save as copy option

2 desktops both imaged with the same .gho file; 1
has "save as copy" option under File, the other doesn't.
This is when opening the same document from the same
source. there is "save" "save as", and "save as copy". I
am not familiar with the difference between save as and
save as copy, especially on identical installations.
any help is appreciated!
0
nchessma (1)

copies of songs
How do I keep the media player from copying the songs in my library. I have several copies of each song What version of WMP and Windows? For WMP 10 or 11, you could follow the instructions at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0089.mspx Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk rick22m1981 wrote: > How do I keep the media player from copying the songs in my library. I have > several copies of each song ...

cannot save modified file with the same filename
I recently bought a new system with Win7 Home Premium and Word 2007. I copied all of my address files (.doc) over to the new system. I notice that when I open one of these .doc files and change it I cannot save it back to the same filename. The Save As dialog box repeatedly pops up until I either cancel the save or save the document with a different name. I can always save the document with a different name and then delete the original file and rename the newly saved file. Once the file is changed I have no problem changing that file again and saving it. This only happens on the ...

Save & Install Add-In with VBA
I'm trying to write code to save an activeworkbook as an addin and then install the addin just saved. Can anyone help me with this? This seemed to work ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim myAddin As AddIn Dim myPath As String Dim myFileName As String myPath = "C:\my documents\excel\" myFileName = "book1.xla" Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook If wkbk Is ThisWorkbook Then MsgBox "not this workbook!" Exit Sub End If With wkbk .IsAddin = True Appl...

Subform changes to totally different subform upon save!
This is a very strange one. I have several forms attached to this form, [service orders]. There are several subforms (5 to be exact) -- Subforms for: Customer Address, SO line Items, Machine/Group Subform, and a couple other subforms. When I save the main from, [service orders], the SO Line items subform changes to the Service Orders form, and, because it's trying to reference itself, it just shows blank. If you open the form in design, and type the correct name of the subform, it suddenly displays correctly. You can even pop it into Edit mode! You can change records, and ...

Copy and paste from levels
I recorded temperatures every 15 minutes for four months, and I need to use the minimum daily temperatures for statistical calculations. I used the Subtotals tool to find the min value for each day, and seperate the data into layers. However, now that I have the list of data I need, I can't figure out how to use it. If I try to copy and past just the min values to another page, the numbers change, even if I use "paste special", "values". Can anybody help me please? Thanks After pasting the value using pastespecial>>values, Check both cell ...

Save Text from CEdit box?
Can someone give me some tips or point me to a tutorial to save the text from a CEdit box to a file(txt file)? I've spent a lot of time on this already with no solid results. Thanks. > Can someone give me some tips or point me to a tutorial to save the text from > a CEdit box to a file(txt file)? I've spent a lot of time on this already > with no solid results. > Something like: void SaveTextFromCEdit(CEdit* pEdit, CString fileName) { ASSERT_VALID(pEdit); CString str; pEdit->GetWindowText(str); CStdioFile file; if((str.GetLength() > 0) && file.Open...

Resolution when doing a Save As gif or jpg
I'm trying to save an org chart that fills an 8X10 sheet of paper as a GIF or JPG image to be displayed on a web page. I don't really understand all the options I have when I do a save. It looks to me like I should be able to specify a resolution or an image size but when I pick a high resolution that seems to control the image size. How can I get a high resolution and a smaller image size so the image fits an 800X600 screen and has a resolution good enough to be able to read the text? Thanks Sherry, When you get the nice Export dialog for .jpg or .gif, select Resolution = Scr...

Odd Excel 2007 behavior: copied chart linked to source sheet
Hi all, I'm finding that Excel 2007 has a strange behavior when it comes to copying sheets that contain Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts. Let's say that on Worksheet A, I have a Pivot Table A and Pivot Chart A that is linked to it. If I change Pivot Table A, Pivot Chart A will change to reflect. So far, so good. Now, let's say I COPY Worksheet A to Worksheet B. Now I have Pivot Table B and Pivot Chart B on the new worksheet. Problem: Pivot Chart B is STILL LINKED to Pivot Table A! If I change Pivot Table A, both charts change! If I change Pivot Chart B, neither chart ...

