Saving as a text file with quotes AND commas

I need to have a text file with quotes and comma delimited i.e.
"C1","Anne","1429"  etc.
The file exists as a comma delimitted text file. I open it in Excel
and add quotes using a vba macro.
If I save it as a .csv file it adds another set of quotes. If I don't
put the quotes in with the macro and save it as .csv it doesn't add
any quotes. If I save it any other way it doesn't have commas.  HELP!!

John,

Get the Text Write Program (a workbook) from www.tushar-mehta.com.  Don't
add the quotes.  You can tell the program to put the quotes around all
fields.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"John" <johnbenwrn@aol.com> wrote in message
> I need to have a text file with quotes and comma delimited i.e.
> "C1","Anne","1429"  etc.
> The file exists as a comma delimitted text file. I open it in Excel
> and add quotes using a vba macro.
> If I save it as a .csv file it adds another set of quotes. If I don't
> put the quotes in with the macro and save it as .csv it doesn't add
> any quotes. If I save it any other way it doesn't have commas.  HELP!!

0
nowhere8060 (363)
11/11/2003 9:37:58 PM

Have you tried saving it as an excel workbook?

0
anonymous (74722)
11/11/2003 10:00:06 PM
johnbenwrn@aol.com (John) wrote in message news:<f7eb93a4.0311110934.75b4a58b@posting.google.com>...
> I need to have a text file with quotes and comma delimited i.e.
> "C1","Anne","1429"  etc.
> The file exists as a comma delimitted text file. I open it in Excel
> and add quotes using a vba macro.
> If I save it as a .csv file it adds another set of quotes. If I don't
> put the quotes in with the macro and save it as .csv it doesn't add
> any quotes. If I save it any other way it doesn't have commas.  HELP!!

Thank you, the Text Write program did the trick.

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Text only in toolbar buttons
Hi! I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only and no picture? Thanks, Thierry Paradis Set the style property to msoButtonCaption -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Thierry Paradis" <chezmoe200-5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:euoWrjUPGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only > and no picture? > > Thanks, > > Thierry Paradis > > set the style property of the control to msoButtonCap...

Temp Files created on money close ??
Has this problem been addressed yet. I hate that money creates a temp file every time it closes. At least it should use the existing but no it creates a new one each time. In microsoft.public.money, GreyTop wrote: >Has this problem been addressed yet. I hate that money creates a temp >file every time it closes. At least it should use the existing but no >it creates a new one each time. A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant post...

Date "None" Stuck emails in outbox
Has anyone figured out why emails get stuck in the outbox with date "none"? ...

text wrap
The text won't wrap anymore in my OE6 emails. The line goes on and on and the scroll bar activates. Sample: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I tried all the fixes available on the web. Tools-Options-Send etc. Nothing works. Do I have to re-install OE? Thanks for any help. Leo Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Expr...

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

"Unattainable" savings goals

CRM and IE keep shutting down with "send error report" error
This is I believe an IE problem more than CRM but it happens mostly only in CRM and happens 20-30 times a day to the point of complete frustration. I have a CRM client that actually pinned this down to a recent security patch about 4 weeks ago (early August 2006). Anyone know if MS has a solution? -- Thanks, Brian There is a hotfix at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-042.mspx Regards, Chris "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CE5A89-59A3-4893-9CA9-4D3F520E700E@microsoft.com... > This is I believe an I...

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Saving default tabs

Text Box
I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to use the master page for another 100 pages. However the text box will not copied over to 100 pages. So how can I avoid creating text boxes for 100 pages? Please help! -- janet janet <janet@discussion.miscrosoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same > format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to > use the master page for another 100 pages. However t...

Outlook Journal Links to Word or Excel Files
I would appreciate any help to link Word or Excel files to the Activities tab in Outlook Contacts. Thank you. ...

Scrolling in "Screen Output" window.
We have found that neither the mouse wheel nor the page up/down keys work in the "Screen Output" window that the canned reports get displayed in when printing to the screen. Is there something that can be done to enable this functionality? It's a bug. What you can do is click the zoom drop-down and select any zoom level, including the one that's already selected. Once you do that, you should be able to use the scrolling functionality of your mouse. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Marc K" wrote: > We have found that neither the mouse wheel nor the page up/...

Formula to Distinguish Between "F" or "S" within a Range??
Hi! I need a formula that will look at the values in a column range and return a "1" if the values are the letter "F," or return a "2" if the values are the letter "S," or return nothing if there is no data in the column. Background: I use a Monthly Travel Report to record travel information for residents living in a group home (the residents' names are listed down the first column, and the dates of the month are listed across the top row). I type either an "F" or "S" beside each resident's name that went on the trip in t...

Save to unProtect a Document?