Scenarios Tutorials

Hi everybody,
I am new to exceltip forum.
I need help on usage of Scenarios in excel.
I have tried to find out Tutorials with example for usingh Scenarios
but was unable to dig out anything like i found for Pivot tables (i.e.
Pivot table 101 etc.)

if any body knows nay link where i can have it for free, plz. tell me.

I would be greatful to u.

thanx in advance.

Vikesh

---

There's a Scenario sample workbook on my web site:

Under the heading 'Scenarios', look for 'Model Pricing Scenario'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/7/2004 4:53:51 AM
SORRY but i don't understand what it meant
Is there no basic tutorial on the subject

You can read a tutorial here:

   http://www.winplanet.com/article/1851-.htm

vikesh < wrote:
> SORRY but i don't understand what it meant
> Is there no basic tutorial on the subject.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/7/2004 2:53:12 PM
;) Thanks a lot. this is something i was looking for

Online CRM Tutorials
I am new to CRM and my main focus will be on pre-sales as well as support. I have not attended any courses and none are planned in the forseeable future. Are there any online tutorials/reference guides with examples which one can look at to better one's knowledge. Thanks in anticipation There are a number of e-courses which you can take for CRM. You can see details on these courses here. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Services/Training/default.mspx -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "Koos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Excel Scenario Manager should let me re-order scenarios (in the s.
Within the scenario manger dilog box (excel 2002) I have several scenarios. Within the scenario manger dialog bos I want to re-order the scenarios I created. ...

Tutorial
Hi all Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for XML in .NET? Also XSD and XLST + some info on XPath would be useful. Thanks Pete ------- http://www.HowToDoThings.com Read or write articles on just about anything Start here. XML in .NET: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/xml/default. aspx Sonu Kapoor Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/sonukapoor/ >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for XML in .NET? Also XSD and XLST + >some info on XPath would be useful. > >Thanks > > >Pete >------- >http://www...

Worst case scenario with a cluster
Hi, We are a shop that tends to look after a large amount of smaller scaled (~500 user) exchange servers. We perform backups with a variety of methods, and have always had a worst case scenario plan. No matter what has happened with hardware, we've always known we could drop a PC on its side and use last night's backup to turn it into a temporary "server" (ableit, a very slow one) while the real hardware is repaired. I have asked this question in other forums so I need to make this statement first. Yes, the above IS possible, even though hardware is totally different. We ...

scenario/what if ??
I have no idea how to accomplish tis but I am sure that it is possible in Excel. I have data that tells me for each day of the week for thre months how many visitors I get to the area. I have 5 staff and I also know how much time they are utilised for the day. ie they are kept busy say 20% of the time as a group for the visitor load on a Monday. Can I use tis info in a spread sheet to do 'what if' such that if I get an increase in visitors what utilisation I will get from the 5 staff - conversely if I have 3 staff with the same visitors what utilisation do I now get from the s...

Need online Publisher 2003 tutorial with audio and animation.
I found an animated/audio tutorial several weeks ago but can't find it again. I thought it was accessed via microsoft.com or Publisher Home Page. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martha in Hawaii" <Martha in Hawaii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A84D24C5-4EF6-4DEF-B5F9-1E8D7BD305C4@microsoft.com... >I found an animated/audio tutorial several weeks ago but can't find it again. > I thought it was accessed via...

Cell Names in Scenario Summaries
Does anyone know a way to get a Scenario Summary to automatically show Names for cells (assuming they exist) rather than the cell references? For example, a Scenario Summary will show: $A$1 500 $B$1 1000 when those cells might be named "Dogs" and "Cats". I can always copy and paste afterwards, but that's not very elegant. TIA The Scenario Summary should automatically use the cell names, instead of the cell references. Check the Names List (Insert>Name>Define to see if the names exist. Bufo Calvin wrote: > Does anyone know a way to get a Scenario...

Smart Tag Tutorial?
I'm looking for a piecewise Smart Tag tutorial. I.e., one that shows how the Shape Sheet sections are built up. Any suggestions? Thanks, SteveM ...

COUNTIFS
Hi: I have tried many variations of different nested formulas and have had no luck solving this one. Here are the two scenarios that I am trying to accomplish: Scenario 1: Count 1 if the following criteria are met on a single line of data: Col F contains text (is not blank) Col G, H, and I do NOT contain "Dropped" Scenario 2: Count 1 if the following criteria are met on a single line of data: Col F contains text (is not blank) Col G, H, I all contain the word "Approved" or "N/A" - the tricky part is that there are several different variations ...

Scenarios
What can you do with Scenarios? What are they used for. I recently created a workbook that uses scenarios to store information about a range of product models. The user selects a model from a dropdown list, and a macro shows the scenario for that model, with all the parts that are required to build it. There's a simplified example here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Data Validation, look for Model Pricing Scenario. Diane M. McDonald wrote: > What can you do with Scenarios? What are they used for. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http...

Scenarios Tutorials
Hi everybody, I am new to exceltip forum. I need help on usage of Scenarios in excel. I have tried to find out Tutorials with example for usingh Scenarios but was unable to dig out anything like i found for Pivot tables (i.e. Pivot table 101 etc.) if any body knows nay link where i can have it for free, plz. tell me. I would be greatful to u. thanx in advance. Vikesh --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ There's a Scenario sample workbook on my web site: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under the heading 'Scenarios', look for 'Model Pricing S...

Scenarios
Hello, I want to know if it's possible to create charts from the scenario summary report. This summary will be created interactively and I want (somehow) to be able to automatically have a comparison chart too. Thanks for your response! Teresa. ...

