S-Curve Plotting

Hi

I am not sure whether or not this is possible.  However, I
have 3 rows of data and need to create a S-Curve of the
information.

For example, at the start of a project, you have
increasing costs, then the costs level out for a few
months and then they drop or stop once the project is
complete.

Can someone tell me the best way to create something
called a S-Curve.

Many thanks
Sue
0
anonymous (74721)

Have a look here http://peltiertech.com/index.html
I found this site on a previous post in this NG.  It is
very helpful to me when I need help with charts.

Charlie O'Neill

0
anonymous (74721)
5/18/2004 1:28:32 PM
Hi,

An S-curve is merely a plotting of data that, much
as you describe your costs, over time looks like the
shape of an "S" - perhaps tilted more or less.

What data do you have in your 3 rows?  is there a
combination of them (sum of the 3?) that shows a
period of increase, then leveling off, and finally
a start of decline (the upper "hook" part of the "S")?

jeff

0
anonymous (74721)

outgoing mail problem(s)
Ok, so I just got comcast high-speed cable internet, and it's all well and fine, except for when I try to use outlook to send mail. I currently have two mail accounts setup in outlook, my college account (IMAP/SMTP) and my new comcast one (POP3/SMTP). Originally, my comcast account was setup in outlook express, but since I use outlook for the calander and stuff, I wanted to use it through there, so when it asked if i wanted to import the account settings (when i first started it), I did, and that's where my problems have begun. I've e-mail comcast repeatedly, and all everything ...

Including Totals in Chart's data table
Is it possible to include totals within a chart's data table but not in the chart itself? For example for you are charting 3 fields across 12 months and want to show the total of the 3 fields for each month in the data table, is there a way to do so which would allow the data to be "live" and updated as the data source changes. The data table only shows data in the chart. You can add the totals to the chart, which puts them into the table, and then format the totals series so it doesn't appear (no lines, markers, borders, fills). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier...

Fuel Tank Formula's For Dip sticks
Could you put the question in the message space and be less economical with words? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DENNIS" <DENNIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93CCBB9-46B5-4C41-8265-BD56A8737536@microsoft.com... > I think I have a strong feeling what you need. Is it possible that you need an Excel formula to calculate the volume in a tank depending on the height of the fluid (as measured by a dipstick)? Is this is so, you need to give some more data. What is its cross-section (circular, elliptical, ...

S.O.S.....
Hello, I have a spreadsheet set up with column A for the date (one day per row), and column D as the total daily takings. I want a formula that changes automatically when I enter each new daily amount, and if I enter a daily taking of $0, I don't want excel to include that day in the month's average. So I want it to regognise that the $0 day is not to be included, and only divide by say 29 days instead of 30 for June. Hope I've made sense...?? Thank you in anticipation. -- Regards, Sarah Here's one way. Try this array formula** : =AVERAGE(IF(TEXT(A2:A20,"mmmyyy...

CRM should let you change a product's unit group
It is impossible to change a product's unit group once a product has been created.As a result, if you don't get this aspect of your system configured correctly at the start, it is very very hard to correct it down the road. I realize that the unit group permeates the entire database schema, but it should still be possible to change it without deleting the product altogether. Deleting the product and re-adding it is not usually an acceptable option for a mission critical system that has been in use for a few years. Hopefully you can find a way to let us change the unit group in...

How do I not print the column letters A-Z but keep the row #'s
I am trying to print a chart where I want to keep the row numbers but not the column headings A-Z printed. Choosing Page setup under the Sheets tab only lists them together not as single choices. Is there a way to customize the sheet to only list the row numbers? How about inserting a new A column and adding =ROW() best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jgb" <jgb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E503B439-3323-4CE9-A5B8-5477CFC091C2@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a chart where I want to keep the row ...

Spybot S&D
I threw this question on a previous post,but thing it just got lost in all the other answers that were part of another question.So hope it is all right to re ask this anew.I have window's live one care,and malwarebytes. Want to put Spybot back on computer. when I had it before it did great job,but I got spooked about it and deleted it. Is is a good one to use. How about AVG. window's one care apparently does not work very well as I seem to have an infected computer. Thanks to all who help the helpless. On 07 May 2010, =?Utf-8?B?ZGlkZWU1OA==?= <didee58@discussions...