Access Upgrade Options
I am currently using Office97 Professional on a Windows98 PC. I live in the UK. I have been using Access97 quite happily but have decided that perhaps it's time to upgrade. However, I only wish to upgrade Access97 and not any of the other Office97 components. I've had a search on the Microsoft web site but still cannot find the information I need. Perhaps somebody could answer these questions:- Is it possible to upgrade only the Access component of Office97 without affecting other components? What is the latest (available) version of Access that I can upgrade to from Access97? ...

Copying Query Results into a Table
Hi, I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as the Query? Thanks Ange Kappas wrote: > I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing >Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain >criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as >the Query? Try changing the query to an Append query (using the Query menu...

Multiple Copies of emails
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I am getting multiple copies email from my account with Bellsouth. None of my other accounts have this problem. For some reason Outlook does not remove the email from Bellsouth's server. I made sure that the "Retain copy of mail on Server" box was not checked. I have talked to two Bellsouth tech's and they say it is a software problem. I did not have this problem with Outlook XP, nor do I have it with Outlook Express. Try creating a new mail profile and deleting the old one -- there seem to be a lot of issues with using an ...

Saving Selected Font Colors
Is there anyway to save font colors instead of having to go back to the color wheel each time you want to use a color that is not already predefined?...The colors I use on a regular basis are not those that are "standard"... I believe this option was available in earlier versions, but seems to have disappeared with 2007. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated If you have defined your own theme or have used the color in the document, they will show under "Theme Colors" or "Recent Colors". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Conf...

Copy all outgoing and incoming messages
How do I go about copying or archiving all incoming and outgoing messages to a specific mailbox? I know I can do all incoming messages under delivery options in the exchange general tab of the user in active directory and specify the mailbox account for all incoming messages to be forwarded here, but not outgoing... is it something easy I'm missing? I only have one exchange server, a 2000 advanced server running exchange 2003. Thanks for any help! Chris Kyriacou wrote: > How do I go about copying or archiving all incoming and outgoing messages to > a specific mailbox? I k...

Saving custom number format
1) I am trying to save a custom number format for e.g. ###,###,000.000 But when I open a new file this format is not available. Why doesn't it gets saved? (excel 2002) 2) My home computer has recently been upgraded to the latest version of excel. But I used to hit Alt + F and then C to close a file in earlier versions. This no longer works! I have to hit Enter key after pressing the "C". Is it a bug? or am I missing something? Shantanu Oak Custom formats are saved with the workbook. To have these available for all new workbooks, save a blank workbook with the custom formatti...

Saving jpg to Iphoto
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I save jpg files sent to me in an attachment directly to iphoto. I have tried to drag them over, but doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? thanks.... On 2010-05-07 16:16:49 +0100, wrm@officeformac.com said: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I > save jpg files sent to me in an attachment directly to iphoto. I have > tried to drag them over, but doesn't seem to work. What am I doing > wrong? thanks.... Use my script 'Add JPEG to iPhoto' a...

Save file in XL97 and 2003
Hiya people!, I wrote a little Macro that simply saves the workbook when a user clicks a button Using ActiveWorkbook.Save This was done in XL2003. I emailed into work for my work mate to start using. Now when they use the save function instead of just saving it pops up a message saing that it was written in a different version and may not save correctly etc dialog box. hmmm ... not to much of a problem as even if they continued it saved the data anyway, just the box is anoying. So I added application.displayalerts = false ... the box does not come up but the data is not sav...

Macro help to shorten "Save As" for emails
In a perfect world I would be able to create a macro that looks at an email (like a rule does) and "Save As" to a file folder on our server (not an exchange folder). I've done a search in this newsgroup to no avail. One person asked but they were using Express. I have Outlook 2003. Any suggestions, code you can share or links you can recommend? Thanks to all. scrowley@littleonline.com At its most basic, a VBA procedure you could run as a rule action in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to save the message as an .msg file could be: Public Sub SaveAsSomething(MyMail as MailItem) ...

