chart. any ideas? Hi, You can resize the actual pie part of the chart by selecting the plotarea (square box bounding the slices). Select the chart and use the Up/Down cursor key to cycle thru the chart elements. Once the plotarea is selected you can drag to resize. Or use the chart toolbar to select the plotarea. Or to click it, image the pie is in a box so click a corner area close to the slices at roughly the 2,5,7 or 11 o'clock positions. Chee...

Time Zone #2
When I purchased my computer, I accidently set it up on "Central America" Time Zone instead of "Central" Time Zone - I entered thousands of appointments in. I now realize that I made this mistake and want to change the computer's time zone. When I do this, Outlook moves the time of all the appointments one hour later. Obviously this won't work. How can I fix this? Can I change the "Time Zone" of all my appointments? Is there another way to fix this? Since I have thousands of appointments, changing them all individually is not an option. HELP! ...

Combine 2 columns?
I am trying to combine the contents of 2 columns (Street number and street name) and can't figure out how to do it. None of my Microsoft Office 2000 "help" files will work. Any help is appreciated. Jim Jim, In column C, input =A1 & " " & B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jim" <jrkidd@swbell.net> wrote in message news:37d801c3756d$47481fe0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to combine the contents of 2 columns (Street > number and street name) and can't figure out how to do > it. None of my Microsoft Office 2000 "help" files ...

how do I turn off an Automatic Scientific Format
Every Time i want to Enter some Text in to Excel it is automaticall formatted as Scientific Text .. IE: I enter in 5E1 amd Excel Automatically formats the number an displays it as 5.00E+1 (50) and so on and so on for other code further down that are 5E4, 5E5 etc ... am I able to turn off thi Automatic Scientific Function that deems my codes are Exponentia Formulas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not sure you can turn it off, but if you enter an apostraphe in front of the values it won't think they're numbers.. e.g. '5E1 alternatively, select where you a...

Password Security #2
I have one server for DC/DHCP/DNS etc. and one other server for Exchange Enterprise. I am trying to add users/mailboxes to the exchange server and get an error that it does not meet the password security. ie 1 uppercase Letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special char. Where do I change this? I don't need that much security. DG In you default domain GPO, under Computer ConfigurationWindows Settings/Security Settings/Password Policy/Passwords Must meet complexity requirements. You can disable the policy there. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:29:53 -0500, "Dan" <gill_dani...

work order question #2
Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. thanks -- Reynold Cycle Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you have deposits, you'll have to refund them and apply them to the big WO. There's no quick & easy way to combine orders. Tom "Jose" wrote: > Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. > thanks > -- > Reynold Cycle Thanks Tom. -- Reynold Cycle "Terrible Tom" wrote: > Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you > hav...

Exchange 2003 test environment #2
Hi, I have setup a Exchange 2003 server at home. I would like to make this live on the internet. How should I proceed to make the server live on the internet? Will I have to regitser a domain first? My current ISP is virgin. I am doing this for test puroses. thanks, PL 1. Make sure you can get to server on smtp from internet (reachable on port 25 on external/NATed IP address). 2. Register domain name 3. Setup DNS (A and MX record) pointing to external/NATed IP address 4. Setup Recipient Policy to generate email addresses for the registered smtp/dns domain (if it doesn't alrea...

2 Questions
Hi all, I posted this on microsoft.public.exchange, but haven't had a reply and thought I would try here, hope someone can help me with this query. I am hoping someone here can advise me, I have setup exchange for my LAN, it currently collects all my Internet mail into my exchange folder, and everythin works fine other than 2 things. 1) I have enabled forms based login as detailed by MS Article; however when I go to http://[servername]/exchange it still gives me the default popup box. Any ideas? SSL is enabled and working 2) The other one is using OWA is there a way to set the from ad...

Oulook Notations
Hi I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add notations of a conversation to it? As an example I have an email that provisionally wanted to order 50 widgets, I spoke to him on the phone (as he never replies to emails) and he decided he was not going to pursue it further. I just want to record in text against his email that I have had the converstion with him on 20th May at whatever and then the details, is this possible Thanks BABYPINK wrote: > Hi > > I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add > not...

name ranges #2
Hi, Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8 How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to: Sheet1 range B2:B15 in a way that i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show all the names in the range (names-1)? Please give us more detail, this question is not clear. What does VLOOKUP have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the range names-1. And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Khalil Handal"...

DPM 2010 RC Agent installation error on W2K8 Rx
rWjoHh2Hdti1G81IrDtB2pxL1rqxUjmuIuiKTcfah7orVTM+VCkZnZT7AOO0 SXJGzz/oGI3+a3F2o9E7eaP7P6TVdSLRosb2crgWOesXW92hHfaUijL5U09n 9PIRd4wXLa+xgZ7HpM1Ze4UrNx2j+QUKDu3QeltPcWrQc6o5inv5t73c0A27 CumNoUUbwZ0j1RWHdujINI16L9s1Alm7adAi1BMpdFdf01TsTLNNOouMSSsx AqVq0p6fJE4/SZUz9KrROLMMdXXJzm4Un4z1aesZFnmjcT5Fo/Hyef53aIeb S5btTsmS9a6WjLeTrEmrT09lKdMTrlZhmdydoy4pcSbq/CRhoy51B2SB8xud uReMlw2mRstP/dstYqKzdc1lUjI52zPO4xo+Y4bmWCyTy9WXXafWKNNO0Sjj gtEzLDq0R1rWTyv46Kjq0A63F7jMtbEK9xvoGStVoyd3aoxr3WSshVgyGSsB OXqlGrS4i0TeoR1uLqn7bXS2XrUjohfP2uI6TYb2SMHkrcdEs8BotHHbxjg4 tMNpkoLRTMR1oyemdqyXSlfKvD1ldTteagRJjWvBNc...

