Saving only updated cells or worksheets

(This is the first time I'm using this feature - hopefully
I'm following the proper procedure!)

Is there a way, in Excel 2002, to only save the cells or
worksheets that have been updated, instead of saving the
entire file each time? I have a large file, with VBA code,
and is I could set it to only save the updated cells or
worksheets, this would decrease the time needed to save
the file. I read about Tools, Options and Allow Fast
Saves, but when I follow that path, there is no such
option to Allow Fast Saves.

Thank You,
MWS
0
anonymous (74717)

I am not sure that this can be done. when a file is saved,
the contends of memory is tranfered to the disk. i don't
believe i have ever heard of a feature call allow fast
saves. I may be wrong and i hope i am but i don't this
this feature exists.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/24/2004 2:16:29 PM
Tools|Options|Save Tab|Allow Fast Saves
is an option in MSWord--not in excel.

And from what I've seen, a lot of people say not to use it in MSWord.  I've read
posts that .doc files get corrupted more often with this turned on.

I don't use it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Is there anyway, that you are aware of, to expedite the
excel file "saving" process? The file I have contains
several worksheets, but only a few are updated by a user
at a time and having to save all the info that is
uneditted after each time the file is accessed takes a
considerable amount of time.

Any insight would be appreciated!!

0
anonymous (74717)
8/30/2004 7:38:55 PM
With excel, you can save the workbook.  You can't save each individual worksheet
and still have the whole workbook.

Lots of times, saving to a network drive is slow.  Any chance you could copy the
workbook to the local drive, do your editting, save to that local drive, and
when you're done, copy the workbook back to the network location?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

after update event
hello, I have two combos. When the first combo is changed from "pending" to "live" I want the second combo to become enabled. I have the following in the after update event. If Me.StatusID.Value = "Live" Then Me.MonthID.Enabled = True but it isnt working. It has been awhile... You also have to requery the second combo If Me.StatusID.Value = "Live" Then Me.MonthID.Enabled = True Me.MonthID.Requery End If Note: Single line coding is poor form. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "scubadiver" wrote: > &...

Format a cell to keep leading zeros.
I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I place them in a cell Excel automatically deletes the leading zeros. Is there a way to format the cell to hold the zeros? Use a custom number format of 000000 or as many zero as you need. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E235622A-98EC-46FB-AFA1-89A8790895C0@microsoft.com... >I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I >place them in a > cell ...

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

Updating links that use SUMIF
I am having a problem a link to another workbook. The link uses SUMI formulas. When I go into the destination workbook, I hit update file. The formula becomes #VALUE. I go under Edit/Links (using Check Status Update Values) and it remains #VALUE. The odd thing is that when I hi check status, the source workbook changes from unknown to OK. If I g in the next time, it reverts back to Unknown. I have installed Service Pack 3 and thing have not improved. I als have Caluclation set to Update Remote References. The only way that can get the formula to work correctly is to open the source ...

update 2007
what is the latest ver number? I don't think my copy is updating. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Wayne wrote: >what is the latest ver number? >I don't think my copy is updating. Current 2007 version is 16.0.*.1303. ...

Saving Images

MS Money 07 Online Software Update
When I sign into my Microsoft Money 2007 it prompts me to install updates to continue working. I go through, click through all of the boxes and I get an error when it tries to do the install of the updates. Any ideas? I know that description is very vague, but someone else has to be experiencing the same problem. I am running IE 7 RC2, I'm going to try to install the full version of IE that just came out and see if that makes a difference, but somehow I doubt it. I haven't been really impressed with Money 07 - I don't actually recommend anyone upgrading to it. ------------...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Hyperlink to cell and have it appear at top upper left hand corner
I am new user. I have created 3 worksheets and defined names for certain cells. I have then created hyperlinks for those cells to go to other named cells. My problem is that when I click on the hyperlinked cell, Excel goes to the correct cell but I would like to have it appear at the top left corner of the spreadsheet. It instead might appear at the middle or right hand side of the spreadsheet. What can I do to correct this? Thank you in advance for anyones response. There must be a better way, but I would programatically check the left & top values of the cell and move a te...

Save to unProtect a Document?

A97 & SQL2K
A97 FE <-> SQL2K BE. Using a QueryDef created on the fly using SQ Pass-Through when an operation only involves server tables. Works great for "Execute" statements, and when returning a recordset that I don't try to modify. But I always get an error "object is read only" whenever I try to use the "rs.Edit" method. I can't seem to find a property that will make it updatable, either. Is it even possible? Here is the function I use to execute the SPT's: Public Sub SQLExecute(SQL As String, Optional rs As Variant) 'This function creates a SQL Pas...

Counting Cells #2
How can I tally values in different cells that do no fall into a specific range. For example, I would like to tally all the values in E2,I2, L2, and P2 which meets a certain criteria such as containing the number "3". While these numbers do fall into the range C2:R2, I don't want all the values for the other cells which I am not interested in. So, how can get excel to isolate the cells that I am interested in and giving me a value? =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(NCrange,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(NCrange))))=3)) where NCrange refers to: =Sheet1!$E$2,Sheet1!$I$2,Sheet1...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

making a cell resize itself to accommodate data
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a cell that I'd like to make, by default, the size of two ordinary cells. I can insert a new row underneath it and then merge that new row with the row I want to make larger but if I do that the cell no longer resizes itself to accommodate data. Some of the existing rows are the size of two or so cells (in terms of height) but, as right clicking on them and going to the Format Cells... option on the resultant menu shows, they're not the result of two merged cells - they're just one cell whose height has been increased. And when you insert data, t...

excel cell limited in # chars that can print?
when i type a large string into a cell, the print image (and the actual printer output) cut off the string at some point. is there a way around this (feature?/bug?) thks Evan Hi Evan, Take a look at HELP, index, specifications Turn on word wrap -- format, cells, alignment, wrap text Use some Alt+Enter to extend a limitation that may not have been worded properly. adjust your row height if needed. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcr...