Same format using =

I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific
font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the
formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value
? thnks
0
stabilo (6)

Stabilo,

Select A1
Edit-Copy
Select A5
Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK

Hope this helps

Pete

"stabilo" wrote:

> I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific
> font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the
> formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value
> ? thnks
0
PeterRooney (105)
6/14/2005 3:13:03 PM
copy cell A1, paste special formats onto A5.

"stabilo" <stabilo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a
specific
> font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the
> formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its
value
> ? thnks

0
rumlas (268)
6/14/2005 3:13:32 PM
oops sorry I was not clear. In fact it is a rather complex spreadsheet and it
has to be on a formula

"Peter Rooney" wrote:

> Stabilo,
>
> Select A1
> Edit-Copy
> Select A5
> Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Pete
>

> "stabilo" wrote:
>
> > I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific
> > font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the
> > formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value
> > ? thnks
0
stabilo (6)
6/14/2005 3:29:02 PM
stabilo

Formulas cannot format cells.  They can only return values.

You could use Conditional Formatting or VBA

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:29:02 -0700, "stabilo"
<stabilo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>oops sorry I was not clear. In fact it is a rather complex spreadsheet and it
>has to be on a formula
>
>"Peter Rooney" wrote:
>
>> Stabilo,
>>
>> Select A1
>> Edit-Copy
>> Select A5
>> Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Pete
>>

>> "stabilo" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific
>> > font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the
>> > formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value
>> > ? thnks

0
Gord

negative number format

How to convert #N/A to 0 using Match?
Hi - - Here is my formula. What changes do I need to make to return a "0" instead of "#N/A"? =INDEX('Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$875, MATCH("0120 Count",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$A$875,), MATCH("Counts",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$1,)) Try testing your formula with ISNA() =IF(ISNA(your_formula), 0, your_formula) If you are using Excel 2007 try =IFERROR(your_formula,0) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wildwood" <Wildwood@discussions.micro...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Using F4 for charts and sorting
Excel 2007 - I would love for some of the F4 features to return to charting and sorting. For example, if I change the y-axis measurement scale on a column chart I want to be able to hit F4 on the next chart to make the same change. If I custom sort a list, I want to hit F4 on the next list and have it sort the same way. Have these updates been made? Nope. I hope they make it into the next release (Office 14), but we won't see them in 2007. One of the main reasons I don't use 2007 for anything important is un-features like the lack of F4 capability make me much less efficient...

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Using Offset
if i have A1 through A5 containing 5,8,8,3,2 and add a new value each day going straight down like A6 = 7 for tomorrow, if i want cell B1 to return the value of the last cell in column A, how can i get OFFSET to find the last value entered in column A? Scott You can do it without using OFFSET if you wish. If values are numeric per your example......... =MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns row number of last numeric cell in column A =ADDRESS(MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A),1) returns address of last numeric cell in column A =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns the last valu...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Problem using AcitveSync WM5
Hi, everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certificate from third party. OWA works fine and recognizes certificate. I have installed certificate on the WM5 ipaq. But when I am trying to sync I am getting error 0x80072f0d The security certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange Server administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server. Can anyone point what is wrong ? Thank you On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:37:19 +0100, "Nos" <nera@nera.com> wrote: >Hi, >everyone I have WM5 device and th company have bought SSL certifica...

Operation failed using contacts in mass email
Hello, When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting operation failed in Outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. .. How many contacts are you trying to send to ? Might be the ISP limiting you. Are these a list or direct emails ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "acaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182d01c3dfb2$f7d65f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting > operation failed in Outlook 2000. > Any help is appreciated. > . > > Actually I a...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

question about using the offset function
Is there a way to use the offset function (or another function) as a way to supply an expanding range to other functions like 'average'? For my purposes, there may be multiple series of numbers within say a column, with each 'series' (i.e. set of contiguous rows) separated by a few blank cells. The objective of the function would be to supply a limited set of numbers (which can expand) to the function whose result is the main interest. For example, within column D, I might have rows 5-10 representing adult male fish weights, rows 15-20 representing adult female fish weights ...