Reserved excel file

What does it mean when you open a excel file and it says
*.xls is reserved by "user name"?
0
Lador

Does Excel 2003 do xml
I have XP home edition. I already added powerpoint 2003 and now I need excel 2003. Do I really have to buy a brand new version of office pro to get excel xml functionality or can I just purchase excel 2003 separately? Do I rate an upgrade since I have separately purchased all but one component of the package? ...

Excel 2007 Ribbon Limitations
I have to admit when I first started using the ribbon I struggles with it, but recognised it "should" make my life easier as it does put the most frequent features first. The problem is, Microsoft have removed half the functionality and made just a pain in the butt Simple things like removing a border format is now no longer a single click. Even adding a left border is now two clicks, one to get a list of border options from the Home-borders icon, the second to pick the left border. So I added the left, right, top and bottom border command to the Quick access toolbar so now at lea...

File Reservation
Hi to all, I'm using Excel 97 SR-2 with Win XP SP2 on a home computer that's linked to another computer, and experiencing an intermittent problem for which I would like a solution. Sometimes, when I double click an Excel file I get the message: "File Reservation 'filename.xls' is being modified by Username Open as read-only, or choose Notify to be alerted when it is available" There are three buttons - Read Only, Notify, and Cancel. If I click 'Cancel' then double click the file again it opens normally. When it happens the second computer is not run...

find action on log file

Excell Lookup formula question, 2 criteria
I must be missing something in my formula, please help! (Letters in column A, header row 1) Looking for formula to say if in Cell H1, "b", and Cell H2, "7", to return 15.20% Cell H3 Letter 1 6 7 a 2.00% 2.29% 2.00% b 17.60% 15.25% 15.20% c 17.70% 15.35% 15.30% d 17.80% 15.45% 15.40% e 17.90% 15.55% 15.50% You need to use the INDEX function. Assuming your table is in A1:D6, the formula is this: =INDEX(B2:D6,MATCH(H1,A2:A6,0),MATCH(H2,B1:D1,0)) -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "MrsRo...

Printing problem with the excel 97 to Excel XP
After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but my problem is the spacing which is not the same as it was using excel 97. If you changed your operating system at the same time that you upgraded Excel, you may need a new print driver. Go to the printer manufacturer's web site, and check for downloads available for your printer and operating system. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I > copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but ...

Bug in German Office/Excel 2007 on German Systems
Hello. I've a German Windows XP Pro SP2 and of course a keyboard with German layout. Since I've installed my copy Office 2007 RTM from MSDN one key combination no longer works, maybe others too. On German (and I guess other European keyboard layouts too) there is the EURO-Symbol � (\u20AC) which normally can be typed with the key combination / shortcut AltGr + E or Ctrl + Alt + E. Since I've installed Office 2007 this shortcut does not work anymore. Instead it starts Excel which is a bug, because the � is a common and often used character in Europe, because it's our c...

I need to get Excel to check dates for membership expiration and flag member if
Well ive came up with another problem that i need solved again so i have come back to the message boards. If none of you guys remember me I am the secreatary of a Bass fishing club in my area. My members are all supposed to be members of the B.A.S.S.. What I would like excel to do for me is check their expiration dates on their B.A.S.S. membership to see if they are still good. If not then flag their name on my standings sheet so i can remind them to renew their membership. All I have done is put the expiration date of each member in another cell beside their name. What i would like it to do ...

Watermark in Excel
Can anyone tell me how to add a watermark to a document in Excel? Thanks for any tips you can provide. Try this MKeane You can use Word Art, remove the lines, color with 25% gray, click semi-transparent (or in latest version set the transparency to your desire). Rotate to desired angle. On the screen, when you type over the mark, it looks a bit fuzzy but prints out wonderfully If you have many to do try this: Here is some code from L. Howard Kittle. In this Zip file you can find 4 example workbooks with code to insert watermarks in to your pages. 1 : Watermark Horizontal LANDSCAPE 2 : ...

how to change the icon of excell 2007 into other one
pls do advice me to change the icon of excell,Thank you Right click the icon and select properties. In short cut tabs find in "Change Icon" box in the middle bottom. Click and continue -- R. Khoshravan Please click "Yes" if it is helpful. "Mystery" wrote: > pls do advice me to change the icon of excell,Thank you ...

How Backup Office Data Files?
I did a search for this in google groups, but found no answers. My problem. I need to install XP Pro. I have XP HE but I need to do a clean install and this will wipe out the Outlook 2000 personal folders and address book. I can't figure out how to save them. In previous versions of Outlook, I could back-up the personal address book (PAB file) and the personal folders (PST files). And they could be restored. In Outlook 2000 these files now have a Office Data File extension. How do you back them up now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Roger Raj wrote: > I did a search for...

EXCEL to TEXT file
I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? Thanx in advance Hi just save it as 'Text' file. see the options in the SaveAs dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve wrote: > I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you > get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? > Thanx in advance "Steve" <sjeffery@unch.unc.edu> wrote > I know how to convert .txt file to excel spreadsheet, but how do you > get EXEL spreadsheet to a .txt file ? In addition to what Frank ...

interactive graphs in excel
I did come across an article for changing data interactively. Can some one point me to that. Thanks MVM Jon Peltier has instructions for interactive charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#SheetControls If that's not what you're looking for, someone may be able to help if you provide a few more details as to what article you saw. MVM wrote: > I did come across an article for changing data interactively. Can some one > point me to that. > Thanks > MVM -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.ht...

