retrieve unsaved work

I accidentally hit the no button when asked to save my work in exel.  How can
I retrieve this information

You cannot retrieve this work if you were not running the AutoSave add-in
which is not avilable in version 2002 and 2003.

If you were, you may have a recently autosaved version.

Otherwise.......out of luck.

For future download Jan Karel Pieterse's AutoSafe add-in.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a user
selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:39:02 -0800, "atennislady"
<atennislady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accidentally hit the no button when asked to save my work in exel.  How can
>I retrieve this information

0
Gord

rules not working consistently #3
Ok, Outlook 2003. I am getting a ton of junk mail for various medications (you know the medication that comes in a blue diamond shaped tablet) (see the last paragraph of this post). So I created a "rule" to delete any incoming message with in the subject. But the rule works inconsistently. Most such messages do get deleted, but not all of them. And I can't figure out why it's inconsistent. There is nothing wrong with rule; if I go into the Junk Mail Folder, and I "run rule now", it gets rid of those messages in the Junk Mail Folder with the medication'...

Photo Galary photo override not working
When I right click in a photo group there is the properties popup that has two options: 1> use formatting from page and 2> the OVERRIDE and use cstom formatting. Well I had a HD crash an lost everthing. So with the replacement I installed FP 2003 back. Since I had a copy of MySite I opened it up to add comments to a photo page but it locked up when I tried to use the over ride and use custom. How do I get back to the over ride that I had use of before on the other HD before it crashed??? Southern -- Laissez Les bon Temps Roulez Did I ask a weird question? W...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Auto-save of e-mail does not work with Word as mail editor!
I am using Office Microsoft Professional 2003, with Windows XP Pro with SP2. I use Outlook as my main e-mail program, and have "use Word as e-mail editor" selected. I have "auto-save" chosen in preferences, so while writing a longer e-mail, at specified time intervals the message will auto save, so that if my computer crashes while writing, I will not have lost what I write. However, while writing an e-mail that takes longer than the specified time interval for auto-save, a box keeps popping up that says (with "Microsoft Word" in the heading): "Savin...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search Doesn't Work
No matter what I try, no results are returned. I followed a microsoft help document about re-building the indexes but still nothing. I'm using the very latest Windows Desktop 3.0 Search engine release, and Office 2007 Pro Plus. Any ideas? This is Office 2007 RTM/Final? Have you left Outlook open over night already? Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR): http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/custo...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Outlook Rules work sporatically
I will try to be thorough, my Outlook rules, work on occasion. The rules are setup up to move emails from my inbox to other personal folders I have created, but at times they work, at times they don't. I have erased all of the rules and recreated them and the problem still persists, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Corky Is it possible that multiple rules are acting on a single message, producing results that are not what you intended? If so, try adding "stop processing more rules" to your rules and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

working with excel
i am using check boxs for yes and no questions,how do i simplify the size and centering them on a row and column? There are two different checkboxes--one from the controltoolbox toolbar and one from the forms toolbar. This code will fill the topleft cell with the checkbox: Option Explicit Sub testme1() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject Dim myCBX As CheckBox For Each OLEObj In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeOf OLEObj.Object Is MSForms.CheckBox Then With OLEObj .Top = .TopLeftCell.Top .Height = .TopLeftCell.Height .Wi...

OWA stopped working #2
1. Exchange 2000. I have been using OWA for at least 2 months fine 2. Now any attempt at going to the URL ip.ip.ip.ip/exchange gives me an error message of "Cannot find server or DNS Error". Even if I log into the server that hosts exchange I still get that error message 3. I think the problem started when I rebooted the server after it had run for > 3 months. Now upon reboot there is in the Event log 3 events from W3SVC: "unable to add virtual directory [or virtual root, I cant remember which] for /public, /exchadmin, /exchweb, citing 'cannot find specified pat...

Rule does not work
Using Outlook 2003 and trying to get a rule to automatically forward a message after it arrives in the inbox. The rule works fine when manually (run rules now) run. Have tried on a different computer with same results. Have tried sending to various recipients with same results. Have tried switching back and forth between cached and normal mode. If the rule works manually, why does it not work automatically? What am I missing? Still seeking help on this issue... >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook 2003 and trying to get a rule to >automatically forward a message ...

Retrieving comment using range name
I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the referenced ranges (singular cells)? Thanks in advance, Tomek Set testrng = Range("A3:A4", "C3:C4") comment1 = testrng(1).Comment.Text .... commentn = testrng(n).Comment.Text Stefi „topola” ezt írta: > I have singular cells in different places referenced by their range > names. Is there a way to get the comments corresponding to the > referenced ranges (singular cells)? > Thanks in advance, > Tomek > > did yo...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

PSD: Task Assignments & Work Adjustments
Is there a way for Project to allow me to add new resources to a task and not have it adjust everyones allocation? I would prefer it increment total work effort. One would think that Fixed Units would accomplish this; however... PSD -- You need to deselect the Effort Driven option for the task. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "projectserverdragon" <projectserverdragon@discussions.micr...

