save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros?

I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers.  I need
to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by
adding a leading zero.  I have tried using the concatenate function to add
the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one
digit.  How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the
leading zero?
0
Ques (1)

Check your CSV file in Notepad, not in Excel.  Excel will frequently convert
your text representation of a number into a number, even though it likely was
written out to disk with the leading zero

"Ques" wrote:

> I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers.  I need
> to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by
> adding a leading zero.  I have tried using the concatenate function to add
> the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one
> digit.  How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the
> leading zero?
0
DukeCarey (494)

save as copy option
2 desktops both imaged with the same .gho file; 1 has "save as copy" option under File, the other doesn't. This is when opening the same document from the same source. there is "save" "save as", and "save as copy". I am not familiar with the difference between save as and save as copy, especially on identical installations. any help is appreciated! ...

Text Form Field Options
I have a Text From Field, and I have entered the following options: Type=Number Default Number=empty Maximum Length=3 Number Format=0.00 Entry=empty Exit=empty Bookmark=Text6 Fill-in enabled=checked Calculate on exit=not checked The Maximum Length works as it should, but the Type and Number Format DO NOT. If I enter 12345, I get 1234 in the field. If I enter abcde, I get abcd. If I enter 1234, I get 1234. If I enter abcd, I get abcd. Why isn't my form field formatting the data properly? Thanks... On Jan 2, 4:29=A0pm, iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote: >...

margins for wraping text
I am wrapping text around a picture but the text is wrapping too close to the picture. I've tried to find the answer to this in the Help files but nothing seems to fit the problem. I need to know how to put a little more margin between the picture and the text. Thank you, Sylvia Morris sylviamorris@nc.rr.com Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sylvia Morris" <SylviaMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCA255D0-B06F-4458-AC82-FDC5B74D8CCB@microsoft.com... >I am wrapping text around a picture but ...

Outlook message format issue
I have a very strange problem. I use Outlook 2007 POP3 mail. A co-worker sends me an e-mail with a signature which contains a logo (.bmp), using Outlook 2003. When I receive the message it comes through in text format. I had him do the following test. He sent the same message to another co-worker using Outlook 2007, AND a co-worker using Outlook 2003. Both came through just fine, in HTML format. This leads me to think it is something with my outlook. What's even stranger is that I can receive e-mail from others who have a logo in their signatures just fine. Any ideas?? Mark...

Trouble connecting text boxes
I'm having trouble connecting/linking text boxes that are at the end of a story chain to any new text boxes... any suggestions? nvt What steps are you taking? I've found the Help files do a very nice job of explaining how to link the boxes. Do a search on Autoflow. (I'm not being terse - the Help files really are helpful in this case.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "NVT" <NVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9578D2D8-9478-478A-8180-BA9AA2BA6FEA@microsoft.com... > I'm having trouble connecting/linking text boxes that are...

Running totals for multiple fields
Greetings! Am calculating running totals for multiple fields by week. Does each running total require its own subquery, or can multiple running-total fields be ganged in the same subquery? If able to be ganged, what is the subquery syntax including output field designators? Thanks, George You will need different subqueries to generate multiple columns in a query. It might be easier to do this in a report. In the Sorting And Grouping dialog, you can choose your date/time field on multiple rows, and create groupings by week, by month, by quarter, by year. Alternatively, you can use a ...

Can I Sum by Cell Colour or Format?
I have a large list of values, these values have been colour coded. I would like to sum each of the colours seperately. I know i can add a filter, sort by colour & sum this for each coulour, but am wondering if there is a formula that would do this for me? Ashley, have a look here http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/sum-count-cells-by-color.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ashley" wrote: > I have a large list of values,...

Saving dbf
I am brand new to 2007 but have found I am unable to save a *.dbf file back to a program I was able to do with version 2003. Is there a way around it? That feature went away in xl2007. Some people have posted that they could copy|paste into Access2007 and save that as a .dbf file. Do you own Access 2007? Murph wrote: > > I am brand new to 2007 but have found I am unable to save a *.dbf file back > to a program I was able to do with version 2003. Is there a way around it? -- Dave Peterson No Dave, I kept to the package without Access. Would you expect any problems installin...

Unable to save or save
When I try to save I get an error saying can not save, unable to find idmxl8.xla ...

Saving .xls file as .exe. file
Anyway of saving a .xls file as a executable file. Have VBA code (i.e.PING)that needs to run for several hours and don't want to tie-up EXCEL for other use. Could run VBA code on separate PC, but then someone could start up another sheet and click the 'X' button stopping everything. TIA I don't believe there is any way to compile a VBA Macro. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Tom Rudski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1172401c3f5c9$0693d890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway...

Standard datetime format?
Hi, I have an XML web service which accepts a few datetime values. We have some clients using it who are using different systems (java etc) and they need to know what the standard format for a datetime node should be? Have tried DD/MM/YY but no luck. Anybody know? Thanks, Chris Chris Ashley wrote: > I have an XML web service which accepts a few datetime values. What kind of datatime, the .NET Framework DateTime structure <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDateTimeClassTopic.asp> > We have > some clients using it wh...

Carriage Return in General Text Box?
Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new paragraph, all in one cell. Use Alt+Enter -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:eJmtR4kAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Have a cell defined as GENERAL with wrapped text. How can I put a > carriage return in the middle of my wrapped text and start a new > paragraph, all in one cell. > > ...

