SaveAs wk3 file type error message

I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format.
I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus
123 file formats.  When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is
generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by
your registry policy setting."

Does anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Ken

Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel
2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your
registry policy setting"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945797

Ken Warthen wrote:

> I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format.
> I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus
> 123 file formats.  When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is
> generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by
> your registry policy setting."
>
> Does anyone know a workaround for this issue?
>
> Ken

0
Bob

Exchange 2003 SMTP recipient message filtering
I have enabled SMTP message filtering on the virtual server and it is still not working. I noticed that Exchange 2003 version is slightly different that Exchange 2000 (which I had working without any problems). Am I missing something? Thanks Steve Could you confirm what settings you have configured on Global Settings > Message Delivery? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:103e01c4262c$483b0320$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have enabled SMTP message fi...

Help setting a File Name
hi experts I'm having trouble with the following: Cell J1 of Sheet1 contains a date, say Dec. 15, 2009. Sheet1 has a 'Save' button called cmbSave. When I click cbmSave, I'd like the SaveAs... dialog to be shown with the suggested File Name showing as 'POS_Summary_091215.xls' . In other words, I'd like the suggested file name to start with 'POS_Summary_', and to end with the J1 date in yymmdd format. Can this be done? thank you in advance Cinnie -- cinnie Sub newdate() Dim d As Date, s As String d = Range("J1").Va...

Sending a PPT file to Microsoft Word is huge file, wasn't before
For 7 years I have been creating Powerpoint presentations then going to File/Send To/Microsoft Word and using the Notes with blank lines options. If the ppt is 605 KB the Word document ends up pretty small. But for some reason today - it is making my 605 KB file turn into a 8,200 KB Word document. It is massive and slow. My big problem is I take the Word file and merge with others to make a manual. I spoke to my Service Desk at the office and they can't help me, and it is urgent...I am so hoping someone out there knows a quick fix. The Service Desk tried to do the Detec...

PST files
Hello, I have been backing up my laptop Outlook info to PST files each month and I have about 7 of these PST files and erasing some content like email right after each backup so as to keep my main Outlook datafile small for better performance. However, I just learned to understand how AutoArchive works and realize the inconvenience in having so many different files that overlap in data but do have distinct emails and contacts. So I would now like to combine all of them into one big file but I wonder if there is an automated and preferred way to do this and so that this combination/conversion...

How do I convert .doc files to .mdi files?
How do I convert .doc files to .mdi files? I am using Vista and I have many scanned documents that were saved as .doc files and some as .tif files. The ..tif were easy to convert by just rename the extention from .tif to .mdi, the ..doc files won't do this. I have to open the file then "export" and chage to ..mdi, this also leaves the original file that I then have to go back and delete. Is there a faster way? ...

I get a "Disk full" message,what disk?
I am not using a disk but an excel program created by someone else and given to me by e-mail. "Deputydog" <Deputydog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DEFAA-0B68-46ED-9D9B-6A5A71302633@microsoft.com... >I am not using a disk Well you must be, unless you are using Excel on a mobile phone.... >but an excel program created by someone else and given > to me by e-mail. You mean an Excel WORKBOOK, not a "program". So what are you doing when this message comes up? Yes, It is a workbook. I had entered all the info, alt 4 , save, and the ...

Files added and replaced
Just tried to install some application written seems in VB, setup fails, and I decided not to install. I tracked installation with InCtrl5 utility (Registry and Windows), installation report show the following keys and files was added, amongst other stuff: Values added: 2 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserAssist\{75048700-EF1F-11D0-9888-006097DEACF9}\Count "HRZR_EHACNGU:R:\TCF\CCVAFGNYYRE.rkr" Type: REG_BINARY Data: 34, 05, 00, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, B0, 6F, A8, 46, C5, E6, CA, 01 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wi...

MDBdata files #2
I've been having issues with space on my email server and have come to realize that I think the culprit is the MDBDATA folder and all the log file it contains (4 gigs). I've done some reading and found that i could enable circular logging but this is not reccommended by microsft on my exchange 2003 server. at this point on our network we have no backup (not my choice, i can only get what they allow me to get). If i do the "full online backup" using the backup program that comes with windows server 2003 will the log files that are no longer needed be deleted automatically? And...

COPY CELL WITH FILE REFERENCES IN EXCEL
I need to know how to make excel automatically change this when I copy down: ='C:\CP Files\[COT010.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 to ='C:\CP Files\[COT011.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 and so on . . . ='C:\CP Files\[COT012.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 ='C:\CP Files\[COT013.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 ='C:\CP Files\[COT014.xls]Sheet1'!$E$40 etc . . . Since it is a reference to another file, it will not automatically change the file reference when I fill down. Hopefully this makes sense. Can anyone help me? Hi natelee78 I always use a macro if I want this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy...

Source File that is Linked getting "file not found"
hello: I created a master (source) excel document and linked the multiple graphs to a poweroint. Both files are in a shared lan where multiple people have to go in and update the master excel. When I open the master excel I get a pop up asking if I want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook (it is linked to)? Confusing question. But when I say yes, I get an error pop up box that says "file not found" and it takes me to my hard drive directory. As this is a shared document I keep getting asked what to answer and why they get the error messa...

File > Import and Export is disabled, how to enable?
Hi, The menu File > "Import and Export" is disabled in Outlook 2003 SP1. How to enable it? Thanks For what account type? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Arekas" <nospam@stt.lt> wrote in message news:%23mKF2z1FGHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The menu File > "Import and Export" is disabled in Outlook 2003 SP1. How > to enable it? > > Thanks ...

