Saving an excel file without it amending the name of file name

I enter new data in excel and when i save it it remaes itself by putting copy
of infront of the name of the file.  I use this on a daily basis so i will
have lots of files called copy of and then when i save again its says copy of
copy
0
jenny1 (51)

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

ayuda con formula excel
quiero saber se me puede ayudar en eso praticamente yo quiero una formula da enserir an la celda CANCELLARE (mira foto para entender) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.jpg [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.th.jpg] que quando uno presiona la tecla CANCELLARE se borre todo el contenido de la linea detras de CANCELLARE o vero ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) y trambien se tendrian que borrar en la hoja (tabla de datos ) donde estan lo mismo valore de ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) o vero ( A7-B7-C7-D7-E7- F7-G7 )( mira la foto abajo ) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9799/32649272.jp...

Excel window keeps changing
Hi, I have a weird problem on my home computer while using Excel. If I don't use the screen for a few minutes, the Excel window shrinks to about a fourth of its size. So I have to click it again to either Maximize or resize to about 90% full size, which I prefer using. It is by no means a fatal fault, but verry annoying! Any pointers? Amer ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Excel 2008 hanges when deleting cells or rows
Anyone know of a problem with Excel 2008 hanging when deleting? I have a large spreadsheet with all my banking history in it Today after doing a statement download to a .csv and then cutting and pasting into the spreadsheet I tried to delete a few repeated lines and got an hourglass. Eventually I had to kill off Excel. I repeated the cut and paste then did the same delete and had exactly the same problem. deleting just a single cell does the same. Next time I saved after the paste, shut down Excel and restarted again, same problem. I can navigate around the sheet OK, edit cells OK, but as soon...

How can I mark rows in Excel so I can use this information to set.
It used to be so simple when I had used a database in Microsoft Works. Now I have an XP, had to get my address databases changed to Excel (by an online company) and I'm not up to snuff on how to work with this now. I'd like to mark certain addresses so I can pull them out for a partial mailing. Can this be done in Excel? I'm a 63-yr-old grandma, no formal training on the computer, have learned and am learning everything the hard way. Hi assuming that you have headings (like name / address etc) across row 1 and your data starts in row 2 then in in a column at the end of yo...

Dos command for Excel
Hi, Is there Dos command to support Excel files? Thanks. Molly Molly Kay wrote: > Is there Dos command to support Excel files? Well, you can use COPY to copy an Excel file, or ERASE to erase it, but this isn't what you have in mind, I'm sure. What are you trying to accomplish? ...

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...

Saving Images

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

C++ Automation of excel
Where are the constants being used in the xl constants (such as xlPasteAll) listed that I can use them in VC++ automation code? or is there an include library that I can pull in to the code? Thanks in advance. create your own enum that looks like this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbaxl11/html/xlmthPaste1_HV03088335.asp Look under xlPasteTypes AliR. "Ven" <Ven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F134B653-D721-48F9-B615-BBDCBFA34CEA@microsoft.com... > Where are the constants being used in the xl constants (such as xlPa...

Excel loses linked workbook
I have an error (or don’t understand the workings of the new version of excel). I have a workbook G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P05\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx. This workbook is linked to the period 04 version workbook (G:\2009\Monthly Reporting Working Files\P04\Trial Balance\YTD Financials.xlsx). Note it is has the same file name but is held in a different location. It links to cell D47 of period 4 and then adds current month. The formula works ok but when I save the document the links get broken and the cells become a circular reference. I can’t understand why. I ha...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Dividing first & last names?
Is it possible to divide first and last names that have a space between them is one cell and put copy them to two separate cells? Thanks, Digital2k Hi Digital2k, Data>Text to Columns will do that admirably. HTH Martin Thank you Martin, but I'm not an expert. I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do with this. The Full name is in column (A) I want the first name in column (B) and the last name in column (C). Where would I use Data>Text at? Digital2k "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message news:ugR$rgNqGHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...

Database is Read-Only for users without administrative rights
I have recently set up a multiuser database with a front end on each users workstation and the back end on the server. All users are forced to use the front end in Access 2007 Runtime mode. The system has been tested for several weeks and worked fine in a branch office where all users are at administrator level. When I transferred the database to our head office I discovered that standard users (i.e users, mobile users or power users) receive a warning message that the database has been opened in read only mode. Whilst these users are able to edit most of the data on the forms and que...

Recalculate in Excel mobile?
In Excel on my PC, I can press F9 to recalculate - to re-roll a virtual dice, in this case. My PDA doesn't have an F9 key, and I can't spot anything obvious on the menus. Suggestions? I've now tried creating an ActiveX control - a button that calculates. Works fine on the PC, doesn't even appear in Excel Mobile. Not really any surprise, I suppose. Tools>Option>Calculation tab, Calculate Now? I don't know Excel Mobile. Can you record a macro to do that? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <janewilliams20@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1135260390.867070.12353...

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Org name and Activation Key
I installed CRM before I was issued an Activation Key from Microsoft and understand that the Org name has to be the same as the Name issued with the Activation Key. Is there any way to rename the Org name without uninstalling and reinstalling CRM? If I do have to uninstall CRM do I have to uninstall the CRM Email Router which is on a different server? Thanks in Advance. Len I would reinstall with the new OU. Because as you can see clearly in the AD the CRM group contains unique security groups. So just renaming the OU title does not change the Security ID's. I would do a r...