Rounding numbers in charts

HHi U'm not very good with computers. And I did a spreadsheet on excel and
had percentages I wanted to put in a chart...when I created the chart
(piechart) the values came out all inacurate. I wanted one to be 8% and it
came out 6%.      I heard you couold try and fix it using decimal places but
that only makes a minor difference.  Is there something I dont know about
thats fairly simple to do?

0
Andrea (160)

Hi Andrea

If you'ld like to give us an example of your data (e.g. three categories and
the associated percentages) and explain to us where the percentages came
from - did you type them in or are they the result of a formula - if a
formula - what is the formula (and what is in the cells that the formula
relates to etc). ... we'll be happy to help.

Cheers
JulieD

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HHi U'm not very good with computers. And I did a spreadsheet on excel and
> had percentages I wanted to put in a chart...when I created the chart
> (piechart) the values came out all inacurate. I wanted one to be 8% and it
> came out 6%.      I heard you couold try and fix it using decimal places
> but
> that only makes a minor difference.  Is there something I dont know about
> thats fairly simple to do?

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Line charting the same series using data from multiple sheets?
I have data for each day of the week per sheet for four weeks, ie 4 sheets. I'd like to line chart this data on the same series using the data from each of the four sheets continuously. eg. graph (sheet 1) mon, tue, wed, thur, fri, (sheet 2) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, (sheet 3) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, (sheet 4) mon, tue, wed, thu, fri on the same series Please help Thanks, Aaron Use formulas in a summary sheet to link to the separate data sheets, then plot the summarized data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On ...

able to automatically create a chart in Excel
I need to be able to automatically create a chart in Excel. The chart is basically a 4 quadrant scatter diagram: | x | x | x ------------- x | | x | The datapoints are determined by something like: Data | X | Y --------------------- Data1 25% 15002 Data2 63% 32404 Data3 51% 98011 .. . . .. . . .. . . Data(N) % # I've been plotting all this out by hand using the scatter chart but as I get more and more datapoints the more time it takes which is why I'm looking for a way to automate it. The solution created needs to be flexible enough to work with a small dataset all the way up to...

LOST CD KEY NUMBER
help, i lost the original case the install cd came with for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the disk under different files to find a source for the number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original registration info and get microsoft to give me an install cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer? any suggestions? fred How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup htt...

Formula to Convert Numbers to Words
What is the formula to convert numbers to words? Example: Number Words 568 Five Hundred Sixty Eight There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Kiley" wrote: > What is the formula to convert numbers to words? > > Example: > > Number Words > 568 Five Hundred Si...

How do I add a limit line to a chart, so I can see where a data p.
I'm trying to show a reference limit on a chart. That way I can see where the bar lies relative to that limit that is constant throughout the series established for the bar. Patrick - Try one of these: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Patrick question on chart reference wrote: > I'm trying to show a reference limit on a chart. That way I can see where > the bar lies relative to that limit that is constant throughout...

letter to number formulas
hi, I'm having trouble finding a way to formulate a cell so when colleague enters a Letter a specifiic cell would display a number valu relating to that letter. For example is the Letter M = 5, then when a colleague enters a M i say A1, a number 5 would automatical be added to A2 I hope I'm clear enough!!! Cheer -- wildoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wildomac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1681 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32012 Hi as a starting poi...

rounding #9
is there a way to have a column round automatically instead of having to round onto another column? I don't want to add another column to just be able to round. -- denhar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24089 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378356 If the column contains formulas, the formulas can incorporate the Round() function within themselves. For example, if the formula is: =A1*B1 it could be revised to: =ROUND(A1*...

chart #10
Can you add a new set of data to an existing chart? Copy the new data Click on Chart Use menu item Edit | Paste Special and in the dialog stipulate New Series Indicate if data is in rows or columns (Excel generally gets this right) Click OK Note you can select just the y-values, or both x- and y-values. In the latter case, you need to specify in the Paste Special dialog that the first column (row) holds x-values best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "M Higgins" <M Higgins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Stored Procudures to increment invoice and payment numbers
Hi, Im a GP-econnect newbie, I wanted to know if there where stored pro that increment invoice, check, and payment numbers? or does anyone know what table they are stored in? I am trying to avoid duplicates. There is an assembly, Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.MiscRoutines, sorry I cannot recall the name precisely. You can call a method called getNextSopNumber to get next sop number. If you don't roll back failed trans with another method in the assembly, no problem. There is a stored proc., sopGetIDNumber that lock sop40200 while updating it. You can search the group for my posts ...

Best Practice for large number of checkbox/bit attributes
I am working on a deployment of CRM 3.0 for my company and one of the requirements is to track a large number of checkboxes (bit fields) for contacts. These are used to track skill sets, certifications, and other similar data. There are about 125 of these items and they could add to this list over time. Looking at this requirement from my ASP.NET background, I would easily solve this with a lookup table of "skills" with all the skills listed and allow the user to add skills and populate a "user_skills" table based on what they added. However, I just can't get my min...

