Row numbers #2

I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish to
print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings?

Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or
something else?

-----------------
Scott

0
ScottS833 (16)

You can only disable printing column *and* row headings.

<File> <PageSetup> <Sheet> tab,
Make sure "column & row headings" is *unchecked*.

Then, you can number your first column to mirror the row numbers, and that
will give the impression of displaying and printing the row headers.

You could enter this formula in the first column:

=ROW()

Which will display the row number, even if rows might be subsequently
deleted.
--
HTH,

RD

"Scotts" <Scotts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish
> print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings?
>
> Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or
> something else?
>
> -----------------
> Scott

0
ragdyer1 (4059)
6/1/2005 2:38:23 AM
Scott,

If you mean the "Row and column headings" option in Page setup, no.  But you
can turn that off, and put in your own row numbers.  Put the first one in
column A, then copy down with the fill handle holding Ctrl.  Or put =ROW(),
or =ROW()-1, etc.,  and copy that down.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Scotts" <Scotts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish
> print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings?
>
> Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or
> something else?
>
> -----------------
> Scott

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Storage limit message #2
Hello life savers! The message that is sent out from Exchange when you check "Issue Warning" prevents Outlook from responding. If you click the message, the user has to wait for about 5 minutes until Outlook wake up. I also would like to understand how the language of this message is decided. I get both English and Swedish but the users are only using English versions of Outlook. Thanks, Chris ...

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

urgent requirement for project leader #2
hi partners, we are having a urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd if u intrested Kindly mail your responses to gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Project Lead - JAVA / ORACLE Job Profile Through understanding and expertise in the various phases of SDLC (Right from Requirement Analysis to Deployment). Programming - Core Java and J2EE technologies (JSP and Servlets), Junit testing frameworks, Scripting in languages like PERL, Database programming (SQL, PLSQL, JDBC) Development under environments like Eclipse/JBuilder on Unix/Linux platforms Design/support of hig...

Investment Summary on Home Page #2
My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for years, and is missing some that I currently own. How can I choose what to display? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY I just noticed the same thing on my Investment Summary. My Portfolio manager is correct, but the Investment Summary is out of date. Any help out there?? "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:awdLh.18$Bx.6@newsfe12.lga... > My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for > years, and is missing some that I c...

receivables transaction next document number
How do I set this from my e-connect .NET app? I need to pass DOCNUMBR field in <taRMTransaction> tag when used in e-connect. Anyone there can help me with this? Thanks. shah49@hotmail.com ...

2 Contact folders
Hi, In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to delete the empty one. Thanks in advance. steve amiro Bellnet <Amiro@amiro.com> wrote: > In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the > empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but > didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to > delete the empty one. Select the one you don't want. If it...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

XML Digital Signature #2
Hi I'm trying to Sign an XML Document Using SignedXml.ComputeSignature from the namespace System.Security.Cryptography.Xml. I need the XML in the following way, with the prefix DS ahead the tag name: <ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> - <ds:SignedInfo> <ds:CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315" /> <ds:SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1" /> - <ds:Reference URI="#1003 Fri Jun 06 14:56:14 VET 2008"> - <ds:Trans...

Virtual Basic error #2
After reinstalling XP Pro and then Outlook 2003, whenever I exit Outlook, I get the error message "Microsoft Virtual Basic-compile error in hidden module: Autoexec" I've checked my autoexec and of course, can't find anything wrong. How can I stop this error from happening? TIA Delete autoexec.bat. XP doesn't use it or config.sys. You must have not done a clean install of Win XP. You should do a clean install. >-----Original Message----- >After reinstalling XP Pro and then Outlook 2003, whenever I exit Outlook, I >get the error message "Microsoft Virtua...

2 axis column chart
Anybody who knows how to make a column chart with 2 different valu axis' -- MartinN ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MartinNT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27190 Make the chart with two data series Right click on one of the data series in the chart; select Format Data Series, open the Axis tab; click Secondary axis It needs to data series. It you have only one then you need to reproduce the values in another column and make a...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

email sent to 2 people
I want to create a system where if someone emails a request to helpdesk@ it goes to the helpdesk email but also to a user. Is there a way to create it so that if the email is deleted from the user's mail it will delete from the helpdesk or vice versa? Thanks Have the user open Helpdesk mailbox as additional mailbox? Will require assigning the user Full Mailbox Access on the Helpdesk mailbox and modifying user's Outlook profile. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &q...

Need Help Adding Line to Bar Graph #2
Thank you both! Exactly what I needed -- jcstoddar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcstoddard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1485 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26485 ...

how to add those numbers?
I have a column of numbers that I have to sum up, but there is one problem: some of them are formatted as a regular number (sometimes with decimals) and some are formatted as time (8:30 etc.) the regular sum(a:a) formula does not work on all of them is there any way to do it and get the result either in decimals or time or I'll have to redo the whole thing? Mark I think I'd get all those numbers to a common unit (time or minutes or hours). If you have 30 in a cell (say A1) and it represents 30 minutes, you can use a helper cell and put a formula like: =A1/24/60 (divide by the numb...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...