Save csv format to dbf format

I have a .csv file with 13 columns of data opened in excel.  I make a
few changes to a field and then want to save to .dbf format.

After saving as .dbf when I open the file only column 1 data is
present.

Any insights into where the rest of the data goes?  Why does the data
disappear?

Thanks,  Mike

--
mdelasaux
mdelasaux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28889

Try using Notepad and open your .dbf file in there to check if th
format is being ccorrectly written but not being correctly read.

--
Bryan Hesse
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Conditional Formatting based on month name
I have a sheet where C2 contains the typed text of a month, i.e. February. Range C4:D14 contains actual dates spanning several months. I would like to highlight the cells that contain the month in C2. I've floundered around for several hours without a solution. Any help? P.S. I need C2 to remain text so it won't change until I change it. -- David Try: Select C4:D14 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings as: Formula Is| =AND(TEXT(C4,"mmmm")=$C$2,C4<>"") Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light brown? >...

SSRS 2008 format on separate lines
In a sql server report 2008, I want a report to show subcategory values as a grouping, but I want not certain how to set it up. The value for state will show up on its own line. The rest of the values under the state, with appear on separate lines, The report would look something like the following: state, record type, status category, sector Nebraksa 15 cat2 ,NE 28 cator5 ,SW 63 statusgo ,N1 Iowa 16 statcat ,DE 28 statblue ,N...

Format a cell to keep leading zeros.
I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I place them in a cell Excel automatically deletes the leading zeros. Is there a way to format the cell to hold the zeros? Use a custom number format of 000000 or as many zero as you need. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E235622A-98EC-46FB-AFA1-89A8790895C0@microsoft.com... >I often deal with account numbers with leading zeros. When I >place them in a > cell ...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

merge catalog -numbers format
I am trying to merge a database that includes numbers with currency format or percentages. Is there any trick to bring the same format to publisher? Thanks Gene Format the field as text... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B746AA0-CB95-4051-BB4B-CF7307D1AA21@microsoft.com... >I am trying to merge a database that includes numbers with currency format or > percentages. Is there any trick to bring the same format to publisher? > >...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Userform Textbox Format Problem
I'm having a problem with the formatting of a textbox on a userform. Basically, I have the text box linked to a cell that shows a percentage. However the text box shows the value in the "Scientific" format. Is there a way that I can make the text box show the value exactly as I have it in my workbook? If not, is there a way to format it so that it appears the way I want it to appear? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could just drop the linked cell (called the controlsource in a userfor...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...