Save .xls as fixed width text or csv

How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file?
0
bpjenkins (1)

Brian

Save it as a space delimited text file *.prn

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Brian Jenkins" <bpjenkins@delinvest.com> wrote in message
> How do I save an Excel file as a Fixed Width Text file?

0
nick_hodge (41)

chart fixed as default
I know about using "Format Chart Area" -> "Don't move or size with cells" to make my charts stay fixed. How do I make this the default behavior? Thanks, Ajit ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Saving Images

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Help a newbie in a ComboBox fix.....
Hi, I'm experiencing some difficulty with the ComboBox macro. It works correctly when I put it into the document (saving the document poses no problems). After I close the program and then reopen it, I have to go into each and every combobox and run it again! How can I avoid having to do this each time? Thanks, Rosemary -- rosemary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rosemary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25042 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385659 Rosemary, Po...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Fixing position of page
I have some small menus created for a restaurant. They will be loaded on their computer and when they need to change prices etc. all I want them to be able to do is change prices and the food entry. I want to be able to lock the position of the groups on the page so they cannot destory the format etc. I just don't think there's a way to do it. If they can edit anything, they can edit everything. Assuming they are paying you for the work you're doing, it's their product and they can do anything they want to it. Including screw it up royally. (I know, that's the pits.)...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

Fixed Assets Error Message
I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server. Originally I only installed SmartList builder. I've just finished adding Fixed Assets, Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting. When I launch GP Utilities I get the following error message: Fixed Assets Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior Does anyone know what this means? Thanks! Maatthias, If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the result? select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309 B...