Save as Text File with Semi-Colon delimiter

I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with
a semi colon delimiter.  Can anyone tell me how to do
this?

Many Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Mark
I don't know if you can do this directly in Excel but it is pretty quick to do it using Excel and Word

1) Save file in Excel as "Text (Tab Deliminated)
2) Close file and select NO on warning message
3) Open text file in Wor
4) If your data was across row 1 then use
       Replace>More>Special>Tab Character and enter ; for "replace with

    If your data was down column A then use
       Replace>More>Special>Paragraph Mark and enter ; for "replace with

5) Select Replace Al

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co

     ----- Mark Talbot wrote: ----

     I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with
     a semi colon delimiter.  Can anyone tell me how to do
     this

     Many Thank

0
anonymous (74717)
1/13/2004 5:51:16 PM
Mark,

One way is to go into your Control Panel and open the Regional
Settings.  Under the Number tab change the List Separator from
"," to ";" and Apply.

In excel choose File -> Save As and in the Save as type field
select "CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv)".

It's probably a good idea to change the Regional Settings back
after your done.

Their are other ways involving macros.  If you'd like to get info on
those methods post back.

Dan E

"Mark Talbot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072001c3d9f4$5aa0c880$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with
> a semi colon delimiter.  Can anyone tell me how to do
> this?
>
> Many Thanks

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Text only in toolbar buttons
Hi! I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only and no picture? Thanks, Thierry Paradis Set the style property to msoButtonCaption -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Thierry Paradis" <chezmoe200-5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:euoWrjUPGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I would like to know how to set custom toolbar buttons to display text only > and no picture? > > Thanks, > > Thierry Paradis > > set the style property of the control to msoButtonCap...

Temp Files created on money close ??
Has this problem been addressed yet. I hate that money creates a temp file every time it closes. At least it should use the existing but no it creates a new one each time. In microsoft.public.money, GreyTop wrote: >Has this problem been addressed yet. I hate that money creates a temp >file every time it closes. At least it should use the existing but no >it creates a new one each time. A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant post...

text wrap
The text won't wrap anymore in my OE6 emails. The line goes on and on and the scroll bar activates. Sample: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I tried all the fixes available on the web. Tools-Options-Send etc. Nothing works. Do I have to re-install OE? Thanks for any help. Leo Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Expr...

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Text box in the Bar chart
I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text inside the text box... any guidance please.......its bit urgent You can control the box by right clicking and choosing "Properties." I don't think you can change the text settings - or if there is a way, I haven't found it. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I have inserted text box in the Bar chart. not able to format the text > inside the text box... > any guidance please.......its bit urgent mukund.y -- Select the text inside the text b...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Text-to-speech in Excel X
I've been reading about Excel X having the ability to "read" text in=20 selected cells. Mac has the capability in Text Edit and the PC world = has=20 a "voice" option under the view+toolbars, but Mac doesn't. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Saving default tabs

Text Box
I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to use the master page for another 100 pages. However the text box will not copied over to 100 pages. So how can I avoid creating text boxes for 100 pages? Please help! -- janet janet <janet@discussion.miscrosoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a budget book and majority of pages are in the same > format. I have created a master page with the text box and want to > use the master page for another 100 pages. However t...

Outlook Journal Links to Word or Excel Files
I would appreciate any help to link Word or Excel files to the Activities tab in Outlook Contacts. Thank you. ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

How to show multi-line text on a tooltip(CToolTipCtrl)?
Thanks! You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. --- Ajay Thanks a lot! I used SetMaxTipWidth( 1024 * 8 ) to support this feature successfully. But there is not any official documents from MS I can find to introduce that SetMaxTipWidth can produce this effect. So maybe I wanna do more test on different Window OSes. Thanks again! "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> news:1160827675.832962.264430@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > You can use SetMaxTipWidth and then use \r\n to break lines. > --- > Ajay > You could try this control that Dun...

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...