Preventing SaveAs
I need to be able to stop users doing SaveAs because our VB application manages the file's location.... I can trap the saveAs event, but only after the SaveAs dialog window has opened. I know I can use the application.AlertResponse to automatically 'press' cancel on the dialog but doing this across the entire visio application will reduce funtionality. I have tried using the BeforeModal event to see if I can 'see' the event queue and check for the onSave event, but I don't get very far with this approach. Does anyone hve any suggestions? My only remaining approach is...

Store error whith appplication error pop-up
One time a day the store om my exchange 5.5 sp4 give an=20 error , and the servi=E7e shuts down. them i startup the=20 service and the imc shuts and i star=B4t up. Them only in the next day the history repets it selve. Application popup: store.exe - Application Error : The=20 instruction at "0x004246a5" referenced memory=20 at "0x132bf000". The memory could not be "read". Application popup: store.exe - Application Error : The=20 instruction at "0x004246a5" referenced memory=20 at "0x137bf000". The memory could not be "read". Ale...

Error if trying to promote (track) e-mail with images to CRM
Hi, I have been having problems with promoting (getting e-mails to track in CRM) when there are graphics in the e-mail message doesn't display properly (image of red ‘X’) . When the image is removed from the e-mail everything works great. The Event Viewer (both on the server and on the client machines) doesn‘t show any error logs from MS CRM. Below is the error message: “An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item has been saved to Microsoft Outlo...

Why does Excel saves all my files as temporary files?
Excel does not allow me to save changes I have made to my files. It states that it is has saved them as a temporary file and I need to open them and rename them. The files are not protected or read-only. In addition, it will not allow me to delete files. It looks as if it is being deleted, but it does not remove the program. Any suggestions? Hi just a guess: Clean your temp directory and reboot your computer -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Arija" <Arija@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:27314F09-9039-4CF5-99A6-8F3B61AF866F@microsoft.c...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

N/a Error In Excel 2003
I work in an office with multiple different excel versions, most of th time things run fairly smooth. I'm running across a problem with worksheet in excel 2002. It is being sent to a person with excel 200 on there pc and all of the figures are showing up as NA. Please advis if there is a solution to this problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What is the formula producing this message? Is it from the analysis toolpak addin, and do they have it installed on their PC? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec ...

Excel files in File command
When I click on File, among other things that show up, are the last four files that I have opened. Is there a way to change the number of files that show? e.g. could I have the last six file names accessed show up? Don <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And enter the number you want by "Recently Used File List". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Don C...

Outlook Error: can not send test e-mail
I am trying to configure MS Outlook XP to check an e-mail box at yahoo and I keep getting an error that says "can not send test e-mail check e-mail address" when I test the settings. But the e-mail address is correct and when I type in the same settings on my lap top the account settings test runs without errors. Please help... ...

Publisher creates pub####.tmp files
Hello. Publisher 2000 is creating temporary files on the root of the network drive where someone is editing .pub files. I think it's doing it on the 'Remind to save publisher files' box. Anyway, it's weird because the user could be working in a buried subfolder on the network drive, and it will still create the .tmp file on the root of the network drive. Can this be stopped or else can I direct those .tmp files to the user's hard drive? Thanks in advance. In news:1ed001c44a45$38308800$3501280a@phx.gbl, Greg Hill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> post...

Allowed SMTP Content-Type
I've noticed Windows 2003 SMTP service drops email with content-type of message/partial ? Is this configurable ? documented somewhere ? -thanks ...

Delete .emf files in Excel
Hello, I found one of my Excel files is creating hundreds of .emf files in the temp directory every time I open it. This causes the Excel file to take almost an hour to open. I clear out the temp directory all the time, but how do I delete the .emf files permanently from the file or at least keep them from opening? Please help.... Thanks, George I don't think you can stop excel (and other programs) from using that temp folder. (In fact, you wouldn't want to.) But I use a script by Michael Harris to clean up my Temp folder. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=%23bXVsIHnAHA...

Macro to look for file on multiple drive letters
Ive created a file and macro that reads from another specific file on network drive. This works OK apart from 1 problem - Not everyone ha the same letter name for the network drive. For example, for me th network drive is G but for my colleague the same drive is under lette H. Because i have created the macro to use drive G it isnt working fo everyone. Is there a way that the macro can search either/or (if drive G no found look for drive H)?? or can it open the second file using th network path?? Hope i havent made my request too confusing. Appreciate any help. Many thanks -- Message post...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE"
Hi, I am getting following linker error : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "TEMPFILE" I havent yet written any code by myself and just tried to run the auto generated code. It is giving this errorwith all the files that I am creating using VC++6.0. It might be due to some setting of VS but Iam unable to find it. Suggestions invited, Vinay I have found its solutions. It is becoz, VS was unable to create any file in the default temp folder as it already contain a lots of files. Once I deleted all the temporary files from that folder, my probs is solved. But Is t...

SaveAs
I need to create a macro to just open the File SaveAs, the end user can save the file as any name or in any directory they choose. Thanks! On Jun 2, 6:24=A0pm, Davis1309 <Davis1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to create a macro to just open the File SaveAs, the end user can s= ave > the file as any name or in any directory they choose. =A0Thanks! Sub FileSave() With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogSaveAs) If .Show Then .Execute End With End Sub Pls let me know if anything more you need. Nevermind....I figured it out! "Davis1309...