Unable to enter "S" or words starting with "S" in cells
Am working with Excel 2000 (Version 9.0.6926 SP-3) When entering words starting with "s" or just "s", the entry fails and brings up one of several menus. The menus vary depending upon how many keystrokes I have made before realizing the text entry failed. "S" is teh only letter I have found where this problem occurs. If I double click on the cell then enter the word starting wtih "s", then I can enter the text. This is cumbersome and very time consuming. Please advise Do you have the same problem with any other programs? It sounds to me like a...

How to not plot blanks
Hi There I'm plotting a line graph on a range of cells and the formula in the series of cells is this: If(C7="Y",SUM($D$6:E7),"") I want the chart to basically add a plot each day so the C column just tells me that the next day has past. At the moment when the value in column C is blank it is plotting these cells as zero and continuing the line. How can I make the line stop when the Value in C is blank? Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks in advance Jamie If you click on Tools -> Options and click on the Charts tab you'll see some ...

Invoke external app's UI
I'm writing a MFC app (VC++ 6), which needs to invoke an external application's user interface controls. What classes should I be using? E.g. I've Notepad running, from my MFC app, how do I call Notepad's menu item "View | Status Bar". "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:79281C8A-01E2-4A8A-9AF6-2C354F102002@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a MFC app (VC++ 6), which needs to invoke an external > application's user interface controls. What classes should I be using? I'm not sure, bu...

Outlook's Newsreader disappeared
I have just gotten Office 2003 installed on my pc at work. In the 2000 version of Outlook I was able to view the discussion groups, but unable to post. That was okay. When I am at work I used the discussion group website to view and post. In this new version 2003, (new to the office) I found a Help article that explained how to set up the Newsreader from within Outlook. I went to the View, Toolbars,Standard, customize, and chose the Go category, and selected the News menu item, dragged and dropped it on the Go menu. I clicked on the new menu item, it opened the Newsreader and prompted...

Adding 1 year's difference to user's input of yyyy-yyyy?
If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way to formulaically have the cell underneath increase by one year? i.e., if in B2 the user input, say, 2005-2006, B3 would show 2006-2007 and B4 would show 2007-2008, etc. down the column? Thank you! :oD Try this: =IF(B2="","",VALUE(LEFT(B2,4))+1 &"-"& VALUE(RIGHT(B2,4))+1) and copy down the column for as many as you need. Hope this helps. Pete On May 29, 3:16 pm, "StargateFanFromWork" <NoS...@NoJunk.com> wrote: > If a user inputs 2000-2001, or 2007-2008, is there a way t...

Help! Something adds 1 hour to my datetimes! :-S
Hi, For some reason, somewhere in my application 1 hour is added to my dates, depending in which time zone the application is run... Because I don't have a clue where this happens, I posted this to the three relevant newsgroups (vb/ado, sql and xml): my aplogize for this. I'm doing a Synchronisation between two SQL Servers (2000): All the Data is read into a DataSet, and exported to an XML-file: SQL Server -> DataSet (VB.NET 2003) -> XML -> DataSet -> SQL Server When I run everything in the West Central Africa Timezone (GMT+1, no summer-time): everything works fine. ...

Using custom control from dll's
Hi eveybody: My goal is to create some CPropertyPage objects and doc/view template within a DLL. The property pages will use the custom control which is contained in a diferent dll. The view (a formview) will use the CPropertyPages objects and that doc/view template will be used from a MFC application just as another doc/view template would be. I've got a custom control created by me which works correctly if I use it within a MFC application. I want to insert this control in a dll to share it with other applications. First question: Which kind of DLL (extension or regular) should I use...

Mulitple If's in a function ?
Morning all, what I would like to do is when a checkbox is checked, hide about 7 different controls. I am having success doing it with ONE, but failing after that. I tried using a function and then calling it from my Form's On Current AND the Checkbox After Update. With the single line in there, like this: Public Function MISLE_only() If Me.MISLE_case_only = True Then Me.cmdACTSUS_PIW.Visible = False Else Me.cmdACTSUS_PIW.Visible = True End Function NO problems, works great. How can i add the other controls I want to close when checkbox Me.MISLE_case_only is checked? ...

If before today's date insert Expired
Hi Everyone, Using Access 2003. I have a query with 5 fields. I have created an expression to insert words if the CredentialExpirationDate is after a 1/1/2050 it inserts "No Expiration" or if the date in the CredentialExpirationDate field is today or before I want it to insert "Expired" all other dates are as entered I am having trouble with the last part today or before. I have tried various things I have pulled from other posts but I keep getting an error. This is my most recent <Now(). Credential Expiration: Switch([CredentialExpirationDate]&g...

