Save Error - How to repair

I have a file that I am trying to save.  Everytime I
select Save I get the following message:

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you
recently added to file data file.xls.
-To return to your workbook without saving click Cancel.
-If you want to continue saving changes without repairing
the problem, click OK.
-For information about repairing the problem, click Help.

When I click Help I get a blank grey box.  How can I find
out what is wrong?

Thanks,
JC
0
jcarlsen (8)

It kind of sounds like you're getting hit with the fact that Excel has a limit
of 4000 different formats in a workbook.

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=213904

Sometimes this pops up when you're opening a workbook.  I've seen posts that say
some people have used OpenOffice to open, reformat, save and not lose their
data.

(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

(Can you format entirecolumns and entirerows instead of cell by cell??)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Run-time error '3075'
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expresssion '[AppInvNum] =' I get the above message running the following code. Basically, I am entering an invoice and then opening another form to apply a credit. This first delete code works when the user quits the invoice entry without a credit applied. This is a case where the user changes mind about invoice entry and, if credit is applied, both the invoice and the application of credit need to go away. 'deletes current job record strSQL = "DELETE FROM [tbl 2 Job] " & "WHERE [InvNum] = " &a...

"User not authenticated" errors
I'm not sure where this problem originates but after I updated my AVG virus checker I can no longer send emails. They all come back with the message "User not authenticated". Is there a setting somewhere in Outlook that would affect this??? Perhaps in the Security section of the Internet Options? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! ...

Uknown error on send attachment.
I have a code in a form command button and a module code to send attachments like .pdf, .doc or other besides an .snp report that is exported previously, but the code does not work, I can't find the reason, can you please take a look at it and advise?.. Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.. Form Code ======================================== Private Sub sendreport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_sendreport_Click If Me.[Path_Loc1] <> "" Then 'Declare file path Dim strfile As String strfile = Me.[Path_Loc1] 'save report as Snap Shot before sendin...

Runtime error 94
runtime error 94 invalid use of null I get this error message everytime I create a matrix item and go into quantity view. The system is running windows Vista but without SP1. I am at a loss as I have tried as much as i can think of, this happens even when i load the RMS sample DB and test it there. Any ideas? ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Outlook and Newgroup Error
I am running Outlook 2002 SP3 on Win2K SP4 machine. Trouble is when I click on News in tool bar I get the C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 folder to open up, no OE to read newsgroups. What is wrong and what do I need to change? Thanks for the help. SMH ...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Error messages produced by vc .exe: win32 error 11
Hello and thanks for helping. I have been developing a program on a win98 computer but then switched to a w2k computer for a while. Now I have to go back to the win98 computer and support the program on other win98 computers. Problem is, when I reinstalled VC++, cleaned then rebuilt all, then executed, the following 2 dialog boxes appeared: 1)"Error starting program" "Program appears to be corrupt" 2) "Microsoft Visual C++" "Incorrect format (win32 error 11)" this same project, when compiled for win98 3 months ago, worked fine. This same project...

ASP 0115 error with OWA and 5.5
All, I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange server. The server is NT4.0 sp6 and exchange 5.5 SP4 Below is the error message. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/USA/root.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. "Jim Potter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043901c3c319$0e773d00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > All, > I recieve this error when trying to log into my exchange > server. > The server is NT4.0 sp6 and excha...

"Unattainable" savings goals

CRM and IE keep shutting down with "send error report" error
This is I believe an IE problem more than CRM but it happens mostly only in CRM and happens 20-30 times a day to the point of complete frustration. I have a CRM client that actually pinned this down to a recent security patch about 4 weeks ago (early August 2006). Anyone know if MS has a solution? -- Thanks, Brian There is a hotfix at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-042.mspx Regards, Chris "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CE5A89-59A3-4893-9CA9-4D3F520E700E@microsoft.com... > This is I believe an I...

RSS Reader error
I have a machine that gets and error, Internet Explorer raised and unhandled exception in hird party module and should be closed, the module is the RSSReader_plugin.dll. Where can I disable the Reader or get a new DLL to fix the problem? Thanks for the help! Ken cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e4649893-50cb-4892-af9b-cf5ad7632a06 Sails157 wrote: > I have a machine that gets and error, Internet Explorer raised and > unhandled exception in hird party module and should be closed, the module > is the RSSReader_plugin.dll. ...

Saving default tabs

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Outlook 2003 Outgoing mail error & workaround
I have very funny problem. Everytime I sent outgoing mails, outlook throws a system error mentioned below. In order to solve this problem, every time before sending outgoing mail, I have to open outlook express and send a dummy message to myself. and then I have sent the email from outlook 2003. It looks very funny. But its really painful. Any light on this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test message Sent: 05/05/2005 3:54 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'me@mydomain.com' on 05/05/2005 3:54 PM ...

eConnect: SqlException: System error
Hi everyone, I'm really running out of patience on this one. I've been using eConnect with an ASP.NET Web Service running on Windows XP for a while now. I need to now get the same Web Services running on IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 Server machine. When I run a VERY SIMPLE eConnect inventory transaction from ASP.NET through a small application that accesses the Web Services I receive this error: System.Enterprises.ServicedComponentException: The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use regsvcs to re-register) ...... as eConnect.TransactionEntryPoint ( b...

Missing or broken reference error in Access 2003 DB
I cant launch a particular .mdb from a server on my pc. I can launch it from any other computer but not this one in particular. WHen opening the DB I recieve the following error:Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file'sapctrl32.dll' version 1.0*To ensure that your database or project works properly, you must fix this reference.Any thoughts on how I can fix the reference problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your effort. You have to install the specified .dll file on the computer that you aretrying to open the d...