Retrieving data from database (MS Sql Server) to Excel

i have a database using MS Sql Server
i also have an Excel form which retrieves certain data from the database
the hard thing here is the data needs to be updated each time the Excel form
is opened/viewed.
i will be uploading my project to my server , hence user just need to enter
the url something like - http://servername/projectname/sheet1.xls
0
nwhan (4)

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

what is difference between MS office 2003 and XP and 2002
Office XP and 2002 are the same thing... and http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/compare.m spx? >-----Original Message----- > > >. > ...

serialize from excel file
I am working on getting an excel file into Great Plains through econnect. I need an example on how to serialize an excel file. If anyone has any code which will show me how to serialize an excel file, I will appreciate if you can post. Jack (jacktundra@hotmail.com) ...

[MFC + DAO] Data selection
Hi, I've connection to database ( .mdb file) In one of tabels i've some fields: e.g like those: idTab - Autonumering idWho - Number idOK - Number idBad - Number And what i want to do is: const char pszIDTabFind[] = "idTab = %s "; CString strId - ID taken from another table CString str; str.Format( pszIDTabFind, strID ); RS.FindFirst ( str ); And what i get? An exception:/ !! Sth like : "Operation for this object is not supported" Why i can't find any data? What's more if i search for strings everything goes ok. Could You please tell me how should i...

Excel on the Web
I am new at this and would like to know how to put an excel workbook out on the web for data entry. Any thoughts would be appreciated as to how to get started. Thanks Frank ...

Quarterly Data in Pivot Table
Hi Everyone, I am using Excel 2003. I just made my first pivot table last week. I have a chart and a sheet that I created from the wizard. I have grouped by years, quarters and months. On my sheet, I can see the years and months but not the data by quarter. I have noticed that I can double click on my year and it collapses down. I only have data from April thru Dec 2008, then Jan thru Dec 2009, and this year Jan thru March. I would like to know how to view the quarter data Thanks, Linda Hey Guys, Nevermind. I just dropped the month out of my grouping and ...

Data Table Manipulation
I have a rather large data table (~6600 lines of data) that has severa different locations, dates, times and then events for eac Location/Time pair. For example, at Location 1 at 12:00 on 5/6/200 there were 5 events. I'm trying to figure out the average number o events across all dates for a particular location and time (i.e Location 1 generally has 4.3 events at 13:00) Right now I'm doing brute for method with data filtering and using the automatic averag function imbedded in Excel 2000. I was curious if there is a mor elegant and easier solution, Currently it takes me about an ...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Exchange Database Maintenance
Hi, Whenever I perform the brick level backup of the exchange 2003 i´m getting a database corruption error in some messages. I know that I can use the eseutil.exe (to perform an on-line defragmentation) tool and the isinteg.exe (to perform the cleaning). I also know that when he makes the cheking of the database, it deletes the messages. Is there any other way to correct the corruption without losing the messages? Regards, -- MaKeItSo On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:31:01 -0700, Ricardo (SA) <RicardoSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Whenever I perform the br...

Extra SQL row--bad table buffer--help!
I have a window in a custom form with data associated to rows in the scrolling window for the Payables Distribution form (through the VCHRNMBR and DSTSQNUM--it's a one-to-one relationship). When the row changes, the window saves any user changes. Suppose I have three rows of distributions, and have saved data for rows 1 and 2. Then I go back in and change the data associated with row 2, click "OK" and close the window. When I do this, I'm getting an extra row in SQL with the VCHRNMBR and DSTSQNUM of row 3 of the scrolling window, and all the user information for ...

Installing CRM On Member Server
Hi, I posted this in another news group and after 2 days no answer. I have installed CRM 4.0 on a member server, for approx 30 mins all users on the network (enabled in CRM) were able to access the server. Then users were asked for a user name and password which after 3 attempts the 401 IIS error page appeared (not authorised). Are there any considerations for installing on a member server or do I need to do anything in IIS to authenticate the domain users. I really need help with this please Hi David, what's buffling is that users are able to access server for about 30 minutes...