How do I find the currently selected Scenario?
Hi, Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. I am trying to implement some VBA functions where I need to know which Scenario is currently selected. Does anyone know how I determine the active Scenario from VBA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards. hi, (?) > Maybe this is a simple thing, but I don't seem to be able to track it down. > I have an Excel sheet with a couple of Scenarios defined. > I am trying to implement some VBA functi...

Pub 2002
Any recommendations for free on-line tutorials (Publisher 2002)? TIA Regards... Publisher specific 2002 articles http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010423401033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Won Dampchin" <TuDampchin@myrealbox_dont*like*spam_.com> wrote in message news:4155bqF1d1tqcU1@individual.net... > Any recommendations for free on-line tutorials (Publisher 2002)? > > TIA > Regards... > "Won Dampchin" <TuDampchin@myrealbox_dont*like*spam_.com&...

Scenarios in Excel
My first love was Lotus 1-2-3, but then I discovered Excel. However, if there is one area where Excel is remarkably weak, it is Scenarios. Lotus' Version Manager was a far more powerful and flexible tool. Be that as it may, are there any tips/hints anywhere about making the best out Excel's 32 variable cell limit? I remember seeing something about this on a website but I no longer know where. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated... ...

Scenario Permutations
I am trying to work with Word Data, in Excel, whereby I would like to take a certain situations and generate different permutations. For example, category is Deposit a check and the action is Deposit a check to a savings account, or checking account, or MMA, or CD etc. I am not sure if I need to create a macro or if there is a function I could use. Help!!!! Here's something to play with .. In Sheet1, Assume you have this 3 x 4 within A1:B4 (ie 3 "action" items in A1:A3, 4 "acc" items in B1:B4) Deposit a check to a savings account Withdraw from a checking acc...

New Tutorial: Organizing your Publisher Templates Task Pane
I put together a new tutorial for all Publisher users today and uploaded it to the site. "What we have here is a little known secret which we are now exposing to everyone! This tutorial will walk you through organizing your templates into a folder hierarchy. Doing so will help you find your custom templates within Publisher's Task Pane much easier. If you already have existing templates, you will need to follow this tutorial and apply these changes to each one individually..." http://publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=161 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http:...

Scenario Manager
New to using Scenario Manager. I have a worksheet set up that I now must outline 7 scenarios. Whilst i am able to do each scenario it is possible to have one scenario summary worksheet showing all 7scenarios or must i have 7 sceanrio worksheets? If I can have one scenario worksheet how do I go about this? If the Scenarios are on the same worksheet, you show them in one summary, as described here: http://www.contextures.com/xlScenario02.html Tony0z wrote: > New to using Scenario Manager. I have a worksheet set up that I now must > outline 7 scenarios. Whilst i am able to do ea...

Plotting scenarios
Fairly complex multi-sheet workbook contains a precedent cell and a dependent cell. All sorts of convoluted computations are undertaken to arrive at the value in the dependent cell. I wish to plot a graph of dependent value v precedent value. At the moment the only way I can think of doing this is to set up a separate table, manually vary the precedent cell by constant increments and manually note in the table the value of the dependent cell, then to use that table as the data for a graph. I feel that there must be a better way that takes out the drudgery. Help?? Thanks. -- Return email...

XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline
XML 2005 Late-Breaking and Product Presentation Deadline - Tutorials Added/ changed XML 2005, November 14-18, Atlanta Hilton Hotel, Atlanta, GA http://www.xmlconference.org The deadline for late-breaking, product presentations, and town hall submissions is Friday, September 16. http://2005.xmlconference.org/node/31 The late-breaking presentations are intended to be filled with late- breaking news; however good presentations on other topics that don't duplicate material already on the program will also be considered for these slots. Submissions on fresh topics such as Ajax, alternatives ...

Tab Control Tutorial?
Hello, I'm a part-time MFC programmer so I usually have to search through Prosise anytime I want to do something, looking for the topic and hopefully a simple example. Currently I would like to put some tabbed pages on a dialog box. Using the VC++ 6.0 resource editor I can drag a tab control onto the dialog box. However, at that point I am at a loss for what to do next. I would appreciate it if someone could supply me with some stripped down sample code that does no more than supports clicking onto different tabs and a few controls on each sheet. The example doesn't rea...

Scenario Function
Hi there everyone! I have a problem which I'm sure must be fairly straightforward to solve, but I've spent hours on this and it's getting me down. I have a spreadsheet called Sales Forecasting and it's used to predict sales volumes and profits over a 6 year period. I want to use the Scenario function to predict the changes if I changed the value in my inflation amount cell. This is easy if I want all years to be affected (the cells for each year use a formula that links to the same cell that the inflation amount is in), but I want the years 1 & 2 to be unaffected by the ...

Scenarios #2
I have spreadsheets in which I need to run various scenarios for well more than the 35 cells Excel permits. Using "versions" in Lotus was much easier. Any suggestions on how to easily accomplish this in Excel? I am in the process of breaking down the sheets into numerous groups of 35 or fewer cells, but it is quite time consuming. There's a sample workbook here, that uses an alternative method to show scenarios: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Scenarios under the heading, 'Alternative to Scenario' Variables are stored on a worksheet, and a scena...

Using a formulae within scenarios
Hi, I've just used scenarios for the first time but am a little frustrated in that it only remembers specific values rather than the actual cell reference that I type into the "Enter values for each of the changing cells" boxes. Is there a way of doing this as I wanted to include a whole range of values in the scenario that would be replaced each time. For example consider a basic cashflow forecast where line 1 is balance brought forward lines 2-5 are various incomes lines 6-8 are various payments line 9 is balance carry forward (sum of all of the above) each column represe...

Scenario
Is there a function that will allow me to see what scenario I am currently running? You can include the Scenario name as one of the changing cells. CK wrote: > Is there a function that will allow me to see what scenario I am currently running? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...