restrict a user from opening a dbf file from excel?

how can i restrict a user from opening a dbf file from excel? and how can i
restrict him from saving an excel file as DBF? thanks
0
WyldX (1)

User Form
Hello, Anyone who can help me with this problem/error in Excel 2000. System Error &H8007000B (-2147024885) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Error was encountered when trying to Insert a UserForm. Excel --> Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor --> Insert --> UserForm Appreciate any assistance. Thanks. ...

if conditions in EXCEL
Hi. Generally, how can we apply an if condition in a column?. For example let say that I have a column D1:D1000. How can I say in D1001, if all cells include numbers multiply them (D1*D2*….D1000), else if one cell include text or blank then don’t print anything in D1001. Thank you. This should give you a start =IF(OR(ISBLANK(D1:D8),ISTEXT(D1:D8)),"",D1*D2*D3*D4*D5*D6*D7*D8) Insert as a array Ctrl + Shift + Enter. -- VBA Noob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Unable to use Open File Dialog with namespace clsid on Vista
Hi, I'm using VC6/MFC. The following code CFileDialog dlg(TRUE) ; dlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "::{<clsid>}" ; dlg.DoModal() ; where <clsid> is the id of a shell namespace (e.g. Recycle Bin is {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}) This allows an app to set the initial dir for a file dialog to a special folder or a custom namespace extension. This works fine on Win2k, 2003, and XP. On Vista RC2 no matter which namespace clsid is given the dialog always opens at My Documents. I haven't been able to test on the released version of Vista. I need to make it u...

Ex2K
How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? Thanks in advance. Kind of ambiguous question....to the console, or via MAPI? You can download ExMon, which will show users mapi sessions...http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNews/April-2005-Exmon-Tool-Released.html "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23juh2L4TGHA.5496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? > > Thanks in advance. > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:38:50 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglo...

Converting A Word Table To Excel
Hello to all - Is it possible to convert a table created in Word to an Excel spreadsheet? If so, please advise. I have a form that I created in Word that I would like to convert into an Excel Spreadsheet Thank you. In Word, select the table and copy it In Excel, select a cell and paste. Be aware that you will need to perform some modest re-formatting -- Gary's Student "The Inquirer" wrote: > > Hello to all - > > Is it possible to convert a table created in Word to an Excel spreadsheet? > If so, please advise. > I have a form that I created in Word t...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

copying information from various excel files
HELP PLEASE!!! I need your help with the following situation: I have multiple excel files that have the same exact structure. Have to search across all of the files for two different strings, which should both be prompted (stra and strb). This information prompted should be compared, (stra) with the values in column c (if this is true), then strb with the values in column d. If both criterias are located in the SAME row, I have to display the information on columns e and f. Thanks to all of you for your help. Marcelo This might work for you if all your workbooks are in the same folder. ...

Journal 2003 tracking of Project 2007 file
We currently use Office 2003 but have Project 2007. In Journal Options we've turned on "Also Record Files from Microsoft Project", but no journal entries are created (works fine for Word 2003, Excel 2003, Access 2003). We tried saving the Project file in 2000-2003 format, still no journal entry. Is it just a version issue (Project 2007 vs Office 2003) and/or is there a workaround? Thanks. Darwin Ask this in the project newsgroup where the project experts hang out On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft....

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...

How do I set up invoice automatic numbering in excel?
Hi Tracy See this example http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE06A732-FF63-4156-8423-DE5BCA381388@microsoft.com... > ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

File extension .wps
We are a recruiting firm and we very occasionally receive a cover letter and/or a resume in a format that we cannot open. The files have a .wps extension. What is the software that they are using. We call the people but they are customarily so computer illeterate that they have no idea what we are talking about. Thanks in advance for your help. Mark I think this format is Microsoft Works "Mark Maire" <marksr@mricc.com> wrote in message news:014601c37ec6$052c2770$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are a recruiting firm and we very occasionally receive > a cover letter an...

