Save as Current Date / Time

OK  I'm learning to USE the Record Macro feature on a spreadsheet and I need
the sheet to do two things:

I need to be able to have a macro SAVE the file as the current date/time
using a set formating.

At the moment I have a cell set up for the NOW() command that gets updated
at the beginning of the Macro.  When I go to "Save As" the macro record
feature can't seem to compute that the value in the File Name block is the
value from another cell displaying only the result of the NOW() command.

I'll neet to make a button for it when I'm done.  But I know there's a
tutorial online for the button.

My programming skills are very much in their infancy.  So I don't understand
a whole lot of the lingo.  I do appreciate anyone that's got an idea on how
to make this work.

-Jacob Roecker

See other post.

--

HTH

RP

"Jacob_F_Roecker" <JacobFRoecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK  I'm learning to USE the Record Macro feature on a spreadsheet and I
need
> the sheet to do two things:
>
> I need to be able to have a macro SAVE the file as the current date/time
> using a set formating.
>
> At the moment I have a cell set up for the NOW() command that gets updated
> at the beginning of the Macro.  When I go to "Save As" the macro record
> feature can't seem to compute that the value in the File Name block is the
> value from another cell displaying only the result of the NOW() command.
>
> I'll neet to make a button for it when I'm done.  But I know there's a
> tutorial online for the button.
>
> My programming skills are very much in their infancy.  So I don't
understand
> a whole lot of the lingo.  I do appreciate anyone that's got an idea on
how
> to make this work.
>
> -Jacob Roecker

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

spreadsheet with several row, looking to view one at a time while.
I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, with the top 2 rows frozen to view as I scroll down the list of rows. I would like to bring the rows to meet the frozen information but it is only letting me see every 3rd row instead of each row one at a time. Thanks How are you scrolling? If I scroll with my mouse wheel I get what you describe, but if I scroll with the right scroll bar/arrows I get one row at a time. HTH Otto "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214FF948-D453-4945-9E47-756A86717ABD@microsoft.com... >I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, w...

Run-time error '3075'
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expresssion '[AppInvNum] =' I get the above message running the following code. Basically, I am entering an invoice and then opening another form to apply a credit. This first delete code works when the user quits the invoice entry without a credit applied. This is a case where the user changes mind about invoice entry and, if credit is applied, both the invoice and the application of credit need to go away. 'deletes current job record strSQL = "DELETE FROM [tbl 2 Job] " & "WHERE [InvNum] = " &a...

can TIME values be aggregated?
Hello, Can time values be aggregated? I'm putting together a summary report that will need to show the sum time that something happened. (Employee breaks, for instance.) If break times for 3 employees were "01:00:00", "00:15:00", and "00:12:30" in length, how do I aggregate them to get "01:27:30"? Simply treating them like char values so they can be parsed into integers and added and then divided by 60 doesn't seem like the best way. Thanks, Eric new DBA in '09 wrote: > Hello, > > Can time values be aggregated? ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

Saving Images

Date Query 04-14-10
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could please help me? I have a database table that has a column allocated to the date a person consented to have their details added to the database. What I need is to create a query that displays any date entries and the number of times that particular date has been entered (as many people would give consent on the same date). I then need to add another column that calculates what week that date fell into starting from Week 1 (21st December 2009). The main reason I need this query is to build a chart that displays the amount of consenting people...

vba to check if a file on a server is currently open or in use by someone.
How can I use vba to check if a file on a server is currently in use o open by anyone on the network - and is it possible to see which use has the file open???? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com MS has code here that checks to see if any file is open: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q138621 XL: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open (Q138621) And take a look at WriteReservedBy in VBA's help. I've never used it. Some people say it works ok for them--others say it doesn't. "dovrox <" wrote: > > How can ...

Chart possible of dates vs. pounds?
Hi: Setting up charts are perplexing to me. Attempting to plot weights vs dates (lbs along y-axis; dates along x-axis). Every time I get the chart to display actual dates, the pound data is not displayed. When I get the pound data to display, the dates are always incorrect or displayed as occurrences (days). The dates are formatted as (mm/dd/yr). The pounds are formatted as number (nnn.n). What chart settings are correct to display what I need? Thanks in advance!! -- Best Regards, GBL Կ� GBL... > Hi: > Setting up charts are perplexing to me. > Attemp...

New Mailbox not showing up for some time
I just created a new account in Exchange 5.5 (5 total exchange 5.5 servers). After creating a new mailbox, I go to mhy outlook to try and resolve the name but it s not there. I then try to go into OWA and log into the new account but no luck. After some time it will show up. Why the delay, can anything be done? What's the scheduled time for Directory Replication? Maybe you can do an "Update Now"? -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided &...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Date Question #2
I am creating a worksheet that will last specific dates in column B. In Colum C I want it to just list the month. There is going to be about 20-100 lines for each day, so i guess i want to use a formula that says if b6 = 1/15/2006 then in column c6 put January, etc. Is that possible? Try this formula =IF(B1<>"",TEXT(MONTH(B1),"mmmm"),"") or =IF(B1<>"",B1,"") and format cell as "mmmm" -- daddylonglegs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daddylonglegs's Profile: http://...

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Date Codes
I am trying to use the Pivot table tools to build charts. My date format is 01-Jan-06 and I need to parse the entries as month and year otherwise when I select the date column as an axis for my charts all of the dates are shown. Is there a formula to convert the date column into two new columns one for Month and one for Year to save me from having to manually create the columns? Thanks, Right click a date in the pivot table and select group and show detail, then select group and months and years. That will create 2 columns, one with years and one with months -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

email size is 2 or 3 times larger than original size
the original email document in publisher is 64 k before sending , after sending , the receiver of the email gets a file thats 146k in size, without using the signature in outlook, or sometimes it doubles, triples etc, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...