Run macro from clicking on a cell

Is there a way that you can run a macro from clicking on a specified
cell with a hyperlink or function. I can use the shortcut key, but some
'here' say it is not user friendly to have to use a shortcut key. help
files haven't helped.
-Joe

--
jrd269
jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23815

jrd269 wrote:
> Is there a way that you can run a macro from clicking on a specified
> cell with a hyperlink or function. I can use the shortcut key, but some
> 'here' say it is not user friendly to have to use a shortcut key. help
> files haven't helped.
> -Joe

-------------------

Generally I put a "button" control in a cell with a self-explanatory
label and a link to the macro you want to run.  Click on View/Toolbars
and make sure "Forms" is checked.  That will make a forms toolbar
visible which allows you to create buttons, spinners, check boxes, etc.

Good luck...

Bill
0
wylie836 (251)
6/3/2005 7:44:31 PM
sure thing, the button worked. You guys are great on this chat forum.
Thank you,
Joe

--
jrd269
jrd269's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23815
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376404

Sum of a column based on color coded cells
Looking for some help on what sounded like an easy thing to do, but has me stumped. I have multiple columns of job names that get color coded when complete or need to be escalated etc.. A typical column may look like this. JS-2133 JO-2011 MO-3320 NT-4510 and so on. As the jobs are completed the cell is filled in green. I would like a total at the bottom of the column, how do you total only the green cells? Thanks, MikeM Mike, Take a look here for some help and examples: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm John "MikeM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

enter data in 1 cell and produce a number in another cell
I am trying to set up a form for co-workers with limited computer skills. In cell "A" the employee would enter a name and I need to have a corresponding number appear in another cell. As the form is used for legal documentation, the corresponding number must be accurate and since the numbers are long, we are trying to avoid errors upfront. Any assistance would be appreciated. See if this helps: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Towboat Girl" <Towboat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

Money 2002 will not run

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

How to hide #DIV/0! in cells waiting for input?
Hi there, I have some cells with a formula such as; =AVERAGEA(C12:C16) =ROUND(C17/25,4) =SUM(C17:G17)/100 =H17+H19 etc. etc. Until a number is input into another cell which is included in one of the formulas above the annoying #DIV/0! appears. As soon as a number is input into a 'donor cell' included in one of the calculations above then the #DIV/0! changes into its expected format. Is there a way to hide the annoying #DIV/0! that is dotted all over the spreadsheet while the 'donor' cell is empty before its result is known? The sheet looks very untidy and gives the impres...

CELL/NUMBER FORMAT #2
EXCEL. When entering a whole number into a cell EXCEl is dividing that number by 10 immediatly after entry. If I place a decimal point after the number this does not happen. If I enter a number less than 1 the number is entered normally. It appears that EXCEL needs a decimal point to enter the number correctly. I have used EXCEL for many years (current version from 2004) and this has never hapenned. Any Ideas out there guys? Sounds like Fixed Decimal is set. Go to Tools>Options>Edit, and if the Fixed Decimal box is checked, uncheck it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email ...

No macros in 2008

Macro to Find, Cut, and Paste
I have 2 LONG columns that I need to make into MANY. I want to find a word in the active column, cut from that word down to the end and the adjacent cells; then paste them at the top of the next column. and do this for all occurences of that word. I'm confused about the two columns. I'm thinking that you want to break up your list of two columns based on the word in column A. But paste both columns to the adjacent columns. So this: $H$1 $B$1 $H$2 $B$2 $H$3 $B$3 $H$4 $B$4 $H$5 $B$5 $H$6 $B$6 $H$7 $B$7 aaaa $B$8 $H$9 $B$9 $H$10 $B$10 $H$11 $B$11 $H...

Excel pictured hyperlink as "normal" cell content
Hi, In an Excel sheet the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http:/ ....)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor. How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as genera underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell) Thanks S.Yours bendes P.S. As you see, I am not an expert.. Attachment filename: hyperlink_example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.p...

Pivot tables and macros
i currently use macros to change some downloaded sales information. unfortunately, the volume always changes and I cannot use a macro for creaqting a Pivot table. When i select cell A1 and hit pivot tabel it automatically selcts the range. In my macro it will only select the actual range i recorded. IS there a way to go around that? Thanks Mike You'll have to edit the macro to create a variable range (alt + F11 will bring up the VB Editor). If, for example, your macro recorded the range as "A1:D4200", you'll want to create a variable to capture the final row, th...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Personal Macro file
How do I stop my Personal Macro file from requesting to be Saved each time I exit Excel? This is very annoying and has just started happening after creating some macros to update data from certain clients. -- Mickey If you put this is a standard module you will no longer be prompted to save changes: Sub Auto_Close() ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Or alternatively, this in the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Saved = True End Sub Of course, when you do need to save changes, you must remember on your own. -- Jim "Mikey" <...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

How do I create very small graphics in ONE cell?
I have data like following and I want to creat a line or 3 bars to reflect the numbers in ONE cell so that people can quicky scan through the trend. 3,225 2,356 1,087 I tried wizard but it doesn't look good when you minimize it. I tried autoshape but couldn't let the ahotopshap connect to the numbers. My boss said he has seen people do this before. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! There's a couple of ways to go. The first is to adapt the idea behind Using Worksheet Cells to simulate a graph http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/worksheet_as_chart...