Run a command based on info in other cells

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will retrieve my network info from my
DNS servers.  Is there a way to retrieve an IP address from one cell and post
it's DNS info (as grabbed by excel) into another cell?
0
Williams (30)

Sum of a column based on color coded cells
Looking for some help on what sounded like an easy thing to do, but has me stumped. I have multiple columns of job names that get color coded when complete or need to be escalated etc.. A typical column may look like this. JS-2133 JO-2011 MO-3320 NT-4510 and so on. As the jobs are completed the cell is filled in green. I would like a total at the bottom of the column, how do you total only the green cells? Thanks, MikeM Mike, Take a look here for some help and examples: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm John "MikeM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

enter data in 1 cell and produce a number in another cell
I am trying to set up a form for co-workers with limited computer skills. In cell "A" the employee would enter a name and I need to have a corresponding number appear in another cell. As the form is used for legal documentation, the corresponding number must be accurate and since the numbers are long, we are trying to avoid errors upfront. Any assistance would be appreciated. See if this helps: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Towboat Girl" <Towboat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Dynamic source data based on Today
I am creating a production barchart that is updated daily. I want the chart to plot from 3 days old to 4 days in the future. I would like the middle of the chart to represent today. Tomorrow's data will become today's data when everything shifts by one at midnight. I am pretty new to macro so please speak in laymans terms. No need for a macro. Adapt the ideas at Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary app...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Excel Continuous Running Total

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

What tables and database does the Knowledge Base use?
Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something manually to display SQL information on the website. So what I would need to know is what fields and databases will we be using if we do something like this? ------=_NextPart_0001_DB294826 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "Admin Matt" <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online > for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something ...

Money 2002 will not run

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

HOW TO: Plot a Team Name on a chart based on two values
Hi, I have the following table exmaple, what I like to do is to plot the team as where their values cross, e.g. for TEAM 01 where 5 and 60 cross on a graph having Revenue as the Y axis and Clients as the X axis. COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C TEAMS CLIENTS REVENUE TEAM 01 5 60 TEAM 02 10 120 TEAM 03 15 180 TEAM 04 6 72 TEAM 05 12 144 TEAM 06 18 216 TEAM 07 7 84 TEAM 08 14 168 TEAM 09 21 252 TEAM 10 8 96 Any guidence, much appriciated. I've done this using Ron Bovey's XY Chart Labeler www.appspro.com "Kevin McCartney" <KevinMcCartney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel pictured hyperlink as "normal" cell content
Hi, In an Excel sheet the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http:/ ....)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor. How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as genera underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell) Thanks S.Yours bendes P.S. As you see, I am not an expert.. Attachment filename: hyperlink_example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.p...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Checking cell for Number
I have about 200 numbers in column A. I would like to enter any number in Column B. In column C I would like, it to show if the number is used or free. can this be done with a if statement? Thanks Try... =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$200,B1),"Used","Free") If you have a list of numbers in Column B that you'd like to check, enter the above formula in C1, and copy and paste the formula to your other cells in Column C. Hope this helps! In article <E5CA9196-6FCF-492C-B488-1B7E431720CF@microsoft.com>, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have abou...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...

How do I create very small graphics in ONE cell?
I have data like following and I want to creat a line or 3 bars to reflect the numbers in ONE cell so that people can quicky scan through the trend. 3,225 2,356 1,087 I tried wizard but it doesn't look good when you minimize it. I tried autoshape but couldn't let the ahotopshap connect to the numbers. My boss said he has seen people do this before. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! There's a couple of ways to go. The first is to adapt the idea behind Using Worksheet Cells to simulate a graph http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/worksheet_as_chart...

Formatting cells for phone numbers
Hey, im looking to format a number of cells into a phone number format I have a rather large excel spreadsheet of around 900 phone numbers they are currently in different formats such as: 0870 8888888 +44 0800 7777777 +800 (900) 666666 0980 888888 These are obviously just example numbers and not real ones, as you ca see they are all over the place and in the wrong format that i nee them in. Changing them all manually would take me forever so ive trie to create a custom formatting rule to have them represented like this: +44 (800) 888888 So basically they must all begin with +44 then the n...