Save as Text File with Semi-Colon delimiter

I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with
a semi colon delimiter.  Can anyone tell me how to do
this?

Many Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

Mark
I don't know if you can do this directly in Excel but it is pretty quick to do it using Excel and Word

1) Save file in Excel as "Text (Tab Deliminated)
2) Close file and select NO on warning message
3) Open text file in Wor
4) If your data was across row 1 then use
       Replace>More>Special>Tab Character and enter ; for "replace with

    If your data was down column A then use
       Replace>More>Special>Paragraph Mark and enter ; for "replace with

5) Select Replace Al

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co

     ----- Mark Talbot wrote: ----

     I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with
     a semi colon delimiter.  Can anyone tell me how to do
     this

     Many Thank

0
anonymous (74719)
1/13/2004 5:51:16 PM
Mark,

One way is to go into your Control Panel and open the Regional
Settings.  Under the Number tab change the List Separator from
"," to ";" and Apply.

In excel choose File -> Save As and in the Save as type field
select "CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)".

It's probably a good idea to change the Regional Settings back
after your done.

Their are other ways involving macros.  If you'd like to get info on
those methods post back.

Dan E