Distribution List Question #2
We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this, however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Thanks! Chris On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64" <RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We ar...

Spreadsheet layout #2
Greetings, I'm a newbie here, XP Pro SP3 plus Office 2000 with SP3. Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet through 90 degrees, so that all the fields across row 1 become successive fields down column A, similarly row 3 appears down column C etc. I tried to copy a rectangle 3R x 20C to 20R x 3C but that doesn't work. teabag On Jul 7, 6:35=A0pm, "teabag" <nob...@home.com> wrote: > Greetings, I'm a newbie here, > > XP Pro SP3 plus Office 2000 with SP3. > > Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet through 90 degrees, so that all th= e > fields ...

Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business #2
All of a sudden this program won't open. It quickly flashes open then immediately shuts down. I am also having this same problem with spreadsheets (Works Suite). Does anyone know how to get it to open? In microsoft.public.money, rehbrh wrote: >All of a sudden this program won't open. It quickly flashes open then >immediately shuts down. I am also having this same problem with >spreadsheets (Works Suite). > >Does anyone know how to get it to open? In Windows Explorer, find sample.mny in your install folder (typically "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mon...

Scientific to Decimal
I'm trying to display the results of an averaging function in the same decimal format of the values that were averaged. Yet, the results end up in Scientific Notation, which is not desired. So I added the Format() function to the averaging function, but it is not returning any values at all. I've been searching the net for the reason why, but have not found anything other than the fomat I'm using. What am I doing wrong? Private Function DisplayAvgATR(ByRef Ranges() As Single) As String Dim n As Long Dim sngTotal As Single Dim sngAvg As Single For n = 0 To...

How to... #2
Hello group I would like to have the functionality: If I enter a zipcode - it automatically inserts the corresponding city. How can I do that? -- Fortis "Wiper" wrote: > Hello group > > I would like to have the functionality: > > If I enter a zipcode - it automatically inserts the corresponding > city. > > How can I do that? > Wiper - When you say 'automatically' do you mean immediately after the zip code is entered (i.e. with scripting) or after the form is saved (workflow, plug-in, etc.)? Assuming you mean scripting - in that case ...

multi-databases Access 2.0 to 97 conversion
Hi, I have to convert ~100 access2.0 databases to access97 these databases contain only tables (no queries, no reports) somebody would have a solution, code example, to automate this process ? i try using the command line, but i don't know how to manage errors. Thanks for your help. TwoD dim dbe as dao.dbEngine if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sNewDBFullPath dbe.CompactDatabase sOldDBFullPath, sNewDBFullPath, dao.dbLangGeneral, dao.dbVersion30 if dir(sNewDBFullPath) <> "" then kill sOldDBFullPath FileCopy sNewDBFullPath, sOldDBFullPath...

Can an appt. automatically be entered into 2 different calendars?
At work I have a shared group calendar and a personal calendar. My work blackberry only sees my personal calendar. Is there some way to have appts. I enter into the group calendar automatically go into my personal calendar so that I can see them on my blackberry? "Timberly" <Timberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2174FE58-4C84-4FFA-83FF-D19B193928A8@microsoft.com... > At work I have a shared group calendar and a personal calendar. My work > blackberry only sees my personal calendar. Is there some way to have appts. > I enter into t...

Pages missing #2
I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? Can you see your status bar? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "PETED73" <PETED73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21EFCC27-0E78-46B0-ADB7-AD397A9CE945@microsoft.com... >I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? PETED73 wrote: > I have an 8 page publication, now only one page appears, what happen? ================================ Which version of Publisher? -- John ...

SMTPSVC #2
Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: SMTPSVC Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 115 Data: 17/02/2006 Ora: 17.32.27 Utente: N/D Computer: SERVER Descrizione: Impossibile effettuare il binding dell'istanza 1. Il codice errore è nei dati. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Dati: 0000: 40 27 00 00 @'.. On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:37:18 -0800, "daniele" <daniele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Tipo evento: Errore >Origine evento: SMTPSVC &...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

how do you type scientific notation in Word 2003?
I'm trying to type problems that add, subtract,etc, into scientific notation. Such as 1.2 x 10^3 + 2.3 x 10^6 so that the "3" and 6" are shown as an exponents. Hi skcole11, Simple: superscript the the "3" and 6". -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "skcole11" <skcole11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9295C87B-B5D7-4A8D-A44C-F9C7058F08AF@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to type problems that add, subtract,etc, into scientific notation. > Such as 1.2 x 10^3 + 2.3 x 10^6 so that the "3&q...

Blackberry enterprise Server #2
Does anyone know of a good source to learn setup and troubleshooting a Blackberry Server and client? Thanks - Blackberry docs are a good source. http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=1122673&objAction=browse&sort=name - RIM also runs (or had one recently) workshop in many cities at an excellent price - free. http://www.blackberry.com/news/events/cwte/index.shtml They also have archived webcasts on their website. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "jazzy&qu...