save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros?

I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers.  I need
to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by
adding a leading zero.  I have tried using the concatenate function to add
the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one
digit.  How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the
leading zero?
0
Ques (1)

Check your CSV file in Notepad, not in Excel.  Excel will frequently convert
your text representation of a number into a number, even though it likely was
written out to disk with the leading zero

"Ques" wrote:

> I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers.  I need
> to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by
> adding a leading zero.  I have tried using the concatenate function to add
> the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one
> digit.  How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the
> leading zero?
0
DukeCarey (494)

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Suppress Leading Zero
I have a report that is sorted by Floor, Department, then by Room. My floors are 1-12. In order to get them to sort properly I have them in the database as: 01, 02, 03, etc else they sort like this 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, etc. These are showing on my report as: 01, 02, 03, etc and I only want them to appear as a single digit, 1, 2, 3, etc. I tried setting the format to ## but it still shows the leading zero. Any suggestions. Dawn You can wrap the Floor field in the Val() function. This would also aid in sorting since the Val() of 2 would sort before the Val() of 13. ...

text wrap
The text won't wrap anymore in my OE6 emails. The line goes on and on and the scroll bar activates. Sample: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I tried all the fixes available on the web. Tools-Options-Send etc. Nothing works. Do I have to re-install OE? Thanks for any help. Leo Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Expr...

Text only in toolbar buttons
Hi! I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only and no picture? Thanks, Thierry Paradis Set the style property to msoButtonCaption -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Thierry Paradis" <chezmoe200-5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:euoWrjUPGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only > and no picture? > > Thanks, > > Thierry Paradis > > set the style property of the control to msoButtonCap...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

Lose focus on CEdit when mouse click with csplitter active
Could someone explain to me, why when I have a split view with a treeview in one pane and a form in the other pane with cedit controls on it, that when I click on the cedit control I lose focus and then regain focus. This will occur even if the cedit has focus and I click on the cedit again, it will lose focus and the regain focus? View deactiveates and then reactivates, can I stop this? Thanks, EK ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Extract some fields from a Row to a column
Hi! Apreciate your help in advance. This is my problem I have a Database w/ four columns but in my firs column starts row A, Co. Name, RowB Address, Row C Phone #. I Columns # 3 and 4 have their City Name ,State Zip Code respectivibly I'll like to put this rows in columns. Thanks VicV PS From Sunny South Florid -- Vic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- VicV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26266 Hi not really sure how your ...

Saving default tabs

Loop on the On Format event of a report
Hi On a report I have 38 fields Named [AP1], [AP2], [AP3], ......till [AP38] As I don't want to see field when to value = 0 (zero), On the On Format of the Detail of the report I need to put the following code Me.AP1.visible = (me.AP1>0) Me.AP2.visible = (me.AP2>0) Me.AP3.visible = (me.AP3>0) Me.AP4.visible = (me.AP4>0) and so on 38 times. I am lookig for something to simplify the code. Maybe something that would make a loop. But as I am not familiar with routine like that, i would need help thanks Have you looked in Help at the CanShrink property? That may be an eas...

flip a sheet format
Hi, I am looking for a solution where I could change the table in a different format. Any office product solution, Excel or Access or any other tool could be used where the process can be automated (macro, SQL query, etc) I have this table: T1 App1, App2, App3 T2 App4, App5 T3 App6, App7, App8 I want to create this table of the previous table: App1 T1 App2 T1 App3 T1 App4 T2 App5 T2 App6 T3 App7 T3 App8 T3 Thank you for any help Hi The following code should do what you want. Sub ChangeLayout() Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, lr As Long, lc As Long Dim wss As...

Text Box
I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to use the master page for another 100 pages. However the text box will not copied over to 100 pages. So how can I avoid creating text boxes for 100 pages? Please help! -- janet janet <janet@discussion.miscrosoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same > format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to > use the master page for another 100 pages. However t...

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

Save to unProtect a Document?

setting a value to a field for all records
I need to create 'Select All' and 'Unselect All' buttons to put true or false in a yes/no field. Anyone have an idea for the easiest way to iterate through all the records? ...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...