Row Height dependent upon PC's font scale

I made a label template that only puts the text on the
label if the row heights are correct.  However, when the
template is used by other people, the text and labels
don't line up right.  The row height changes scale
dependent on each PC's font scale specified on its
desktop.  Is there any way to specify row height
absolutely, instead of only being able to adjust it in
pixel increments?  Thanks.
0
timlow (1)

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Default Fonts
Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri and double spaced. I understand how to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the corporate font as default. Is it possible?? Harry, How are you deploying Office to your users? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Harry Hornet" <HarryHornet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ADCDEF2-7FAA-4137-856E-8004254F7D12@microsoft.com... > Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri an...

Access Exch2003 mailbox/OWA from Pocket PC
Hi there, I have few top management users that would like to access OWA 2003 from a pocket PC. Is there any special configuration I need to do to allow them to have a nice experience when doing that ? Thanks, MB Hi Marlon, If you can browse the Web using your Pocket PC, you should also be able to use the basic version of Outlook Web Access. That said, Outlook Mobile Access might be a better solution as it is designed for smaller displays, such as those found on mobile devices. Post back here if you have any questions about this. Hope this helps. -- Scott Schnoll This posting is p...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

font displaying differently than specced
I've been experiencing episodes when, despite the fact that I have tagged my type as Times Roman, it displays on-screen as Arial, despite everything I can do to change the typeface. I'm grateful that it actually prints as Times, but it's puzzling and frustrating. Anyone know what's happening? If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok? If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. From the Start button, choose Run 2. Type regedit then clic...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

Row and columns
In excel my rows are numbered 1 through XXX and my columns are also numbered 1 through XXX. On my other computers using the same current version of Excel the columns are identified using Alpha A,B,C,D etc. Anyone know how to change the columns to Alpha v.s. numbers? Joe, tools, optins, general, and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

I selected row 1 and row 2 to freeze and it is freezing at row 12
I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row 12? Select one row only, if you want 2 rows above where it freezes select row 3, that will leave row1 and 2 unaffected when you scroll down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori Brooks" <Lori Brooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C968CA9B-35A3-427E-993C-D36F3B6D37B7@microsoft.com... >I am selecting row 1 and row 2 to freeze and excel keeps freezing at row >12? Hi, To freeze row 1 & 2 select A3 and then Window|Freeze Panes Mike "Lori Broo...

Is there a way to have a file automatically open a VBA macro on a PC but an AppleScript on a Mac?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to have a file automatically open a VBA macro on a PC but an AppleScript on a Mac? <br><br>TIA > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346930099_5555855 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 1/21/10 12:59 PM, in article 59bb160c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Basilisk@officeformac.com" <Basilisk@officeformac.co...

Renaming catalogs/rows/trees in FRX
Hello - Does anyone know why the Rename option in FRX is greyed out. I have used this before to rename existing catalogs/rows/columns. We are on FRX 6.7. Thanks. Marisol ...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Copy and paste to the last row
Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. and Paste the row down. Example, my last row of A is A120, copy cell A120:C120. then Past to A121 Thanks so much hi if i understand correctly, this should work for you.... Sub movedownone() Dim r As Range Set r = Range("A65000").End(xlUp) r.Resize(1, 3).Copy Destination:= _ r.Offset(1, 0) End Sub regards FSt1 "tran1728" wrote: > Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. > I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. > and Paste the row down. > > Exam...

Delete all rows except...
I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column A cells: AWH98228 and AWL99467 Can anyone offer help? Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveRows() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Calculation = xlCalculationManual End With LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1 If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _ And Range("A" & r).Value <> &quo...

Hide Rows and Columns based on Date Input
Dates are listed in Column A, starting from Cell A3, and data appears in the corresponding rows (across the page). Not every cell has data in for the corresponding date. For example: The date in cell A5 may have data in Cell B5, E5 & G5. I would like to enter a date (using a command button and input box), this will then hide all rows, except for the row which relates to the date that has been entered. At the same time I would like it hide all columns that do not have data in for the given date. .... carrying on from example above. If the user entered the date that appeared in cell A5...