PPT 07 from PPT03 imported slides doe not 'insert' slide number
Since migrating to MS Office 2007, my old slides when upgraded to PPT 07 will not allowme to add a page numberon the slides. I have saved the slide show to a new show, I have tried placin gin the field on Master View, I have simply tied the 'button' to insert slide number. I get no results, after multiple multiple efforts. Anyone fiind a work around? I do not need to re-build 60-slides for training just to have a page number. Hi, You need to ensure that the slide number placeholder is set in the master template. Slide master/ master layout/ tick slide number >...

round() ?
Hello How can i round float to 2 digits after '.' ? Thanx Quick and Dirty: Multiply by 100, add 0.5 (to round up correctly). convert to long, then back to float, then divide by 100. This is limited to values that will fit within a long, and is not efficient. It is reliable. also: float val; val = val - fmod(val, .01); Or, the real thing: char *_fcvt( double value, int count, int *dec, int *sign ); Which is a char string, which you can then feed to atof() and get your rounded value back. Alas, beware errors in precision limits! Balboos user@domain.invalid wrote: >...

Rounding question
I'm using Excel 2007 but 'save as' 97-2003 as colleagues have different versions. All number formats are set to 2 decimal places. I'm finding that percentage calculations are rounding up to 2 decimal places but when the result in currency is subtracted from another figure the sum is rounded down. This gives results such as 6 - 3 = 4. I'm sure there must be a simple answer but I can't find it. Hoping someone here knows, as checking all simple calcuations is getting ridiculous ! Carrie "Carrie" <pantscarolyn.smith2@ntlworld.com> w...

Error number 0x80000003
Hello, Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box will say MSASCui.exe application error 0x80000003..ISP told me I have spyware and malware..Any fix here short of using the Restore disk by wiping out the hard drive...Thanks,Nick NICK MEALE wrote: > Hello, > Have XP Home Edition,Service Pack 3..I can only use safe mode to a limited > degree..The Internet will freexe in short order...Getting to desktop a box > will say MSASCui.exe application error...

auot numbering
hi all,i have made an invoicve and saved as a template.is there a way to get a sequential number each time an invoice is opend and saved as a customer name?any help would be appreciated.thx wyn -- WYN someone had a similar question about automatic sequencing. here is th code someone posted for that query: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Integer = 1 Const MYAPPLICATION As String = "Excel" Const MYSECTION As String = "myInvoice" Const MYKEY As String = "myInvoiceKey" Const MYLOCATION As String = "A1" Dim regValue As Long With ThisW...

Problem with rounding currency values
Hi, I am using the Sales Global Procedure SOP_Calculate_Trade_Discount_Split. This procedure returns the line trade discount. The line trade discount returned is rounded off. eg: if value is 6.76 then it returns 7.00. Is there some place where i can specify to turn off the rounding off? The output type is Currency. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Sup ...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Pie Chart with other charts representing each slice
Hello, I wasn't sure where to start researching this, so I'm starting here. I have a user who would like to create a pie chart representing totals. She would then like to have "offshoot" charts indicating the values used to arrive at the total for each slice. These separate charts should be positioned next to each slice it represents. Can Excel do this automatically, or will she have to create charts for each slice separately? We are using Excel 2007. Thanks for any suggestions - please let me know if more detail is needed. Hi, Nothing built-in, you will have to c...

how do i number tickets in publisher
i am trying to create tickets and need to number them. is there a way to do it in publisher rather than by hand A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from lujiraj <lujiraj@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > i am trying to create tickets and need to number them. is there a > way to do it in publisher rather than by hand Try http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

lack of chart uniformity
Hello, I want all of my charts to have the exact same formatting. All of the data has the same range on the chart, the same number of variables, and they also have the same axis and titles as defined in a user-defined chart. However, each time I make a chart for each worksheet, each chart comes out different. Meaning, the font size of the axis or title bars will vary or the alignment of these bars will also vary. What should I do to make everything uniform without having to reformat every single chart each time I make a change? Aja - I find that the features in a chart that I haven'...

Auto Creation of a Customer Number
Good day! I am working on some interfaces between our Great Plains application and our Line of Business application. One of the requests that came up was the ability to have a customer number created automatically when we create a customer. Rather than have the Great Plains user enter a number that may or may not already exist, our hope is that the application would look in the existing table of customers, and using a select max(custnmbr), add 1 to the existing max value, and then place it into the customer number field. I was thinking that I would use a trigger on the insert of the...

Chart Wont Print
Hi I have a created a chart and it is located within a worksheet. Problem is that it wont print the chart. It is all gray. Wheni click on the grap it shows my graph but then wont print the worksheet. Can someone Help me Thanks in advance I just tried to print a worksheet that had a chart on it. When I checked the 'Draft Quality' option in 'Page Setup' the chart does not print. When unchecked the chart printed. Also, make sure that the 'Print Object' Chart property is checked. HTH, John "Andrew C" wrote: > Hi > > I have a creat...

Linking Visio chart with excel database?
I have created an organizational chart in visio 2003 and am now attempting to link it back to the excel document. I tried using both the database wizard and the link to database under visio extras, but no success. I cannot even get all the way through the wizard. It will not allow me to define a table to link the document to, and says that the connection has failed. Do i need the ODBC tool? Is excel compliant? Please help! Hi Devin, If you start with Visio's Org Chart Wizard template, there's a wizard that helps you to link various database types to an actual Org Chart featu...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

Format Numbers
How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time calculations? Left out that I need them to change automaticlly "DMJohnson" wrote: > How do I set up numbers to format different colors depending on +/- in time > calculations? Have a look at Data/Conditional Formatting. HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49742 ...