Saving .xls without macro

Hello,

I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related t
it.

This is my issue:

I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save th
resulting sheets as .xls.  The resulting sheets are saved with origina
macro.  I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without th
macro.

I am using this code to save my file as .xls.

File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now
"mmddyy") & ".xls"

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _
xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
, CreateBackup:=False

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanc

Check out Chip Pearson's site for code to delete macros from a workbook.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:02:03 -0500, sk8rider
<<sk8rider.18qjld@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>Hello,
>

>I did a search for this issue, but I can't find anything related to
>it.
>
>This is my issue:
>
>I have an .xlt which contains macro, at the end of the macro I save the
>resulting sheets as .xls.  The resulting sheets are saved with original
>macro.  I wonder is there a way that I could save the file without the
>macro.
>
>I am using this code to save my file as .xls.
>
>File_Save_Name = Sheets("Menu").Range("D6").Value & Format _(Now,
>"mmddyy") & ".xls"
>
>ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=File_Save_Name, FileFormat:= _
>xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
>ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _
>, CreateBackup:=False
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>---

Gord
7/1/2004 11:20:26 PM
Thanks Gord Dibben for your reply.  It did helped

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Saving Images

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Database is Read-Only for users without administrative rights
I have recently set up a multiuser database with a front end on each users workstation and the back end on the server. All users are forced to use the front end in Access 2007 Runtime mode. The system has been tested for several weeks and worked fine in a branch office where all users are at administrator level. When I transferred the database to our head office I discovered that standard users (i.e users, mobile users or power users) receive a warning message that the database has been opened in read only mode. Whilst these users are able to edit most of the data on the forms and que...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Macro for Sub totaling multiple sheets
I'm having a problem with a sub total macro. I'm in charge of credit and risk management for a company, and we have about 40 sales agents. Our trial balance needs to be dumped from our system into excel, then broken by sales agent. The problem is each sales agent's aging is not equal, as far as the rows go, I cant seem to get a Marco to work properly. I can make a macro say for the first tab, which might have 50 rows of data, but then the second tab may have 200. The macro was only recorded for 50 rows. How can I do a sub total for each sheet, and have it know to proces...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Personal macros file
I keep a number of blocks of code in my personal.xls startup file just to have them readily at hand and perform routine tasks more quickly (and sometimes to save bits that were hard to figure out how to do). My company has chosen a somewhat chaotic approach to transitioning staff/depts from Excel 2003 to 2007, resulting in my needing to have both application versions on my PC at the same time. Believe me, I KNOW this is not recommended. So, here is my question. I've succeeded in creating one personal.xls file in my startup folder that opens for either application - though...

close form without required field msg box
How can I close a form with required fields without the msg box popping up to enter required fields. I do not want the user to have to hit the escape button. I want the form to close without msgs. -- deb Deb How will Access "know" when it is OK to NOT require fields, or when it MUST require fields? Maybe you don't need required fields? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B1C0EF3-7A2F-402E-AA5B-2FABB9EA73D9@microsoft.com... > > How can I close a form with required fields wit...

Macro #52
Excel 2002. I have created a macro that runs a complex autofilter (using create macro function), and assigned it to a command button. Filter selects rows with a date either 31/12/2004 or 31/03/2005 ( 168 out of 336 rows ) Sub Period2() ' ' Period2 Macro ' Macro recorded 17/10/2005 by NWCSQARC ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r ' Sheets("Last_4_Separate").Select Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=31/12/2004", Operator:=xlOr, _ Criteria2:="=31/03/2005" End Sub If I run the macro using the command button or the short ...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

Macro Subroutines
Hi I want to build a new macro to run a sequence of macros already built, would like these subroutines to run after a delay of 4 seconds so as t not overload my computer. So when i hit the macro button on the toolbar i would like macro one t run straight away,then macro two four seconds after pressing th button,then macro three four seconds later(8 seconds after pressing th toolbar button),etc. Here are two of the macro subroutines that i want to build into the ne macro:- Sub DAILYSOLVER() ' ' DAILYSOLVER Macro ' Macro recorded 25/01/2004 by ADE ' ' SolverReset Solver...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....