Clicking through to unopened work books
For my job I have lots of work books that all filter into one main work book. On my last Excel I had the option of double clicking on a formula on the main work book and it would take me to the destination work book (even if it wasn't open) it was pointed at. I am now using a new version of Excel and this is no longer working. I have tried the help function and that has shed no light on the situation (although I have learnt quite a bit about hyperlinks!!) Is there a way to turn on this function, as it would save me from trawling through numerous drives and files? Thanks Nick --- Messa...

Retrieving lost messages after Synchronization in Outlook Express
Setup for my hotmail messages to be downloaded to Outlook Express. When tried to connect to see an old message, didn't realize that it was setup to auto synch. My messages were deleted from hotmail, and are now lost on Outlook Express after synching. Is there anyway to retrieve the lost messages from Outlook Express? I really needed some of the items in there, and had downloaded them so they wouldn't be lost. Thanks! ...

Office 2000 Macros do not work in Office for Mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel A previous employee set up a Macro so that when a cell in an Excel sheet was filled in, the contents of another cell would be copied and pasted into a Word document. This meant that when work reached a particular stage, the name and address of the client would be copied and entered into a Word template ready to send to the appropriate place. <br><br>However, this only works on the PCs running Office 2000; the Macs running Office for Mac 2004 (which I am told still has VBA on board) are unable to run this ...

Retrieve
Hi how do i retrieve all the postings i have posted in this group. sometimes forget of where i posted my i will be glad to get to know how to pull out my own questions cheers Click on your name to view the profile...Then click 'Recent posts by this user' http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&p=1&tid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a&mid=467a932d-65b6-4bb1-98e1-25def53a971a -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Amin" wrote: > Hi how ...

Retrieving
Is there any way to retrieve how many web pages are opened by Internet Explorer, and what URLs are opened by it, from another process? I searched for IHTMLDocument5 and so on, however, I could't find any hint. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

Workflows that dont work
I have found that it if i am logged on as administrator who is not a user of CRM and create a Workflow rule, it will never run. However, If I log on as a CRM admin, reopen the rule, then save it, the workflow works everytime. So, when ever someone creates a workflow, calls me on the phone, I now tell them this first, it seems to fix the problem more often then not. More to the point, Microsoft will tell you every time that workflows should be created by a CRM administrator who is not in restricted access mode. "Dan white" wrote: > I have found that it if i am logged on a...

CListCtrl sort not working
I have a CListCtrl. In response to pressing one of the columns, I process the LVN_COLUMNCLICK notification by calling SortItems() and providing a callback. The two parameters coming to my callback function are always zero. The documentation implies that the two parameters are indexes of two rows to be compared. I did a search and found this FAQ http://www.celticwolf.com/FAQs/CListCtrl_FAQ.html#Q14 that says those parameters are really the 32 bit data item stored in the row item. I confirmed this. Unfortunately the FAQ doesn't suggest how this should be used. I did try to set the da...

OWA on Exchange 2007 not working
I have installed Exchange 2007 EE and moved my mailbox. I've also created the OWA Virtural Directory via Power Shell. To access my mailbox via OWA I keyed" http://servername/owa/userid I've received the logon screen for OWA and entered my userid and password. When I click the Logon button I get the following message: Page not found HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS) Does anyone know why or have I may have missed trying to configure OWA in Exchange 2007 EE? I've created OWA under the "Default Web Site". Wh...

Cashflow no longer working
Cashflow (in MS Money 2002 Financial Suite UK Edition) is no longer working and I believe its due to a corruption in one of my accounts. An MS Knowledge Base article suggests exporting to QIF and importing to a new account to remove corruption, but this method creates duplicate transfer transactions. I would like to avoid recreating all the accounts affected via transfers, which include many investment accounts and ordinary bank accounts. I've also tried salvage routines but no errors found. Is there another way of identifying a corrupt transaction or has anyone discovered sp...

UserAccounts.CommonDialog
Sure would oblige a message box returning the full path of a file browsed. -- Thanx & Best Regards, Not sure what the question is and why want to use the UserAccounts CommonDialog Guessing, if you want to browse to a file with a view to opening it, try something like this - Sub getOpenFile() Dim sFile As String Dim vReturn As Variant vReturn = Application.GetOpenFilename() If VarType(vReturn) = vbBoolean Then MsgBox "User cancelled" Else sFile = vReturn MsgBox sFile End If End Sub See GetOpenFilename in help and ...

No free/busy information could be retrieved
Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned off, users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned on it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information is available after 5.5 is turned off? -- Thanks Sounds like you forgot to re-home the System Public Folders (specifically the Free/Busy Public Folder) before turning the old server off. Follow the details in this article for a list of things you should do in order to retire the 5.5 server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 - referen...