File SAVE AS ... use cell value as pasrt of name
It is possible to setup a macro to automatically save (SAVE AS) a workbook and use the value in a specific cell as part of the new file name. You could record a macro when you do a file|saveas and modify it slightly. I got this when I recorded one: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book2.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False If I wanted to use Sheet1, A1 as the holder for the value: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ Filename:="C:\My Do...

Saving Animations in Outlook
Does anyone know why when I try to save an animation or a gif in Outlook it will only save as a bitmap and I lose the animation? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "JenniferDarling1998" <JenniferDarling1998@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EC402E4-C8F2-4939-97FA-303F3926DAD0@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know why when I try to save an animation or a gi...

Exporting the GAL in Exchange 2003 to a .csv
I've just built an Exhange 2k3 site and want to export the GAL. Can someone please tell me how to do this. Use LDIFDE, CSVDE or just add e-mail addresses in ADUC view and export as .txt. Dan small wrote: > I've just built an Exhange 2k3 site and want to export the GAL. Can someone please tell me how to do this. -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com Look at http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imige.htm - IMI GAL Exporter, which exports Mailboxes, DList, Custom recipients and their properties. Regards, Iv "Dan small&qu...

automatically save outgoing mail
How do I set up a folder to automatically save my outgoing mail and/or sent items? Tools->options->email options->Save a copy of outgoing messages. You can also use rules to save items to designated folders based on criteria in the email. If you post your version of outlook, someone can be more specific. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, boggsandfishel_wendy asked: | How do I set up a folder to automat...

FRx row format account labels
Hello: When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to place within the row? What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account that represents several departments--can be "divided" into different departments based on the segment of the account. So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx determine the name for the account. The account description ...

Excel formats
Problem: changing numeric values into text vales then adding a space into the text cell, to take the place of the"," to denote thousands, move the "$" to the end and change the "." to a comma, ex: $1,896,230.00 once changed to a text value becomes "1896230.00", result I require is "1 896 230,00 $" A number of Financial values across multiple spreadsheets require this type of formatting. If this can be done as a macro or formula, that would be most helpful. -- Keith Dore The only thing I can think of is a CASE statement in VBA.........w...

Data in a text box depending on the type of data choosing "text" (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM)
Hi all, If there a way I can have a something on my form that allow me to choose which type of data I will enter into a feild? And whatever the data type entered, the data will appear on my detail section report. I'm explaining, I have form made from a query and that same query came from a table, and have two feilds names in my table which I will like to choose to enter one or the other type od data (i.e. Drop ship) or "a time (.i.e. 05:00 PM) Does anyone have an idea, how this kind of function? can be made. Thanking you in advance for your continuous free support Fred's A...

saving
i have some VB code that i am going to use so that when a user closes the spreadsheet it saves the original "book" and saves a copy "Book1" the next time it saves it will increment to "book2" but also save the original. i'm not sure if this is the right code to use or where to use it. i need to save any changes to a new version initially then each time it is opened and changes are carried out there is a backup copy made of the last version. Also if a backup copy is made the VB code isn't saved with it as that copy could be opened , change and saved...

Limited to save or not save messages?
With Outlook 2003, I wonder if there is a way to prompt whether one wants to save an email before sending? I don't want to save every email I send, but if I uncheck that setting (save to sent items), I will inevitably forget to manually save a key email at some point. My corporate Lotus Notes has this setting, surely it is somewhere within Outlook? Thanks for the direction, Howie ---------- --Howie No, you will need to do it manually. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account wi...

saving new record in subform
The main form is frmCustomers, with a subform subfrmContacts. The subform has custom navigation buttons, cmdAddContact and cmdDeleteContact. On the subform, AllowAdditions = false. When the user clicks cmdAddContact, I set AllowAdditions = true. On the AfterInsert Event, I set the AllowAdditions back to false. If the user clicks cmdAddContact, then types in the info, then clicks cmdAddContact again, it says, "can't go to the specified record." If I click outside the subform, then back in the subform, I can add a record. I need a better solution! Thank you, Steve S...

OL2003 Calendar: Save as Web Page?
Can one generate an easy automated way of saving personal calender as web page? (I OL2000 there is a good vbs script available for automated web page generation from slipstick) http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/webcalpub.htm As the article states the vba code doesn't work on OL2003. Are there available any tools or "easy to use tricks" to automatically handle calendar web page printing from OL2003? (freeware would be nice :) Jerri K�mpe ...

Trying to strip characters from beginning and end of a text string of variable length
Hi all...Great newsgroup this...Please can I ask a newbie question? I have a list like this [John Jane Peter Anne James] [Peter Anne James] [Jane Peter John] I'm trying to strip out the "[" character and the "]" for each row, and I'm afraid I'm stuck...! Sorry, but I'm a real newbie here... Is there any advice on how to do this? Paul, Assuming A1 down, in Bq1 put this formula =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"[",""),"]","") and copy down all rows -- HTH Bob Phillips "Paul Richards" <bach@cprelude.co.uk&...

Changing default for "Save As Type"
I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard drive. when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only". How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so that the attachments are saved with the text message? Thanks for any help, PMAC Not possibl3e. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PMAC" <PMAC@discuss...