Running an excel file with macros in browser.

I have an excel file sitting on the server that users on
the intra net access through the browser.

Once the user has run the macros and closes all windows,
EXCEL.EXE still shows up in the task manager. If you close
it, it will ask if you want to save changes to the file.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix this?

0
anonymous (74719)

Are you running XL through automation?  If so, it is your
responsibility to close (save, if necessary) any workbooks, quit XL and
set the automation variable to nothing.

If you are doing that, then, sometimes this happens because there are
unqualified references to XL objects.  For example, any reference to
Cells() or Range() -- instead of xlObject.Cells() -- will result in
XL.exe hanging around.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <2b0901c3e11e$b91622d0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have an excel file sitting on the server that users on
> the intra net access through the browser.
>
> Once the user has run the macros and closes all windows,
> EXCEL.EXE still shows up in the task manager. If you close
> it, it will ask if you want to save changes to the file.
>
> Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix this?

Header and Footer within a transaction file.
Good Day To all: I'm trying to devise a way to concatenate 3 text files to form one flat file within a macro. The object of this exercise to include a header and footer record within a file that has transactions. Can anyone provide a suggestion in to how to achieve this? Hi Ken Can you give more information What are "text files" in this context What does this mean "include a header and footer record" -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ken" wrote: > Good Day To all: > > I'm trying to devise a way to concatenate 3 text files to form one ...

multiple worksheets in html
I want to create a workbook with multiple worksheets in html format. This is easy to do by creating one file per sheet and loading each into my workbook using '<x:WorksheetSource HRef="filename"/>'. This, however, results in 3+ files for 2 worksheets. I would like to put all of the data in one file. Is this possible? thanks, -mikael ...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Excel combo box
Is there an easy way to maintain a date format from the original cell through selection via a combo box? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you add the items yourself--instead of using listfillrange, then the combobox from the control toolbox toolbar will keep the formatting: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim myCell As Range With Me.ComboBox1 .ListFillRange = "" .Clear For Each myCell In Me.Range("a1:a14").Cells .AddItem myCell.Text Next myCell End With End Sub or if you want...

[Outlook 2010] IMAP: change corresponding pst file
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2010 with an IMAP account at 1&1 in germany. When I set up the profile in Outlook, this account was connected with a pst file myemailaddress.pst Due to unknown reasons this account is now connected to myemailaddress(3).pst I also can' send any emails from this account. The error message is: "Error (0x8004010F) .....: Can't access the outlook data file." How can I point the profile to the original pst file? -- Ciao , Frank. When you use IMAP, outlook creates the pst for the imap account and you can't change it. If the chang...

Word Mail Merge with Excel as data file
Word 2003 Excel 2003 Windows XP Why would a mail merge show only every other Excel row when merging with a Microsoft Word form? I am also cross-referening this to the Word forum. Thanks in advance! Sounds like perhaps you have TWO <<next record>> fields in your main document for each, and you should only have one. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OER87r9hFHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > Excel 2003 > Windows XP > > Why would a mail merge show only every othe...

Restrict type of files in a document library
There any way to limit the types of files in a specific document library? I know it can be done from the central administration but I understand that this will affect all libraries. The idea is that a given library only accept Office documents for example. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_7C45577A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Vicente, This feature is not available OOB in Libraries or lists. However there can be a workaround using custom event handlers on lists. Event Handler works on lists basis, you can just check for the file extension of...

run time error 10-22-03

Excel Validation Drop Down Box
Is there any way to increase the size of the text in the validation drop down box? If the sheet is zoomed to say 60% the text in the box is not readable. No, but you may find this helpful: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger In article <0a4c01c3999c$92878a10$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to increase the size of the text in the > validation drop down box? If the sheet is zoomed to say > 60% the text in the box is not readable. ...

System Error when opening Excel 2007
A client is receiving this error "system Error &H80004005(-2147467259)" in excel 2007 when opening a new file or an exisiting file. This error came up after visio 2003 was uninstalled and visio 2007 got installed on his system. This error can be a lot, and I looked a bit around where they say it might be something with memory. But then I wonder why he never gave this error before untill visio 2007 got installed. Any help is welcome and I would be very thankfull to those who can help me in this issue. Greetz ...

Automatically run macro

New at this Excel VBA game and very perplexed
I am trying to export data from a Word form to a Excel spread sheet. The Word form has three data fields. I want to export the form data to a new row directly under existing rows in the spreadsheet (i.e., as each new form is created I can run the macro and export the data to the growing spreadsheet). I have this code: Sub ExportToExcel() Dim oXL As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim myWB As String Dim oFF As FormField Dim i As Long myWB = "E:\My Documents\Word\Word Documents\Word Tips\Macros\Working With Access And Excel\myExportBook1.xls&quo...

Silly date/text question
Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. TIA Dan In custom format use mmmm dt\h >-----Original Message----- >Hi- is there an easy way to show dates/text with the day eg. July 17th >similar to Word 2k format eg July 17th . Currently cut/paste from Word 2k - >to get raised 'th' or 'rd' or 'nd' etc. >TIA >Dan > > >. > Are you looking for the th, rd, nd stuff or are ...

restoring files in DPM 2010
When you do a restore of a file is there anyway to restore the file without the complete path? Example: If I'm restoring a word document to an alternate location, I want to restore the file to c:\restored but when the restore is complete I get path restored as well.... so c:\restored\data\research\test\doc1.doc thanks Hey Homer, I don't think that this is possible, I seem not to find an option in the gui that can do this but maybe some powershell command can do this? Cheers, Mike Visit System Center User Group Belgium @ http://scug.be "Homer J. Si...

Hidden Column
Hi Can anyone Help I have a spreadsheet, and on my 3rd worksheet, the first column (A) wa hidden, now I want to show that column, but it just isnt appearing. I have tried, Format > Column > unhide as well as Row > Unhide, Ive also tried Edit > Go To > A1 and it still doesnt appear. Any thoughts? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Format > C...

Excel Continuous Running Total

tables created by Linking an Excel File
Hi Mates I have a linked access table created from an excel spreadsheet. Then I used Table Analyze feature in access to split this and the split created 3 seperate tables. When the excel spreadsheet is changed the linked table gets updated but split tables remains unchanged. Is there a way these split tables to get updated automatically. Thanks mates in advance for your help. Sarah W Hi Sarah, The table analyzer is designed for splitting a non-normalised table into two or more new, normalised tables. This is a one-time process: the new tables are entirely separate from the old one. T...

Conditional Formatting in Excel
Hi, If D1 is empty then G1 should be white(clear) if D1 has a number in it then G1 should be red additionally; if a value, either a figure 0 or a currency value is entered in G1, which owing to the previous two conditions, would be red, then G1 should change to blue. If anyone can explain how to acheive this I would be extremely grateful. Thank You Brian Ok, you have a few conditions: Isblank(d1) means clear Formatted as Currency Means “Blue” Any value not formatted as Currency Means Red Step 1 I would insert a column to calculate this and format based on the resu...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Saving reports as a .pdf or .rpt file.
Hello: Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards, Dinesh. Dinesh, Not sure about .rpt files, but to save as a pdf you need to own the full version of acrobat (not just the reader). Then you can print to pdf. Dan E "Dinesh" <needhelp@needhelp.com> wrote in message news:0b4401c381eb$aea173a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > Can someone please tell me how I can save my Excel reports > as a .pdf or .rpt file, if this is possible? Your help is > greatly...

Money 2002 will not run