same screen view

I have set up a spreadsheet to fit so all information can be seen on the
screen without scrolling. When I e-mail the file to another user, the sizing
is different so that they must scroll up and down as well as left to right.
Is there a way to lock the screen view so that no matter what machine opens
the file, the same area can be seen?

You could use a macro that runs when the recipient opens the workbook, but that
user has to allow macros to run.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
    Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1:l33"), scroll:=True
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = True
    Application.Goto Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True
End Sub

It's essentially just selecting the range and using View|Zoom|Fit selection

--

Dave Peterson
0

 Declare Function GetSystemMetrics32 Lib "user32" Alias _
 "GetSystemMetrics" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

 Sub Resolution()

   x = GetSystemMetrics32(0)
   y = GetSystemMetrics32(1)
 MsgBox x 'use this number for your select statement to set resolution.
'   MsgBox "My screen resolution is " & x & " by " & y & "."
 End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"frendabrenda1" <frendabrenda1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have set up a spreadsheet to fit so all information can be seen on the
> screen without scrolling. When I e-mail the file to another user, the
sizing
> is different so that they must scroll up and down as well as left to
right.
> Is there a way to lock the screen view so that no matter what machine
opens
> the file, the same area can be seen?

0
Don

Shift+Insert does not paste into edit control on CFormView derived view
Hi, I have an edit control on a form view. The problem is that pasting of clipboard content does not seem to work with Shift+Insert key combo. There is no problem with pasting when using context menu. If I test the underlying dialog from IDE resource editor then Shift+Insert works fine. The Shift+Insert combo also works fine with other dialogs in the app. This problem can be easily illustrated by creating a simple SDI app with a form view and then dropping an edit control onto the form. Is this an expected behaviour? Thanks, Bogdan "Bogdan" <bogdan@domain.com> wr...

Printing Monthly calendar view in OUtlook 2007
I wrote with this question recently but cannot find it in the group now. Nor was I ever notified of a response. I want to print more lines per day (more of my appointments) in the monthly calendar view. I am printing 2 months on a page of legal paper. It currently prints 5 lines per day (using Arial 6 point font) where Outlook 2003 printed 7 lines. Is there any way to adjust this? The progam seems to self adjust to 6 weeks of calendar per monthly page instead of the previous 5 weeks. -- Fr. Kurtis Gunwall Do you have the latest updates installed? There was a problem wit...

Outlook Web Access
Hi Can anybody help me with some simple instructions on how to customise the login screen on Outlook Web Access...? I've found a number of "planetary" explanations, but if there are any simple ones out there..?, that would be great... Any help apprciated Colin (PS - I'm okay with Frontpage..) ...

why does my screen keep freezing up on me
every so often my screen freezes,after about 20 or 30 seconds it comes back on, anyone know how to resolve this? Do you see anything on the status bar (bottom of Excel Window) like "Saving Files" Unfortunately Excel will not do this when you are away from your PC but waits for you to do something in Excel before checking to see if it is time to save -- in other words when you are busy. Tools, Autosave (bring up the item) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Can I change 'Filter On' field in Activity list view?
Does anyone know how to change the default filtered Activity records records from "Next 30 days" to one of the other options?.... "Next 7 days" for example? ...

How to stop screen so i can read blue screen message
Hi, I have XP pro and it has started to keep on rebooting at start up with a flash of a blue screen message which I can't read as it is so fast. It boots up with the Windows logo screen and the blue lines showing it working for a few seconds but then it goes black and then the blue screen flashes and it then reboots to the same thing again. How can I read that blue screen and how can I see what it wrong and fix it. Thanks oz "rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message news:#bLvKtrpKHA.5760@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have XP...

Screen Size
How do I get my webpage to automatically resize to fit everybodys screen? Thanks, Scott By using a percentage width in your body table rather then a fixed width. Something you can only do with a actual html editor/web design tool. Publisher has zero support for this. This is covered in the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Scott" <scott.tuttle@delta.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c4d8ca$15508b50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get my webpage to automatically resize to ...

Splash Screen & Login Screen
Is there any way to modify the images on the Splash Screen, or the Login Screen to make it more branded to our company? Thanks! ...

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

Access 2007 crashes on pivot table / chart views
I have recently received a pc with windows xp pro and office 2007 installed and I just can't get any pivot table or pivot chart to work!!! All seams to be working fine except this. The queries return data, but when I change the view, it always crashes! I tried to view pivot tables on simple data tables and it simply crashes also! can you help me, please??!! I forgot to mention, I have SP1 installed. I already tried to reinstall and test it before installing SP1, but the problem persists... Please, help me on this!... "Sandro Santos" wrote: > I have recently received a ...

Switching between tree view and list view
Hello out there, I need to display hierarchical data - somewhat similar to a file system. There will be lots of items (10.000 or more). Here is what the users want: - Display as a tree (since its hierarchical), - but also optionally display as flat list with a text search option, - and the possibility to switch between the 2 views while keeping the current position. The idea behind these requirements is as follows: - For users who are well aquainted with the structure of the data the treeview will probably be the most efficient way to locate the item of interest. - For others whi...

Windows 7 upgrade Blue Screens my laptop. Maybe because of ATI?
Laptop's a Gateway NV52 with Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I'm upgrading to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I ran the Upgrade Advisor and it told me to uninstall ATI Catalyst Install Manager, which I did. I put in the upgrade disk, and after Phase 1 (3 total phases), it had to restart to begin Phase 2. After the Gateway logo screen, it blue screened on me. The error code was 0x7b. It didn't even do the whole mini dump thing it usually does when it blue screens. It never even makes it to the Welcome scene (where the green bar is loading on the black screen, not the Vista wel...

