Same Text on Multiple Worksheets

I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text
to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook.
Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original
worksheet.
--
PB

You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet.  It may
be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done.

=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)
can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1.

This is nice for titles.

But if you have a key unique value in a column, you may be able to use
=vlookup() or =index(match()) to return a value from a cell in that same row
based on that key column.

You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html  (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html  (for =index(match()))

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You can use formulas that point to any cell on that original worksheet.  It may
> be a pain to set it up the first time, but once it's done, it's done.
>
> =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)
> can go in any sheet in any cell to retrieve the value from A1 on sheet1.
>
> This is nice for titles.
>
> But if you have a key unique value in a column, you may be able to use
> =vlookup() or =index(match()) to return a value from a cell in that same row
> based on that key column.
>
> You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html  (for =vlookup())
> and
> http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html  (for =index(match()))
>
> Brennan wrote:
> >
> > I need to enter text into certain fields on a worksheet and I want that text
> > to repeat automatically on other worksheets in the same workbook.
> > Cell references on the other worksheets are not the same as the original
> > worksheet.
> > --
> > PB
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Sales Order Transaction Window
Does anyone enter a single sales order with lines shipping from multiple locations to multiple ship to addresses? Are there any known issues? -- Eric Powers Eric, None that I can tell. The behavior is the same as entering a SOP shipping out of one location to multiple customer locations. Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://maximumglobalbusiness.com "Eric Powers" wrote: > Does anyone enter a single sales order with lines shipping from multiple > locations to multiple ship to addresses? Are there any known issues? &g...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Multiple Interest Rates- Same Credit card account
I am trying to figure out how (if possible) can I set several different interest rates according to purchase type within the same credit card account. (example: AMEX Blue: purchases = 8.98% / Balance transfers = 3.9) Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? It directly impacts my debt planner plan. I don't think you can do it directly with Money/ the DRP. You might want to consider whether it's too much hassle to tell Money a computed rate. You could simply figure the amount of the balance likely to be from the transfers and the amount of the balance likely to be from the pu...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

how to delete an excel file? how to e-mail a worksheet?
I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file and the file name.I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86814A5C-48B9-48D1-8082-8A15479B4000@microsoft.com > I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file > and the file name. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder the file is in, highlight the file, press delete. > I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. Two options:- With the file open, go to Edit-Send to or, in yo...

How to set concurrent multiple user access on MS Access 2003?
The database is on our central file server. Individual workstationshave MS Access 2003 licences. I created an access level security with1 administrator and multiple users with differing rights (e.g. can addrecords, can't delete). Current problem is that only 1 user (whetheradmin or regular user) is in the database, no one else can get in toupdate or even view the records. How can I change the settings toallow concurrent access? Thanks....

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Outlook with multiple personalities?
I have a question. I am a small business owner, with 3 different businesses. Each business is uniquely different and each has its own web site. I run Outlook 2003 (PST files - No Exchange Server) and I receive all my emails. I have an extensive folder structure and rules setup to organize my emails, and all is good there. But when I reply to an email, I would like to select the personality that I want to use for the reply. What I mean by this is that I want to be able to have a unique signature, from address and reply to address set based on what company I am acting on behalf of for the ...

city, state, zip from a single cell to multiple cells
I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same cell. Is there a way to split the city, state and zip into three seperate cells? I have a large data base and do not want to do each one at a time. have a look at selecting the column>data>text to columns> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "wjs2002" <wjs2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1826DE1F-C1B5-432A-99E5-53AEE432A5C9@microsoft.com... > I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same > cell. Is there a way to split the ci...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...

userform to update multiple sheets
I'm updating a sheet from a userform. I need to populate a second sheet (2010) within the same workbook with the same data. What is the easiest way to go about this? I tried to put a code in to copy the entire row but kept coming up with an error. Thank you. Set Wbk = Workbooks("Reworklog") Sheets("2006-2010").Select Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0) = Me.TBRecDate LastRow.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbSN LastRow.Offset(1, 11) = Me.TBreject LastRow.Offset(1, 16) = Me.cboDisposition 'Clear ...