EXCEL POINT OF SALE QUOTING
I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP A DOOR QUOTING WORKBOOK. FROM A FRONTEND PAGE I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK UP PRICES FROM SEVERAL VENDORS, WITH SEVERAL CATEGORIES IN EACH QUOTE [DOOR, SIDELITE, TRANSOM, JAMB, ETC.] BACKEND PAGES WOULD BE A LISTPRICE BY SKU AND VENDORS. I ENVISION EACH CATEGORY AS A SEPARATE WORKSHEEK. hi, See Vlookup in excel help Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP A DOOR QUOTING WORKBOOK. FROM A FRONTEND PAGE I WOULD >LIKE TO LOOK UP PRICES FROM SEVERAL VENDORS, WITH SEVERAL CATEGORIES IN EACH >QUOTE [DOOR, SIDELITE, TRANSOM, JAMB, ETC.]...

Emails from excel
Bernie Forgive me for jumping in on this, you seem to be the only person that has put forward a code that works first time. I ought to mention I am very new to all this and just getting my head round it. The code you set out for Ken works well however there are a couple of amendments I need to make but I'm struggling if you can help I'd be grateful. The issues are: How can I get the code to recognise a column rather than just one cell and I keep getting a debug coming up that highlights myItem.Send Hi Paul See my site for a lot information http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm...

appending data from text file with different column orderings
I'm interested in appending data to an Access table without having tobe constrained by the order of the columns in an external file. Forinstance, if I have a table with 4 fields - A, B, C, D - I would liketo be able to have my external file in any column order, say D, C, B,A. Is this possible without programming?>From what I've seen, it seems that I would have to have my externalfile ordered the same as the table - A, B, C, D - and I'd like to haveindependence of the table ordering.Denis On Mar 14, 4:37 pm, John Nurick <j.mapSoN.nur...@dial.pipex.com>wrote:> Hi Denis,...

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

macros opening in excel mobile
does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? Not possible (at least not up until 2003), there are some third party spreadsheet programs for mobile users that supposedly support excel macros, have never tried them though -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "crusty53" <crusty53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A3AF3E-A82B-4E27-9A81-2247AEA8FCF5@microsoft.com... > does anyone know if possible to open macros in excel mobile? ...

Excel Calendars
How to change a calendar in excel from Mon-Sun to Sun-Sat? What kind of calendar? "bkwalton" <bkwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:838C4CE9-166D-4C13-98DE-447056A66F9F@microsoft.com... > How to change a calendar in excel from Mon-Sun to Sun-Sat? I am working with the 2006 calendar in the Microsoft Office Online calendar templates. The template that is titled "2006 calendar on multiple worksheets (Mon-Sun, 12-pp.)". Thanks for your help. "Alan" wrote: > What kind of calendar? > "bkwalton" <bkwalton@discus...

saving file problems
under windows XP sometimes i'm not able to save an Excel (97 or 2000) file on a server (win2000 server) When I use save as then I'am able to save the file with an other filename ( in the same folder) ????? ...

Can I transfer files back & forth from excel 2000 to excel 2003?
yes "pheller" <pheller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C05007A-2A83-4902-8F15-EACC02435DEC@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel Linking
Every month the numbers change on 40+ sheets, so I decided to link the workbooks to one sheet. For example, I have Book1.xls. In Book1.xls cell A1 I hit "=" then click on "Bottled Ketchup.xls" cell B3, then hit enter. The results should be what ever is in cell B3: Bottled Ketchup.xls should be in A1:Book1.xls. Something is wrong with my Excel. It will not allow me to link anything from other workbooks. This technique works ok for me. What happened when you did the second link? Danielle wrote: > > Every month the numbers change on 40+ sheets, so I >...

Help!! How do I calculate age in an Excel spreadsheet
I'm trying to calculate age using the date of birth of our customers minus todays date but am coming up with another date rather than their age. Is there a way of doing this? You can use the DATEDIF function to do this. See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm for more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "acarbonara" <acarbonara@niagaracu.com> wrote in message news:0f1701c38da7$e0720710$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to calculate age using the date of birth of our > customers minus todays date bu...

Printing multi-page and multi-orientation excel tab to PDF
Could someone let me know if it is possible to print a multi-page tab in Excel to a PDF with multiple page orientations? Currently, I am setting the print area for each of the four pages and then printing each page seperatly to a PDF. Once complete I am combining each page into one PDF. I need all pages to print to one PDF with the proper size and orientation. My code is included below. Thank you in adavance for your help, Joe M Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() ans = MsgBox("Do you want to Export the Input page to PDF?", vbYesNo, "Confirmation"...

moving from excel 11 to excel 12
Excel 2007, wXP New XP computer with Excel 2007 (Excel 12) and leave my old computer with Excel 2003. I had a bunch of macros in the old computer, but I believe they were not all attached to specific spreadsheets and I could see a list of all macros and invoke the one I wanted. With the Excel 2007 computer it seems that the macros were imported attached to the workbooks to which they pertained, but I had a few macros in the old system that could be used anywhere, such as one that caused a "comment" to be written without my initials embedded in it, and it could be used in any ...