Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?

Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
do it?

Thanks in advance
0
etracing (1)

I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to
use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be
of no consequence.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Mena <etracing@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
> using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
> 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
> i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
> and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
> so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
> do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
twogilvy (1078)
10/12/2003 4:03:18 PM
I was curious so I just tested this by creating a file in xp2002 and then
opening, on the same computer, that file in xl97sr2. I did NOT get the
message cited. Maybe its due to the setting in tools>general>transition>save
as being set to microsoft excel workbook.??

"Mena" <etracing@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer
> using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office
> 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work
> i geta  message stating that the file was created on xp
> and some latest features may be missing. How i can save
> so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually
> do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Don

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

ayuda con formula excel
quiero saber se me puede ayudar en eso praticamente yo quiero una formula da enserir an la celda CANCELLARE (mira foto para entender) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.jpg [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.th.jpg] que quando uno presiona la tecla CANCELLARE se borre todo el contenido de la linea detras de CANCELLARE o vero ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) y trambien se tendrian que borrar en la hoja (tabla de datos ) donde estan lo mismo valore de ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) o vero ( A7-B7-C7-D7-E7- F7-G7 )( mira la foto abajo ) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9799/32649272.jp...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

EXCEL #153
EXCELL - CAN ONLY ENTER 15 DIGITS, ENTERING MORE SHOW ZERO'S?? Please do not post with CAPS Lock on it is hard to read and considered rude. You should check your HELP and look up "specification limit" these are limitations built in or limitations that Excel must work with. You should not be using a numeric field for a credit card number for instance because it is not treated arithmetically, you should be using identification information at text. When you enter a 16 digit credit card 'number' the first 15 digits are the most significant digits and will be retai...

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Using variables in Chart Ranges
I have created a chart with a Value (data range) of ‘='Raw Data'!$S$3:$S$6’ but I need to make the number of rows to chart variable. I have created a variable called ‘numrows’ with the COUNTA option. How do I replace the $S$6 with numrows so when I import data into the Raw Data worksheet, the proper number of rows will be charted? Thanks You have to create a named range (variable) that describes the entire range, not just part of it, or a dimension of it. Then this variable can be used in the chart. Here are some examples and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception
Hello, Other that catch ( ... ), how can I catch '0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception'? The original exception was thrown by trying to call methods of a smart pointer that was NULL. So I know the source of the problem this time. But for future reference, What will catch this exception? -- Bill Swartz, PhD Voss Scientific Bill Swartz wrote: >Hello, >Other that catch ( ... ), how can I catch '0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ >Exception'? The original exception was thrown by trying to call methods of a >smart pointer that was NULL. So I know the source of the problem thi...