How to change CFileDialog Open button text
Using VC++ 6.0... I want to use the CFileDialog to allow the user to select a file to delete. I would like to change the text of the "Open" button to "Delete". Is there an easy way to do that, or do I need to go the route of creating a new dialog template based on the common dialog and add a button there? ....mcs Meade, You can derive from CFileDialog and do all kind of stuff in the class. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Meade Swenson" <meade@ieee.org> a �crit dans le message de news:uxrqLzn8EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Using VC++ ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Non Domain Users in CRM??
Is it possible to have non domain users in CRM? The reason i ask, is because we just went to an Active Directory Domain last March, and made the change from Novell and Lotus Notes, to AD and Exchange. I have allot of users who arent actually using the domain, and log into thier local machine. they have accounts in the AD for Exchange, and other stuff, but they will not want to be forced over to the daomain for this program.... any ideas? Rodney yes, all of them have domain accounts. We use Exchange, and they need it for that, as well as other network security. Rodney Alistaird @ ...

Closing and re-opening forms on exit
Is there any method that when i exit a field on a form, that i canon the exit button tell the form to close and automatically reopen again. I use an "Udate" command in the form, and i need to write the date before i go to the start of the form again -- Many Thanks Kevin On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:02:00 -0700, Kevin wrote: > Is there any method that when i exit a field on a form, that i canon the exit > button tell the form to close and automatically reopen again. > I use an "Udate" command in the form, and i need to write the date before i > go to the start o...

gridlines won't print Excel 97
Hi all, I'm using Excel 97, part of Office Pro Suite, and am trying to print the gridlines in a large document.. I gone to page setup, clicked on "Sheet" and ticked the gridline box, but it does not show in preview, nor does it print the gridlines.. Am I forgetting to do something? thanks, gary If you've changed the fill color (even to white), then you won't see those gridlines on your paper. You could use apply borders instead (under Format|Cells|border tab) If you applied a white fill color in error, just change it to "no fill". niteowl wrote: > >...

wmv file does not play for correct duration
The File is 6.78MB, and says it is 1:38:35 long, but only plays for about 1 minute before stopping. No reason is given, I cant get the file to play on any other player either. I am currently using XP Pro SP2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 6.78 MB is way too small for more than an hour of video, and the actual play time of 1 minute seems correct. In other words, the file only contains 1 minute of actual audio/video data, and the duration that you're seeing was set incorrectly. Where did you get this file, or how was it created? A possible cause is that the downl...

One User but 2 mailboxes
Hello How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes assigned to that account. They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses that go into one box. Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way? Thanks Richard If this is Exchange 2000 or 2003, then you need one Active Directory account per mailbox. Therefore, you'd need to set up 3 users and assign permissions as you've said below. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news...

what is the path for signature file in Outlook 2007
Hello, Can someone tell me which folder has the signature file in Outlook 2007. i am using windows vista business and outlook 2007 -- 10/31/2009 8:05:02 AM !****************************************! ! Custom Text Line #1a ! ! Custom Text Line #1b ! ! 1 year 6 months 20 days until The ! ! Rapture Of The Believers ! !****************************************! ! "I think there is a world market for ! ! maybe five computers." Thomas Watson, ! ! chairman of IBM, 1943 ! !****************************************...

Chart options grayed out in Excel 2007
I have an excel file with many sheets in it. One entitled "eom proj" which I had a graph in it with my end of month projections until the end of the year. I noticed today that someone had removed the graph, but when I tried to insert another chart, all the options had been grayed out. The sheet is not protected. I went to an older back up file and noticed that everything there was okay but do not want to have to redo all the data from the old file to match the current data when I could just recreate the chart in the current file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ben ...

Opening Office 2010 beta documents with Office 2003
The header says it all. I tried a "patch" or converter I found on the Microsoft web site and installed it, but I get errors that there is not enough memory to open the application. The particular file I am trying to open is an excel file created using a beta copy of MS Office 2010. Office 2003 is a certified, activated, registered release. Is there a file converter for this or do I just have to wait until Microsoft comes out with the final release? Really, I wish there would be SOME backward compatibility with Microsoft's Office products. It seems that whe...

2000 Public calendar corrupt for one user only
Hello We have a public scheduling calendar available to all Outlook users. For one specific user some but not all of the appointment view filters do not filter. For this same user appointments are scrambled (appear on the wrong days) only when using the webmail interface. The user has "Owner" permission for the calendar. How do I fix this user? Thanks I have no idea why or how a Public Folder view filter could work correctly for all users except one. Never-the-less, the problem was corrected when I deleted and recreated the offending filters. -- Rick Wetzel "R...