Resizing row height to dynamically fit height of text box

Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so
that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases,
the row height will also increase?

I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make
the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to
do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height
increases).
0
Jon1 (137)

Not too complicate things too much, but I was also hoping to do this within a
protected sheet.

"Jon" wrote:

> Is there a way to link the height of a text box to the height of a row so
> that as you type text into the text box and the text box's height increases,
> the row height will also increase?
>
> I know That by setting the "Move and size with cells" option you can make
> the TEXT BOX height increase as the ROW height increases, but I'm looking to
> do the opposite (i.e. make the ROW height increase as the TEXT BOX height
> increases).
0
Jon1 (137)

Having trouble with combo boxes.
Is it possible to to use Multiple Combo Boxes to narrow down choices for specfic data in a worksheet? Example: User Selects from choices in Combo Box 1, the choice from that gives the choices for Combo Box 2, which gives you the choices for Combo Box 3? All the Data to fill Combo Box 3 is in an excel worksheet in the same workbook as the User Form. I have the worksheet set up as named ranges "CLLI_GA", etc... Combo box 1 = Customer (Approx 8 customers) Combo box 2 = State (Approx 9 States) Combo box 3 = Office (400 Offices per State) I got the first...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

Formula to return text
Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous text. Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced Cell G95 = NVAA What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks. Maybe =OFFSET(G7,88,0) -- HTH Bob "casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEBF975E-7D02-48DC-836C-5E7A11C27389@microsoft.com... > Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I > canno...

Cascading combo boxes for project
Hi, I am making a generic spreadsheet for a project that I am doing. I have linked a list of drugs in one column with the relevant strength of tablets of each of these drugs. I would like to also link the dose of drug required in another column so that when I choose a specific drug, I can also choose a relevan strength and a relevant dose. For example: DRUG - Abacavir FORMULATION - 200mg tablets or 625mg tablets DOSE - 4mg/kg twice daily. I am struggling to link the relevant dose to the drug. I have used th Indirect method to link the drug names and formulations. Hope you can help!...

Dynamics GP with remote SQL Server across 2MB direct link
I have a client who is wishing to use Dynamics GP with the SQL server hosted remotely. He has a 2MB/sec Direct Internet Link in both directions which he claims is very robust and works well for their .NET developers. He is looking for us to load the GP database on his server and load the client software on his workstations. Does anyone have experience of working using this method which is effectively a 2MB LAN. Thanks Rod Rod, We had a client want to do this with bonded T1's and 3Mbps pipe to their servers at a data center and the performance over it was like swimming in puddin...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

Color Coding Text in Calender
I have trouble with color coding my text in Calendar. My calender is from Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2004. I am attempting to color the activities of each staff member. I get half way through the calendar and the text of all the calendar changes to purple. I've tried it several times and now I'm frustrated. PLEASE SOMEONE...HELP ME! Hi - Maybe split the calendar into several files, since it seems to work part way through... M. >-----Original Message----- >I have trouble with color coding my text in Calendar. My >calender is from Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2004. I am attempting ...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

Text Highlighting in Yellow (2000) ???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable People, Is there a way to highlight text in yellow...in Publisher 2000. This is such a basic text function...available in *Word* for example...& = they can't provide this? Thanks, mark4man ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

Retrieve RGB values of Even Row Banding of User-Defined Table Style
Dear Experts: I got a user-defined table style that has an even row banding (red), i.e. the selected table gets alternately shaded in red/white. The user- defined table style is called (tbl_style_red) Is it possible to retrieve the RGB values (Red/Green/Blue) of the even row banding of this user-defined table style and display the values in a msgbox. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ...

Sorting By a range of rows
This I am sure is the simplest thing, but it does not seem to be for me. I am trying to sort a worksheet by dates but my dates have a different amount of rows in between them all. Example: 11/29 8/23 1/11 1/14 4/25 6/14 6/22 9/19 11/29 It says that I can not sort cells that are not the same size, there ar several columns in this worksheet. Do I group the rows together? I am totally lost. Please help -- JSolesk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JSolesky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

Delete row if cell in col b is blank
Hi I have a large sheet and need a macro to delete any row which does no have a value in column B. So, if B32 was blank, the whole of row 3 would be deleted. Can anyone come up with a simple macro to do this? Thanks, Berti -- claytor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1161 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48322 an easy way is to sort and delete desired or data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281...

color bands for visible rows only
I've been using the information at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm to band rows for a while now. This works great for lists when I am sorting. I would now like to band a filtered list. But, this method bands by row numbers, including the rows hidden by the filter criteria. Is there a method to band only the rows currently visible? I suppose I could develop something with the Advanced Filter copy to another location option, but I'm hoping for a more direct approach. Any ideas? Thanks, -- tj I have just updated my Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows". It now provides ...

text list
I have the following list: AAA AAA AAA XXX XXX BB AAA XXX BB BB XXX and I'd like to transform in this: AAA XXX BB in others words, I want to group all cells of a column by value in another column. Any ideas? One way: Select the column. Choose Data/Filter/Advanced Filter. Select Copy to another location, and check the Unique items only, and select a location to put your list. In article <eMldrtOiHHA.4288@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "Edson" <ebertini@fecomercio.com.br> wrote: > I have the following list: > > AAA > AAA > AAA > XXX > XXX >...

text size changes in IE
I recently changed from using OE to Outlook XP for my email. It is working fine, but the text size is changing in IE 6, from small to medium. No matter how many times I reset it to small, as soon as I open Outlook XP, IE changes to the medium size text for browsing. Is there any way to change this?? Thanks ...

Disabling Esc and Enter in a Modeless dialog box
I am having a dailog based application in which another dialog is embedded as a child.The settings of this dialog are child with no border and visible. The child dialog is created using the "Create" function of CDialog and hence is modeless. On press of Esc or Enter the dialog gets destroyed. I want to override this normal behaviour. How can this be done? !!! Thanks & regards, Senthil a couple possibilities. 1. change the accelerator key definitions to remove those key mappings 2. override the onok and oncancel member functions of cdialog and make yours not call the cdialog ...

Spellcheck includes reply or forward text
I gradually have become aware that Outlook is now including the original message text in spellcheck when I reply or forward. However, the "Ignore original message text in reply or forward" option is checked on the Spelling tab in Options. I'm running Outlook 2003. What's up with this? Bryan If you're using the option to prefix plain-text replies with a character (like >) then the original will get checked "Bryan L" <blinton.nospam@connellinsurance.nospam.com> wrote in message news:uxpZHuT5FHA.3908@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I gradually ha...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Repeated error dialogue box in Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 as part of Office 2000. Recently I started to get repeated error messages "Microsoft Outlook has encounterered a problem and needs to close...". The message appears a few minutes after opening Outlook. I tried Inbox repair and this didn't stop it so I reinstalled from the CD also without success. I then uninstalled from the CD and reinstalled and this seemed to work for a couple of days and then the message re-appeared. The strange thing is that if I ignore the message Outlook keeps working normally. I thought that the problem might be a fai...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Bold for some of the row in list box.
Hi, I know that there is no ways to bold the rows in a list box so is there a way to make a "LISTBOX" out of other controls so that i can bold the rows? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 How about a small unbound subform? "Benjamins via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I know that there is no ways to bold the rows in a list box so is there a way > to make a "LISTBOX" out of other controls so that i can bold the rows? > > -- > Message posted via AccessM...