save a new number format for other worksheets

when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how
do i save it
Jerry Austin

Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost -
how
> do i save it
> Jerry Austin

0
phillips1 (803)

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

Adding a new menu on the Worksheet menu bar
I tried to adapt J.Walkenbach code to add a menu item on Workbook_open but I get the following error on "HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls ("Help").Index" Run-time Error '91' Object variable or with block variable not set Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim HelpIndex As Integer Dim NewMenu As CommandBarPopup ' Get Index of Help menu HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls("Help").Index ' Create the control Set NewMenu = CommandBars(1) _ .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, Before:=HelpIndex, Temporary:=True) ' ...

SSRS 2008 format on separate lines
In a sql server report 2008, I want a report to show subcategory values as a grouping, but I want not certain how to set it up. The value for state will show up on its own line. The rest of the values under the state, with appear on separate lines, The report would look something like the following: state, record type, status category, sector Nebraksa 15 cat2 ,NE 28 cator5 ,SW 63 statusgo ,N1 Iowa 16 statcat ,DE 28 statblue ,N...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Opening Doc's in a new Window
Hi, Currently when I am viewing a spreadsheet in excel and I want to open a different spreadsheet they open in the same window which I find awkward. I would prefer for the 2nd spreadsheet I open to start a new instance of excel so I can flick between the two on the taskbar. Is there a setting that controls this?. I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. Thanks Paul Paul, Tools - Options - View, Windows in Taskbar -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's ...

Task Hierarchy Messed up after creating new Task
Hi, We use Project Server 2007 (with SP1 and Infrastructure Update). Recently 2 PMs have complained that their Task Hierarchy was messed up after making relatively minor modifications to their projects like adding a task, saving and reopening. The symptom is that leaf tasks have been re-parented to other parent tasks + empty rows showed up. Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a way to solve this? ashwin ...

Saving Images

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...

New Mailbox not showing up for some time
I just created a new account in Exchange 5.5 (5 total exchange 5.5 servers). After creating a new mailbox, I go to mhy outlook to try and resolve the name but it s not there. I then try to go into OWA and log into the new account but no luck. After some time it will show up. Why the delay, can anything be done? What's the scheduled time for Directory Replication? Maybe you can do an "Update Now"? -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided &...

make new table
i have the follow problem, i have a table like this in excel worksheet... i have in collums the number of the days of one month 1,2...31, each day have / occupies 3 different collums beneath with values and the same patern for all the days, the problem is that i don't have all the fields filled with numbers but some, now i want to collect those numbers and make a new table that contains the numbers...... how i can do it? (at the A collum every row have a different name) i don't know how to describe it better but for simplicity for each row i want to have the values of every of the 3 c...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Row Formatting #3
Hi All, How can I format a complete row or range automatically, depending on Cell value or comparison between 2 values at different cells. ? Conditional formating is doing this just for one cell only and depending on the value of this cell. Any solution. -- ********* IT Manager DeLaval Ltd. Cairo-Egypt ********* |-----------------------------| |Islam is peace not Terror| |-----------------------------| Hi conditional formating can do this as well: - select the row (e.g. row 1) - goto Conditional Format dialog - enter the following formula =$A1>1 - choose your format This will for...

Save to unProtect a Document?

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

Save csv format to dbf format

merge catalog -numbers format
I am trying to merge a database that includes numbers with currency format or percentages. Is there any trick to bring the same format to publisher? Thanks Gene Format the field as text... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B746AA0-CB95-4051-BB4B-CF7307D1AA21@microsoft.com... >I am trying to merge a database that includes numbers with currency format or > percentages. Is there any trick to bring the same format to publisher? > >...

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

Daylight Savings Time #2