3 minutes to open files in excel and word
0
Angelina (7)

Are you using kaspersky virusscan? It is know for it.
If yes please ask you administrator to exclude scan on harddisk or
network files in the settings.

--
Arien
Arien's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1892

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"Angelina" wrote:

> 3 minutes to open files in excel and word

Need only one DLL instance to run...

multiple worksheets in html
I want to create a workbook with multiple worksheets in html format. This is easy to do by creating one file per sheet and loading each into my workbook using '<x:WorksheetSource HRef="filename"/>'. This, however, results in 3+ files for 2 worksheets. I would like to put all of the data in one file. Is this possible? thanks, -mikael ...

Header and Footer within a transaction file.
Good Day To all: I'm trying to devise a way to concatenate 3 text files to form one flat file within a macro. The object of this exercise to include a header and footer record within a file that has transactions. Can anyone provide a suggestion in to how to achieve this? Hi Ken Can you give more information What are "text files" in this context What does this mean "include a header and footer record" -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ken" wrote: > Good Day To all: > > I'm trying to devise a way to concatenate 3 text files to form one ...

Error opening the Workflow Manager
Hi everybody ! I have this error when I attempt to open the Workflow manager (my installation is new and I never opened the workflow Managerbefore): "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly" My configuration is: - Windows 2003 SRV STD - Exchange 2003 - SQL 2005 w/ reporting services 2005. Apart from that, everything is working properly. I can login the system, generate reports, manage entities, everything. I can even open the Workflow Monitor! Am'I missing something in the configuratio...

[Outlook 2010] IMAP: change corresponding pst file
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2010 with an IMAP account at 1&1 in germany. When I set up the profile in Outlook, this account was connected with a pst file myemailaddress.pst Due to unknown reasons this account is now connected to myemailaddress(3).pst I also can' send any emails from this account. The error message is: "Error (0x8004010F) .....: Can't access the outlook data file." How can I point the profile to the original pst file? -- Ciao , Frank. When you use IMAP, outlook creates the pst for the imap account and you can't change it. If the chang...

Word Mail Merge with Excel as data file
Word 2003 Excel 2003 Windows XP Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a Microsoft Word form? I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum. Thanks in advance! Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main document for each, and you should only have one. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OER87r9hFHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > Excel 2003 > Windows XP > > Why would a mail merge show only every othe...

Automatically run macro

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

run time error 10-22-03

Restrict type of files in a document library
There any way to limit the types of files in a specific document library? I know it can be done from the central administration but I understand that this will affect all libraries. The idea is that a given library only accept Office documents for example. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_7C45577A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Vicente, This feature is not available OOB in Libraries or lists. However there can be a workaround using custom event handlers on lists. Event Handler works on lists basis, you can just check for the file extension of...

Excel Continuous Running Total

tables created by Linking an Excel File
Hi Mates I have a linked access table created from an excel spreadsheet. Then I used Table Analyze feature in access to split this and the split created 3 seperate tables. When the excel spreadsheet is changed the linked table gets updated but split tables remains unchanged. Is there a way these split tables to get updated automatically. Thanks mates in advance for your help. Sarah W Hi Sarah, The table analyzer is designed for splitting a non-normalised table into two or more new, normalised tables. This is a one-time process: the new tables are entirely separate from the old one. T...

Money 2002 will not run

Saving reports as a .pdf or .rpt file.
Hello: Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Dinesh. Dinesh, Not sure about .rpt files, but to save as a pdf you need to own the full version of acrobat (not just the reader). Then you can print to pdf. Dan E "Dinesh" <needhelp@needhelp.com> wrote in message news:0b4401c381eb$aea173a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports > as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is > greatly...

Open files
Can't open any pub. file if it contains more than one page Are you referring to a .pub file or a web pages? Post Publisher version and website address if one. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Irene" <Irene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD8CC5C8-508B-41B4-9E21-A9D29770C69F@microsoft.com... > Can't open any pub. file if it contains more than one page We only use publisher for report writing so it would be a .pub file. The version is 2007 "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Are you referring to a .pub file or a web pages? > ...

ip & port scan (legal:-))
hi group, I'm working on a instant messaging project. Everthing's kewl except for the main thing - finding connections. I would like to create a totaly SERVERLESS IM application, which means that i would not like to use even a simple 'online users' XML database or similar.. After weeks of contemplating:) i've come to the conclusion that the only way might be a port scan (of my server port). i.e. when my user wants to go online, his server part of the application starts to listen, AND a separate part of the prog starts scanning computers AROUND him (geographically), gradu...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Personal Macro file
How do I stop my Personal Macro file from requesting to be Saved each time I exit Excel? This is very annoying and has just started happening after creating some macros to update data from certain clients. -- Mickey If you put this is a standard module you will no longer be prompted to save changes: Sub Auto_Close() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Or alternatively, this in the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Saved = True End Sub Of course, when you do need to save changes, you must remember on your own. -- Jim "Mikey" <...

Importing .xml file into Microsoft Project 2007
I have a corrupted project file that I'm trying to fix. I read somewhere that if you save the project file as an .xml file, then re-open in project and save back to a .mpp file that it will fix the corruption. When I import the recently saved .xml file, I get several errors relating to the element of specific unique IDs. Once I get through all the errors, the project file opens. However, it appears the external links to tasks outside of this project were not imported. Any suggestions? Thanks, Zach -- zachharriman -----------------------------------------...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...