save as pipe delimited #3

rehan,

thanks for the response, but that is not the solution to my problem.

i am trying to extract data from an excel file onto a data file (csv)
the extract file needs to have the data from the contiguous column
delimited by '|' character, and not space or tab.

thanks,

mac

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

Tab-delimited or CVS report output
If I recall in a previous version of Money I was able to "print" a report to a tab-delimited file. I'm looking into Money 2007, and cannot find that capability. Is there a way to print out either a tab-delimited or comma-delimited Account Balances report in 2007. Thanks, JimW Yes. Be sure and use Advanced Reports. Get the report customized the way you want. There's an Export to Excel choice over to the left. It'll generate ..CSV. There's also a Send to... pullout over there that offers some other choices. There's also an Export and Export to Excel cho...

SQL Table conflicts? 1.2-3.0 upgrade failure?
Hi, I am trying to track down why I cannot upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. Since I know little about SQL could someone please help me understand why there are about a dozen conflicts in both MSCRM and METABASE tables? The conflicts look something like conflict_CRMMetaPub_COMPANY__METABASE_Attribute (about a dozen more) There are a similar entries in the MSCRM table. I have tried going offline/online with all the clients to see if that clears the conflicts. What I find curious is that all the dates are creation dates of July, 2005 when some customizations were done. I get an "Action Mi...

Ranking #3
i have percentages on six sheets of a work book. on the 7th sheet. i want to rank these percentages from lowest to highest. i've tried using the SMALL function but cannot get it t work. here's the formula. any help would be greatly appreciated :confused: =SMALL((cincinnati!L58,atlanta!L59,perimeter!L58,'ston point'!L59,newport!L59),1 -- pkbrav ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pkbravo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1513 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Managing Views in CRM 3.0
I'm looking for a tool with wich i can manage views in CRM 3.0. Now it's a lot of work to create and maintain a consistent set of custom views. For example: the skill levels of our users have to be visible in the Service Calendar. Therefor i created custom fields with 5 levels (none...expert) and in these views users are filtered (filter: show only skill level moderate...expert). Now, when products come and go, i have to create more views. If somebody wants to see an extra column/field, i have to change 24 views now... So: who has some good advice? Thanks, Hans ...

Save and save as

System Mailbox #3
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 server that does not have the System Mailbox. Mailbox store can be accessesd fine by our 250 users but when trying out Spam Solutions we finally figured out the reason they were not working was due to no System Mailbox which is used to fire off the trigger events in the Spam Solution. I am on Exchange 2000 SP3 with Windows 2000 AVD SP4. Any help would be appreciated Ali Are you referring to the System Attendent mailbox? The only way to re-create that mailbox is to create and mount a new mailbox store. Are you using Enterprise? If so, you can create a n...

Saving Images

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 11-21-09
message telling me this application failed yet wont let me update it and keeps telling me to update then says failed again...this has gone on for about a week now... ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

PipeStream (NamedPipe) Read existing Pipe Problem with EndRead/ no timeout
Hi Please help me with System.IO.Pipes; i use this.pipe = new NamedPipeClientStream(".", "S036X", PipeDirection.InOut, PipeOptions.Asynchronous); pipe.Connect(200); to connect an existing Pipe which is provided by an 3rd party Application. Connecting, Writing and reading the pipe works mostly fine. But !! sometimes reading the Pipe blocks my App. I think it happend when the pipe is empty (i can force it reading the pipe right after pipe.Connect(), without sending a command to the pipe- Server) is there a possibility to find out whether data pres...

Match (1 of 3 cell values) in a range?
Wondering if it's possible to achieve the following without using OR's (i.e. via array formula or similar) I have product information in a straight data dump from our point of sale, and a table of categories, suppliers or product groups to exclude from further reports (in a single column list). Such that: D4 = Category E4 = Supplier I4 = Product group I want a response: If the category, or the supplier, or the product group is in the list of exclusions, then response should be "DO NOT REPLENISH" I can do it easily enough with a IF(OR(MATCH(D4......) [3...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

After exporting Contacts, why nothing in BusinessStreet2 and 3?
When I export a set of Contacts from OL2k to an Excel file (using default mapping), the Postcode and City parts of the street address end up in their own columns but all other lines are clumped into a column called BusinessStreet. Two other columns, BusinessStreet2 and BusinessStreet3, that you might think ought to contain the second and third lines (if any) in the address always remain empty. Does anyone know what these fields are for and if it's possible to utilise them? -- David Tong, [Please replace 'invalid' with 'com' to reply]. ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...