Has anyone converted an MS Access VBA project to .Net?
I am looking for any information regarding the conversion of an MS Access VBA project with backend of Oracle to either Visual Basic or VB.Net. Has anyone done any conversion like this and if so, do they have any recommendations, issues to share? Thanks! ...

data validation and null text
Is there a method (no macro) to prevent that when editing a cell it cannot contains a null (blank) text? I have tried with cell A1 inserting the following formula in Data validation: "=(LEN(A1)>0)" but it does not work. Uncheck the ignore blank checkbox as well. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Scarababau" <scarabeo@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:1143794739.937316.163040@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Is there a method (no macro) to prevent that when editing a cell it > cannot contains a null (blank)...

Change source data in a pivot chart
Hi All I have a stack of pivot tables each with a pivot chart. I now need to move the location ot the Pivot tables which is the source data to the charts. But in Chart=>Source data.. is dimmed out and i can't find a way of changing the pivot chart's pivot table location. Any suggestions?? TIA jpohnb Did you try moving the pivot table to see what would happen? I just did a quick test with a pivot table and standalone chart. I cut the pivot table and copied it to a different sheet, and the pivot chart knew where the pivot table ended up. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Problems using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003
we are using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003 and experiencing the following problem: The problem is that once the outlook shared contact file was placed on a shared server, employees discovered that when an invitation is sent out to other members it would not come up as a "decline" or "accept" message but just as a plain text message informing them of a meeting. Any suggestion? Thanks Pete wrote: > we are using exchange server 5.5 sp3 with outlook 2003 and > experiencing the following problem: > > The problem is that once the outlook shared contact...

More SQL help!
Can somebody give me a query which will return from my HQ database all items which have no tax assigned (via the store tax tab in HQ) Thanks again! This is what I run periodically to check for no tax ... SELECT ITEMDYNAMIC.STOREID AS 'Store ID', ITEM.ITEMLOOKUPCODE AS 'Item', ITEM.DESCRIPTION AS 'Description', ITEM.BINLOCATION AS 'Bin Location', ITEMDYNAMIC.QUANTITY AS 'Quantity', ITEM.PRICE AS 'Price', ITEMDYNAMIC.TAXID AS 'Tax ID' FROM ITEMDYNAMIC LEFT JOIN ITEM ON ITEM.ID = ITEMDYNAMIC.ITEMID WHERE ITEMDYNAMIC.TAXID ...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Excel 2003 #7
Hi all, When I copy a set of row under Excel 2003 from machine A, then try to "paste special" to another worksheet to machine B. I can't find "value" after I clicked "paste special". Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook freeze with each input of data
Hello, I have the following problem. I work with the laptop client 3.0. With each input of data Outlook freezes. Then I have to shut down the task. This problem arises in similar way with each Client. Any ideas? Greetings, Stefan ...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

max data transfer in storport driver
hi all, i am trying to find the max buffer size a storport miniport can transfer. as per my understanding in ATA driver it is max upto 128KB but not sure about storport. is it 16 MB max? what are the parameters which will affect the max data transfers size in storport? is it true that in PORT_CONFIGURATION_INFO data structure, number of physical breaks and max transfer size decides the maximum data transfer length from port driver? please reply, thanks, Hitesh On Aug 3, 12:09=A0am, hitesh <hitesh.ughr...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi all, > i am trying to find the...

max # of spreadsheets in a workbook Excel 2000?
Limited by your RAM In article <C50B62BB-79FF-4DA3-A331-BAEB197A484A@microsoft.com>, PRS <PRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Dynamic copying of data to new sheets
I need to create a seperate sheet in an excel workbook that contains th information from a data sheet. There are multiple columns and I need to seperate the rows out tha match values in one column. Number Status Notes 1 Fail none 2 Pass none 3 Not Run none 4 Missing none I need to make a seperate sheet for fail, pass, not run, and missing. I would like these sheets to update automatically, as the data sheet i quite large and it would take sometime to update the information b hand. Thanks, Quirthano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...