Getting word to NOT save in the IE CREATOR TAG
Try saving a file as a web page in Word and then having to MANUALLY change the open with tab to Safari or FireFox. This is a PAIN. Why did MS do this when they know that IE is DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD on the Mac? Macs have for ages used TYPE/CREATOR tags and MS still thinks that IE has life on the Mac when it has been dead for ages. In Mac 9 there was a program where one could change type/creator tags in the finder but cant remember the name. John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If...

How to copy Cell From a Computer in My Network
Hello i need information in Cell A3 in My network , that Cell Update every 60 Sec Say My Network is 'Finance' & the Computer that i want to Copy Information From is 'Laptop3' Name Of that Work Sheet is 'Support' is that Possible to do ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Pivotrend wrote: > * > is that Possible to do ? * --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ not possible is it? : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Opening a saved Merged document
I am using Mail Merge to save documents and after I have merged and saved the document, it still prompts for "opening this document will run the following SQL command" ... "Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to continue?" It doesn't matter whether you click yes or no the document comes up and it is no longer connected to the database, which is what I want, however, the question is how do I save this document without the prompt for the SQL command being shown each time the document is opened? See "Opening This Wil...

Server 2008 R2 offsite backup copy question
Hello! I recently set up my first 2008 server for a client (it is 2008 R2). While deciding the best method of doing her backups so she can have local/offsite backups, I currently have the 2008 backup going to a shared folder on her primary server (unfortunately **still** SBS 2000...yes, you read that correctly!), which is then backed up by Backup Exec to tape along with everything else on the SBS 2000 server. She takes the tapes off site every day. I'd prefer to have the 2008 back up to USB or NAS disk, then copy to another USB for offsite backups, swapping out the seco...

Sending and saving appointments
In OL 2003 I have never had much trouble sending appointments as Icalendars from one OL 2003 profile to another--until now. The appointments are showing up in the target e-mail account okay. I usually open them and then click Save and they get added to my calendar. Not now. If they are saved I have no idea where. I used to save the vCard and calender items like this to a folder and then import them into OL. But my appointments are given the *msg suffix . Any suggestions? I now realize that I may have hit the wrong item in the process of forwarding the iCalendar. Whe...

Copy of Cells if
I got help with this in the past. But I need more help. What I need to do is only copy cells in columns A-H if column 24 has an X in it. This is what I have so far. Thanks in advance for your help. Joe Sub test() Dim r1 As Range Dim r2 As Range Dim L As Long Worksheets("scheduled").Activate For L = 1 To 65536 If Cells(L, 24).Value = "X" Then Set r1 = Worksheets("scheduled").Range("A:H") Set r2 = Worksheets("test").Range("A:H") r1.copy r2 Exit Sub Else End If Next End Sub -- jkrist46 Sub test() Dim r1 As Range Dim r2 As Ra...

Save Excel book as Html Page Using Macro
Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/02/2006 by rulebr ' ' With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Brady Standard Quote 7.2.06_23158") .HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic .Publish (False) End With End Sub Ive recorded the following macro to save my worksheet as a html page. Ive created a button and that works fine. Is there a way I can get tricky with the name of the file it creates. Basically I would like the file name to contain a number that increments every time the macro is pressed. Id also like it to contain the date, and the com...

Word Hangs when copying text
I am having an issue with copying text between Office X 11.1 apps (Running OS X 10.3.8). If I copy a table from excel into word, no matter the size of the table word hangs (spinning ball) and will not recover, force quit will not work, a restart is the only thing that stops it. Also copying from Word (notebook view) into PowerPoint also causes the same thing. I have tried deleting the office preferences, repairing permissions, disk repair, etc. Nothing seems to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks David I guess it isn't Office X, 11.1 is Office 2004 I guess. David...