Row hieght formula

I was wondering if there is a formula for row height.  I have a lon
list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically.
Anyone know how to do that

--
funktasti
funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600

You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where
you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can
filter the cells.

HTH,
Kevin M

"funktastic" wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a formula for row height.  I have a long
> list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically.
> Anyone know how to do that?
>

> --
> funktastic
> funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16006
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274731

0
KevinM (22)
11/2/2004 11:49:03 PM
The filtering is the easiest.   If you want your totals to change
you will have to use  SUBTOTAL(9, ....)

For how to filter go to Debra Dalgleish's site
   http://www.contextures.com
look for   Excel tips or developer tips for the index.
---
HTH,

"Kevin M" <KevinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D52585A-BC30-4072-AEF9-0ADDB8E579B6@microsoft.com...
> You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where
> you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can
> filter the cells.
>
> HTH,
> Kevin M
>
> "funktastic" wrote:
>

> > I was wondering if there is a formula for row height.  I have a long
> > list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically.
> > Anyone know how to do that?
> >

> > --
> > funktastic
> > funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16006
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274731

0
dmcritchie (2586)

non-functioning multiple Array formulas in a workbook
I have a workbook with used for forecasting. I use a template sheet for each forecast (all forecast sheets -54- are the same and contain sheet-level names). On each sheet I have a formula that counts the number of chargeable engagements (where the chargeable engagement is indicated by a "C" in the preceding column) and places the results in a cell with concatenated text. The 'chargeable designation' column is a named range. I can get the formula to work on only two of the worksheets. It can be any two sheets, but it will only work on two sheets maximum. I have tried a numbe...

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Need help creating a formula
Hi! I need to create a formula that will first add all of column E, add all of column K, then subtract the sum of column K from the sum of column E, then divide this # by the sum of column E. I've tried a variety of combinations but I can't seem to get it right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! What you're asking for is =(SUM(E:E)-SUM(K:K))/SUM(E:E) which can be a bit more efficiently written: =1-SUM(K:K)/SUM(E:E) In article <AA69EBAC-F665-4FFA-937C-5F8F86205131@microsoft.com>, "Lori B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Formulas #12
How can I apply a forula to numerous rows at the same time? Select the range that gets the formula. Write the formula using the active cell in that selection Instead of hitting enter, hit ctrl-enter to fill all the cells in that selection. Excel will adjust the formula for each of those cells. Just like when you copy|paste. ManhattanRebel wrote: > > How can I apply a forula to numerous rows at the same time? -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the help. When I tried this, it did not work for me. Rather than calculate the formula independently for each different row, excel used the n...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #5
They're just name values, pulled from a database. What was strange i that some of the formats tok correctly, others applied another condito (i.e. Sally Smith was supposed to be green but came out red)P -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 ...

making all formulas appear in the cells instead of values
Hi all, How do I make all the existing formulas in a worksheet appear on it, instead of the resulting values? I opened a worksheet that have looks this way, but I don't know how it was done. Thanks in advance, Alejandro I found it out! tools/options/view/formulas Thx! -- Alejandro Caballero Aste Ministerio de Econom�a y Finanzas Direcci�n General de Asuntos de Econom�a Internacional, Competencia e Inversi�n Privada Tlf 311-5930 Axo 3536 ecaballero@mef.gob.pe "Alejandro Caballero Aste" <ecaballero@mef.gob.pe> wrote in message news:%23qJrSVgVHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Formula to return text
Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous text. Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced Cell G95 = NVAA What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks. Maybe =OFFSET(G7,88,0) -- HTH Bob "casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEBF975E-7D02-48DC-836C-5E7A11C27389@microsoft.com... > Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I > canno...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

fix cell contents before deleting column from which formula's are based
I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the calculated results and deleting the column from which the formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell contents) before but can't remember how and am obviously not wording my query correctly for the help function. Thanks. Erica Copy, paste special, values? then delete the column? >-----Original Message----- >I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the >calculated results and deleting the column from which the >formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell >cont...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

Copying Interest formula to 214 cells.
I am doing a project for work and need to copy a interest formula to th next 214 months (Ipmt function). Ii am receiving an error when I try t fill the remind cells. Is there a way to copy that formula? Savings Goal - $750,000 Term - 10 years Interest - 5.5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe you could post your formula for comments. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "BradP >" <<BradP.17pbbl@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BradP.17pbbl@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am doing a project for work and need to copy...

links to www documents in formulas
Hi Thanks in advance for the help. I hope this is possible to do... I'm assuming it is ?? I have a rather extensive spreadsheet with multiple tabs right now that I save as a web page and upload to my site, with tabs reading off of each other. What I want to do is create a 2nd spreadsheet (lets call it newbook.htm) to be saved as a web page, which will read off the 1st spreadsheet (lets call it oldbook.htm). What I originally did was created the newbook.htm right in the oldbook.htm book as a tab, but have done a cut/paste into a new workbook. So there are many links within newbook.htm whi...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

Formula Length
Apparently I've exceeded the max number of characters. Is there an override? Hi no way around this limitation. But you may post your formula as there may be better ways to achieve your goal. e.g. - use defined names within your formula - etc. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rkowaluk" <rkowaluk@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8CB4DEE8-F709-4FDC-9695-1252EC95F1C5@microsoft.com... > Apparently I've exceeded the max number of characters. Is there an override? Use multiple cells. If you refer to cells on other worksheets, use shorte...

Formula Not Working #2
I have tried two different formulas to Average / Median a column of % here are the two formulas, =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(M4:M50)),0,(AVERAGE(M4:M50)) or =IF(ISERROR(MEDIAN(M4:M50)),0,MEDIAN(M4:M50)) Neither of them worked correctly. The ISERROR is in place to deal with cells that are linked and do not show a % until other information is completed. If the source cell goes unused the column maintains the ERROR, so the cell with the formula has to see the error as 0 or blank to generate the average. Are you saying that within the range M4:M50 there are errors like #N/A, #VALUE!, #NUM!, #DIV/0...

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

Sum If formula
How do I set up a table that: In one spread sheet(Spreadsheet A) I have a list of activities eg planning, design, analysis etc in a column. second column I have a list of resource type eg business analyst, project manager, sme etc, inthe next few coulmns I have months and in those months I have days worked in the month for the resource type and the activity, they are working on. I have a table (Table B)in another tab that lists the activity down a coulmn and the type of resource across a row, so it is very similar to a matrix that sums all the days by the activity by the resou...