Excel 2002 Changes Screen Resolution
When Excel 2002 launches, it changes the screen resolution to 640x480. How do I get it to stop this? That's new one! Just to be sure that it is Excel, and not something that is loading with Excel, from Start->Run enter "Excel /s" (no quotes) and press Enter. This is "safe mode" where nothing extra runs. If it doesn't happen then you know it's an add-in or something auto-loading from ,say, XLSTART. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Sheila B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c7401c42d7e$a9db5770$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

Touch Screen Department & Categories
I have a need to setup Touch Screen in RMS. But I need to be able select a Department and then have an additional prompt of a catagory. Right now the way RMS works is you can only have RMS setup so you can see all Departments but then that gives you a long list of every item in that department. We want to break it down into further sub-groups. I know that RMS doesn't do this out of the box but if any one has any ideas on how to accomplish that woule be great. David We have an RR Touch module that will do this for you and more. Contact me if you wish to try this. Afshin Ali...

Subform Not Displaying Datasheet View
Hello, I have an unbound subform contained in one tab of a 2 tab control. When the subform is requery'd after using the RecordSource property, it is displayed in a form format rather than a datasheet format. Any suggestions on how to format properly? Thanks in advance for your assistance. aerotjk Hi, Check that you set default view of sub form to datasheet. -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "AEROTJK" <AEROTJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C233C15B-2510-49CB-A8F2-...

Problems with viewing and creating Data analysing views
Hi In Project server 2007 we have following costruction: Domain 1 a project server installation with PWA site... From Domain 1 we can access the analysing services DB and therefor se and create Data analysing views. Domain 2 access with forms users (also testet with adomain user) From domian 2 we cant access the analysing services, get an error when trying to view or create data analysing views site is trusted and access data across domains are enabled. -- Torben Nielsen Toni: Forms Authentication doesn't support the use of the Analysis cubes as this req...

POS screen is invisible
Our POS froze the screen was restarted and for some reason the user name and password entry box was in the upper left hand corner of the screen and once logged in the POS screen is invisible. We can still scan in items but we can not see what we are doing. We are in the middle of a huge holiday with no POS screen to work from. Help. We have restarted the company 5 times and no change. We can access the Manager with no problem. James Harris Harris & Clark - thoughtful Grocery and Food School www.harrisclark.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_0...

To view GAL in Head office exchange
Hi all, We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link through VPN. Appreciate all help Thank you !! =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1AC2966D-4656-43FB-8B3E-191EFD856EF0@microsoft.com: > We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the > users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. > > Regional offices h...

Switching problem between dialog and view
Hello, I have a CFormView.I need a menu for my chile window seperately. So on my view I attached a dialog which has a menu. When I click on view, the dialog appears to be grayed, but when clicked on dialog the menu appears to be enabled. The same is the case with view, it appears to be grayed when clicked on dialog(i.e menu on dialog). Is there any way to make the dialog appear as enabled always irrespective of the focus on it? can anyone please help me to solve this? Thanks Madhavi ...

Print Screen using dual screens?
I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity! If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other screen? Al Al wrote: > I have recently set up to use dual screens.....this is great for productivity! > > If I now do a PrtScn, however, I get the screen shot of both monitors. Is > there any clever way of achieving the screen shot only of one, or the other > screen? > > Al By design, as it has always been with ...

Full screen mode in Word Office doesn't work
Good morning or evening Since I downloaded the new version of MAC OS X Snow Leopard I can't make the "Full screen" mode work for my Word Office files. May be it has nothing to do and I missed that they cancelled the Full screen mode. Does somebody knows? Thanks a lot for your feedback Constance Hi Constance, is the option still there under View>Full Screen? Mind you, full screen mode in Word is very underwhelming at best; it does not hide the other applications, as Pages and many other applications do, but only maximises the screen space occupied by the document window...

screen shot
I would like to have a screen shot for my data entry form only. I tried to use ALT+ PrtSc key press to catch the screen. It seems to copy all the Access application, not the data entry screen. I found the help file that it says ALT + PrtSC can capture active Windows. It seems that it considers the whole Access application is an active Windows, but not Data Entry Form. Is it because Access MDI applciation that screen capture consider it is one Windows? Are there any work around for capture one active Windows for MDI appicaltions like Access? Your information is great appreciated, ...

Splash screen shows flashing cursor
When I enter text in a UserForm, upon execution, the splash screen shows a blinking cursor at the end of the first row of text. I cannot seem to find a way of deleting the cursor. Are there any suggestions (and possible steps) up for suggestion? Thanks for any help that can be offered. Michael Typically, a splash screen is used to display introductory information for a few moment before the rest of the program is displayed. I assume you made a splash screen and use it as such. The blinking cursor only shows when there is a text entry control available. Normally, splash screens do no...

access screens
I want to setup access that will have 'screens' where users can enter car loan application information. I want this information to be saved in access once the save button has been hit. I want this data to connect to a .net WCF server and/or a service broker application that is hosted on a sql server 2005 database. Can you tell me if this feature is available in access? Would this be like a 'hyperlink'? If this feature is available in access, can you tell me how to accomplish this task? Also if this kind of a feature is available, can I email an access database that...

Screen coordinates, GetWindowRect(), dialog units, and screen resolution
I'm trying to solidify my conception of screen coordinates, GetWindowRect(), dialog units, and screen resolution Do the screen coordinates returned by GetWindowRect() always match (or sometimes match) your screen resolution? (ie. if you are set at 1024x768, will GetWindowRect() for a fullscreen window always return 1024x768 How do dialog units come into play with this Do you have to make sure to set something properly in a DC (or compatible DC) so that it matches/converts dialog units to pixels or vica versa Thank you. Gotchya. Thank you, Scott. Yasoo wrote: > I'm trying to ...