saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp

Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to
the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are,
don't want to remap them all
0
McRiggen (1)

If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd
have to run the Regedit program and go to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files

replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different.  Then you would
have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it.  After the
reimage you would double-click the resulting REG file to merge it into the
registry.

--
Jim
"McRiggen" <McRiggen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history
> the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are,
> don't want to remap them all

0
jrrech (1933)

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

ayuda con formula excel
quiero saber se me puede ayudar en eso praticamente yo quiero una formula da enserir an la celda CANCELLARE (mira foto para entender) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.jpg [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.th.jpg] que quando uno presiona la tecla CANCELLARE se borre todo el contenido de la linea detras de CANCELLARE o vero ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) y trambien se tendrian que borrar en la hoja (tabla de datos ) donde estan lo mismo valore de ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) o vero ( A7-B7-C7-D7-E7- F7-G7 )( mira la foto abajo ) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9799/32649272.jp...

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

How do I Click a Command Button on another protected spreadsheet from mine?
I need to copy information from my spreadsheet to another 3rd party protected spreadsheet and Click a Command Button on it, and then the Start button when it appears. And then maybe enter info into a login screen if I'm not connected to the internet, because it goes to a Government site to return information into the spreadsheet. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks now for any help. ...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

EXCEL #153
EXCELL - CAN ONLY ENTER 15 DIGITS, ENTERING MORE SHOW ZERO'S?? Please do not post with CAPS Lock on it is hard to read and considered rude. You should check your HELP and look up "specification limit" these are limitations built in or limitations that Excel must work with. You should not be using a numeric field for a credit card number for instance because it is not treated arithmetically, you should be using identification information at text. When you enter a 16 digit credit card 'number' the first 15 digits are the most significant digits and will be retai...

VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application
I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm trying get it to work on Server 2008 and it's not working. The service calls shell to run another VB6 .exe program. This .exe program is not being called when the VB6 service program is run as a service. If I run the program as an application, it works like it should. Obviously, something in 2008 needs to be changed to allow this but I don't know what it would be. sr Steve Ricketts brought next idea : > I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Using variables in Chart Ranges
I have created a chart with a Value (data range) of ‘='Raw Data'!$S$3:$S$6’ but I need to make the number of rows to chart variable. I have created a variable called ‘numrows’ with the COUNTA option. How do I replace the $S$6 with numrows so when I import data into the Raw Data worksheet, the proper number of rows will be charted? Thanks You have to create a named range (variable) that describes the entire range, not just part of it, or a dimension of it. Then this variable can be used in the chart. Here are some examples and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Save csv format to dbf format

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

excel cell limited in # chars that can print?
when i type a large string into a cell, the print image (and the actual printer output) cut off the string at some point. is there a way around this (feature?/bug?) thks Evan Hi Evan, Take a look at HELP, index, specifications Turn on word wrap -- format, cells, alignment, wrap text Use some Alt+Enter to extend a limitation that may not have been worded properly. adjust your row height if needed. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcr...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...