row and column labels #2

When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as
numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows.  What can I do?
0
Aron (6)

I found the answer to this question.  You need to go into
tool/options/general and uncheck the box next to R1:C1

"aron" wrote:

> When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as
> numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows.  What can I do?
0
Aron (6)
1/20/2005 11:39:08 PM
Tools, Options, General, uncheck 'R1C1 reference style'

Have a great day,
Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)
http://www.TheExcelAddict.com

"aron" wrote:

> When opening a worksheet the row and column labels automatically appear as
> numbers instead of letters for columns and numbers for rows.  What can I do?

Storage limit message #2
Hello life savers! The message that is sent out from Exchange when you check "Issue Warning" prevents Outlook from responding. If you click the message, the user has to wait for about 5 minutes until Outlook wake up. I also would like to understand how the language of this message is decided. I get both English and Swedish but the users are only using English versions of Outlook. Thanks, Chris ...

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

How do I set up column charts' x values in 'm' ie. 300m, 600m etc
I am learning charting in Excel. How do I display x values axis as 300m, 600m, 900m while the values displayed inside the columns are 256.4, 488.7 and 822.3 You make an XY chart not a Line chart. Line charts are used when the x-values are categories (text or numbers that are not used numerically like serial numbers) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "t4gbg" <t4gbg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0A54F21-94AB-4F5B-BF63-1922D8E2B262@microsoft.com... >I am learning charting in Excel. How do I display x ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

Default Font #2
I want to change the default font in Publisher 2000. Not sure how to do this - in Word it can be done through the Font dialog box but not in Publisher - any ideas. Thx, All the defaults were removed from Publisher after Publisher 97 as Microsoft decided you no longer needed or wanted these features. Even with Publisher 2003 there are still no defaults added back decided screams from users, but there is a work around add-in that does go partially to fixing the much desired feature for users. -- Hi ���MS�Publisher��� (donotknock@nobodyhome.com) in the newsgroups you posted: || All the...

Copy cell to a new cell #2
In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with... -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message news:5ede27c5beb13@uwe... > In Column B I have certain values ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #5
They're just name values, pulled from a database. What was strange i that some of the formats tok correctly, others applied another condito (i.e. Sally Smith was supposed to be green but came out red)P -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 ...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart
I need to add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart. The high/low/close values are unique, and each one corresponds with one of the stacked bars. they should be on the same y-axis Or I can add points next to each column of my stacked column chart and then add custom error bars to those points. Either way will work, but I can't figure out how to do either of these options. Thanks Do you have a bunch of stacked bars, and you're showing the HLC for each? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http:/...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

urgent requirement for project leader #2
hi partners, we are having a urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd if u intrested Kindly mail your responses to gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Project Lead - JAVA / ORACLE Job Profile Through understanding and expertise in the various phases of SDLC (Right from Requirement Analysis to Deployment). Programming - Core Java and J2EE technologies (JSP and Servlets), Junit testing frameworks, Scripting in languages like PERL, Database programming (SQL, PLSQL, JDBC) Development under environments like Eclipse/JBuilder on Unix/Linux platforms Design/support of hig...

Investment Summary on Home Page #2
My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for years, and is missing some that I currently own. How can I choose what to display? Thanks -- David Schwartz Commack, NY I just noticed the same thing on my Investment Summary. My Portfolio manager is correct, but the Investment Summary is out of date. Any help out there?? "David Schwartz" <who4ever@optonline.net> wrote in message news:awdLh.18$Bx.6@newsfe12.lga... > My investment summary on my Home Page shows some stocks I haven't had for > years, and is missing some that I c...

fix cell contents before deleting column from which formula's are based
I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the calculated results and deleting the column from which the formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell contents) before but can't remember how and am obviously not wording my query correctly for the help function. Thanks. Erica Copy, paste special, values? then delete the column? >-----Original Message----- >I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the >calculated results and deleting the column from which the >formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell >cont...

2 Contact folders
Hi, In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to delete the empty one. Thanks in advance. steve amiro Bellnet <Amiro@amiro.com> wrote: > In outlook 2000, I have 2 contact folders and want to delete the > empty one. I found awhile ago, an article regarding this issue but > didn't keep it and don't remember how to correct this. I want to > delete the empty one. Select the one you don't want. If it...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

XML Digital Signature #2
Hi I'm trying to Sign an XML Document Using SignedXml.ComputeSignature from the namespace System.Security.Cryptography.Xml. I need the XML in the following way, with the prefix DS ahead the tag name: <ds:Signature xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"> - <ds:SignedInfo> <ds:CanonicalizationMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315" /> <ds:SignatureMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1" /> - <ds:Reference URI="#1003 Fri Jun 06 14:56:14 VET 2008"> - <ds:Trans...

2 axis column chart
Anybody who knows how to make a column chart with 2 different valu axis' -- MartinN ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MartinNT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27190 Make the chart with two data series Right click on one of the data series in the chart; select Format Data Series, open the Axis tab; click Secondary axis It needs to data series. It you have only one then you need to reproduce the values in another column and make a...

Virtual Basic error #2
After reinstalling XP Pro and then Outlook 2003, whenever I exit Outlook, I get the error message "Microsoft Virtual Basic-compile error in hidden module: Autoexec" I've checked my autoexec and of course, can't find anything wrong. How can I stop this error from happening? TIA Delete autoexec.bat. XP doesn't use it or config.sys. You must have not done a clean install of Win XP. You should do a clean install. >-----Original Message----- >After reinstalling XP Pro and then Outlook 2003, whenever I exit Outlook, I >get the error message "Microsoft Virtua...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

adding every third column
i need a formaula that adds every third column i.e. formula in cell A1 adds D1,G1 ect ect can some one help with this? See your other post -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "gma" <gma@mircosoft.com> wrote in message news:49DC4D95-4FAA-4845-A2CF-9C0E5E07EF9A@microsoft.com... >i need a formaula that adds every third column i.e. formula in cell A1 adds > D1,G1 ect ect can some one help with this? ...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid