SAVE FILE - PROTECTED MACRO

I have developed a file with a macro which is protected by a password. A
"Save" button with the assigned macro calls the procedure in the macro and
when I am trying to save a file the following message appears

        "You cannot save this file format when the VBA Project is protected

        You may unprotect the VBA Project by......"

What do you suggest I do to save a file with a protected macro? The macro
must be protected, it is very important for me not to allow access to the
macro in totallity.

I am using certain cells' information to name the file

My code looks like this

        ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Anchor\PersLine Quotes\" &
Range("FileName").Value

Tobie

0
insure (3)

I'm guessing that you are trying to save the file in Excel 95 format.  At
least I get the same error message as you're reporting when I manually try
to save a protected VB project in Excel 95 format.  This isn't permitted
since Excel 95 does not support protect projects.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Macro for Sub totaling multiple sheets
I'm having a problem with a sub total macro. I'm in charge of credit and risk management for a company, and we have about 40 sales agents. Our trial balance needs to be dumped from our system into excel, then broken by sales agent. The problem is each sales agent's aging is not equal, as far as the rows go, I cant seem to get a Marco to work properly. I can make a macro say for the first tab, which might have 50 rows of data, but then the second tab may have 200. The macro was only recorded for 50 rows. How can I do a sub total for each sheet, and have it know to proces...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Export drawing to EMF file
Hello, How do I export a drawing to an EMF (or other image type) file using the ActiveX in VB6? I've tried the SaveAs and a file is created but it is empty. TIA Vic ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...