S.O.S. Need Assistance ~ Is this one possible & how?
I'm trying to create a formula in a range that basically equals designated percentage which will be used to graph a chart on a separat worksheet. The example would be: if a date text is entered into the range, an once that is populated that particular filled in range will then equa 10% (the date text shows in the range not the percentage) Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FIGURED IT OUT...IT WORK -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

will VLookup peek over it's shoulder?
Say I have 8 columns, A thru H the lookup table is column C Can Vlookup find the match in C3501, and report the resultant number residing in B3501? ....or do I cut and paste column c to column a? which would be a pain in the botty. Thanks -- rodney at touch88.com.au Send spam to the FTC at spam@uce.gov Thanks, robots. You can use =index(match()) See Debra Dalgleish's site for lots of instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Rodney wrote: > > Say I have 8 columns, A thru H > the lookup table is column C > Can Vlookup find the match in C3501, an...

How not to plot zero's
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help here. I use the following formula to create a series for a graph trend. IF(ISERROR(A1/B1), "",(A1/B1)) Now if the data returns an error the cell looks blank. I know the cell is strictly not blank. When plotting this series on the graph the value turns to zero. This is what I want to change. I don't want to plot the zero's, I know by using NA() instead of "" returns #N/A which does not plot the zero point but when this happens the series shows a continuous line. I need to show the broken series. In "tools, options, chart"...

Charles Schwab's URL's
Hi, I live out of the country and have a foreign version of Money. I want to change one of the financial institution's URL to Charles Schwab's. Could anyone please let me know what the three URLs are? Thanks a million. Ed The only one I know is www.schwab.com -- Joe Norton "Ed" <edegalbert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0aa901c35b3d$c3d143b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I live out of the country and have a foreign version of > Money. I want to change one of the financial > institution's URL to Charles Schwab's. Could anyone > plea...

how do i automaticly "save as" using a cell's content as file nam
I'm sure you'll need to use VBA for this. This will save the file with the name based on the contents of A1. Sub AutoSaveName() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A1").Value End Sub If you want to specify a save location: Sub AutoSaveName() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\" & Range("A1").Value & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False End Sub HTH, Paul "cxlough41" <cxlough41@discussions.microsoft.com...

Printer DLL's
Our Dynamics GP graphical reports do not print. They come up on the screen but will not print to a printer nor our PDF writer. Will come up in Microsoft XPS Document writer. After much troubleshooting (getting Microsoft involved), the final assessment is that a printer dll that several (maybe all) printers have in common must be corrupted. Question: Does anyone know of a way to identify/list dll's associated with a printer. We are in deep trouble here, not being to print invoices. MaryH, Print a test page. It will tell you the exact driver and version. To print a test page,...

Need help !!! (S.O.S.)
I created a file in MS Word 97 and password-protected it. After long time of not using it I forgot its password. Is there any way to open a pssword-protected Word file? -- Thank you, Peter In article <9bUZb.67048$hR.1419334@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Peter Chernyak" <kremenets@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > I created a file in MS Word 97 and password-protected it. After long time of > not using it I forgot its password. Is there any way to open a > pssword-protected Word file? Do a Google search for password crackers. If you're using a Mac (sin...

how to get CDialog 's member from a worker thread?
class CMyDlg : public CDialog { .... public: UINT m_MyNumber ; // How do I get this number from a worker thread? } UINT MyWorkerThread1( LPVOID pParam ) { CMyDlg * dlg = (CMyDlg * ) pParam ; // this is bad as CWnd and derived classes are not thread-safe object // What's the right solution ? UINT n = dlg->m_MyNumber ; return 0; } Hello, AFAIK, you can access data members but not other things that are related to UI. -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "J.N.J." <jnj@notmail.com> wrote in message news:%23GNdVe4dDHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > class CMyDlg : public...

Ignore Zero's
Hi I have used the following to get the average value from a set of data whilst ignoring zero values within the data set. =SUM(K4:AP4)/COUNTIF(K4:AP4,">0") I would like to use the percentile command on the same set of data. Is there a way that I can use Percentile and also ignore zero values ? Many Thanks Chris Hi, with an ARRAY formula =PERCENTILE(IF(K4:AP4>0,K4:AP4),0.1) This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter 'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets 'around the formu...