Running Totals for Pivot Tables

Hello

I have a pivot table with months across the top and
version as the row:-

              Data
Version       Jul  Aug  Sept  Oct
1              1    4    7     10
2              2    5    8     11
3              3    6    9     12

Just wondered if it is possible to add cumulative totals
to a pivot table? ie.

              Data
Version       Jul  Aug  Sept  Oct
1              1    4    7     10
2              2    5    8     11
3              3    6    9     12
Cumulative 1   1    5    12    22

Thanks

Lesley

0
anonymous (74721)

Make your pivot table and then use menu Insert/Calculated Field.
You can now add a calculated field with a formula like :-
= Jul + Au

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I understand your
reply as when I add an extra field it just inserts it on
to the end of the data. I need it to be underneath the
data and as the formula is always changing ie = july under
july then =aug+july under august is it possible to have
just one field?

Thanks

Lesley

0
anonymous (74721)

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

Auto-print Pivot Table Report that cycles through all Page Field values...
Suppose I have a pivot report with a Page Field. In my case, it allows a drilled-down view for a given state using source data covering all states. Pretty common use case, I imagine. I'd like to be able to have excel print a multi-page report for all states (not together, but individually). It should just cycle through all values of the page-field value. This seems like a pretty basic thing to want to do with a pivot table but so far I don't see that it's possible. I mean, sheesh, they even called it the "page field" as if it's supposed to be part of a multi-pag...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Do you use Pivot Table
I found Pivot Table is very handy but would you have users see Pivot Table instead of forms? Should I look for codes that will do the drag and drop? Experts, what are your suggestions? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com hi, accessuser via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I found Pivot Table is very handy but would you have users see Pivot Table > instead of forms? Should I look for codes that will do the drag and drop? > Experts, what are your suggestions? Users which understand a pivot table, are normally fit in Execl. So exporting the raw data to Excel w...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

tables created by Linking an Excel File
Hi Mates I have a linked access table created from an excel spreadsheet. Then I used Table Analyze feature in access to split this and the split created 3 seperate tables. When the excel spreadsheet is changed the linked table gets updated but split tables remains unchanged. Is there a way these split tables to get updated automatically. Thanks mates in advance for your help. Sarah W Hi Sarah, The table analyzer is designed for splitting a non-normalised table into two or more new, normalised tables. This is a one-time process: the new tables are entirely separate from the old one. T...

Excel Continuous Running Total

A get change first operation on table 'GL_Account_MSTR'
Hi, My client has recently upgraded to vs10 and now gets the following error when he scrolls using the scrolling keys in the Account Maintenance window. 'A get change first operation on table 'GL_Account_MSTR' is for an invalid key' How can we fix this? Thanks Neil Try this..... i have come across many 'get change operations' this works many times I would check this first: 1. In SQL Management Studio or in Enterprise Manager, right-click the company database, and then click Properties. 2. On the Options tab, click to clear the Single-user check box under...

Excel Database/Pivot Table Issue
Hi! I'm struggling to find an optimal solution for my excel databs problem. My file consists of two tabs - "data" & "summary". Summary tab has my attempt to group the project phases by timeline. But I think pivot table would be a better solution. My problem wit the pivot approach is I've 14 cloumns which make up different phases i my timeline. I want those columns to be the "rows", in the pivot tabl layout. But excel does not allow me to do that. I would apprecaite some help.. I've attached my excel file.. Kavi -- Message posted from http:/...

Selecting Rows in Pivot Table
I've created a simple Pivot table in excel 2000 which gets data from an access db. The final resulting pivot table has hundreds of rows. The user can uncheck values to limit the rows but that will take hours if he only wants to see data for a few rows (which is usual ). Is there a way the pivot table can start with zero rows ( all row values unchecked ) and let the user select rows by checking them? The other option is to drop the row field on the page field but then the table shows only one record at a time depending on what value is selected from the page field? I hope i've made my...

What tables and database does the Knowledge Base use?
Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something manually to display SQL information on the website. So what I would need to know is what fields and databases will we be using if we do something like this? ------=_NextPart_0001_DB294826 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "Admin Matt" <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online > for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something ...

Money 2002 will not run

Using a pivot to calculate an average w/o 0's
I have been killing myself with this problem for 2 days now, and I giv up. I can't solve this myself. It seems that Excel works differentl each time I use it. This is my situation: I have a .csv file w/ 20k records. I have a pivot table report that reads the .csv as the source. In the pivot, I need calculate the average for one of the columns i the .csv The problem is that 90% of the records have a 0 as the value for tha column. I dont want to average the 0's into the average. When I take out the zeros, i get a #DIV/0 error. I have successfully been able to make this calculation...

Pivot table Data always showing up as "Count"
Hi guys first post here and tried searching for this but couldn't find it. I have a pivot table and whenever I drag and drop in to the Data portion of it, the pivot is always putting it in as a "count" and I am always having to change it to "Sum". Is there a way to change the default way that a pivot handles info droppped into the data box? Thanks in advnace for your help. -n00b :confused: -- qwopzxnm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ qwopzxnm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=275...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Help on Pivot table
When i do pivot i get the data displayed as Contractor Circle Count X 1 10 2 15 3 20 Y 1 10 2 15 3 20 Z 1 10 2 15 3 20 I want to display as Contractor Circle ...

Pivot tables and macros
i currently use macros to change some downloaded sales information. unfortunately, the volume always changes and I cannot use a macro for creaqting a Pivot table. When i select cell A1 and hit pivot tabel it automatically selcts the range. In my macro it will only select the actual range i recorded. IS there a way to go around that? Thanks Mike You'll have to edit the macro to create a variable range (alt + F11 will bring up the VB Editor). If, for example, your macro recorded the range as "A1:D4200", you'll want to create a variable to capture the final row, th...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...